VULCAN

ATTAK Z

One for Beavis :disguise:

Yep awesome aircraft. Last saw it fly at Cosford some years back now B)

Its a national disgrace that at least one Concorde is still not flying just purely for airshow's or public displays :dry: The Concorde used effectively the same engine's as used on the Vulcan. :)

:disguise:

One for Beavis :disguise:

Yep awesome aircraft. Last saw it fly at Cosford some years back now B)

Its a national disgrace that at least one Concorde is still not flying just purely for airshow's or public displays :dry: The Concorde used effectively the same engine's as used on the Vulcan. :)

:disguise:

Same engines just without the afterburner. :thumbs:

Saw it as a kid (Leuchars Airshows) and again 2009 airshow. Never got off the runway due to "insurance issues" bt did some spectacular full throttle runs :teeth: kinda puts the new eurofighter to shame.

I used to go to the Woodford airshow every year as a kid, and it was often there... i think planes were still flying over crowds then (20 years ago?), and i remember the Vulcan flying above us and then opening its bomb-bay doors, with a rusty creaking noise... was well eerie..!

We have built as a Nation some of the best aircraft in the world. What the hell happened :wacko:

Would love to see a Mosquito fly again..................if I ever won the lottery big time I would build one. It would fly again if I had anything to do with it.

Filton Airfield, where great planes such as the Brabason, Bristol Beaufighter and Concorde were built is closing next year as BAE cannot afford to keep it open.

Britain, get your act together :bangin:

We have built as a Nation some of the best aircraft in the world. What the hell happened :wacko:

Would love to see a Mosquito fly again..................if I ever won the lottery big time I would build one. It would fly again if I had anything to do with it.

Filton Airfield, where great planes such as the Brabason, Bristol Beaufighter and Concorde were built is closing next year as BAE cannot afford to keep it open.

Britain, get your act together :bangin:

saying about the mosquito, i remember reading somewhere quite a while ago that you can buy a spitfire kit plane and build it yourself. was alot of money though.

Vulcan did a full display at Fairford IAT last July. Probably this year too, although not confirmed yet, they do a lot of fund raising for the restoration and subsequent maintenance there.

Ex Concorde pilot lives in my village and gives talks and slide shows about the plane which are very interesting. Reason it was scrapped was purely cost. You have to remember that the project was initiated in the 1950's and the technology was almost outdated by the time it came into (passenger) service in the 70's. Modern engines are massively more efficient, and what with 'green' miles and all that........

Of course if it had been built nowadays it wouldn't have had that iconic dipping nose. That was purely to allow for better vision when landing. Now it would all be video screens and cameras etc. Might have been nice to keep one flying for shows etc, but it's always the cost. I guess a privateer will buy one eventually and try and get it flying again.

Vulcan did a full display at Fairford IAT last July. Probably this year too, although not confirmed yet, they do a lot of fund raising for the restoration and subsequent maintenance there.

Ex Concorde pilot lives in my village and gives talks and slide shows about the plane which are very interesting. Reason it was scrapped was purely cost. You have to remember that the project was initiated in the 1950's and the technology was almost outdated by the time it came into (passenger) service in the 70's. Modern engines are massively more efficient, and what with 'green' miles and all that........

Of course if it had been built nowadays it wouldn't have had that iconic dipping nose. That was purely to allow for better vision when landing. Now it would all be video screens and cameras etc. Might have been nice to keep one flying for shows etc, but it's always the cost. I guess a privateer will buy one eventually and try and get it flying again.

Branson tried to take over running Concorde if you remember but BA were having none of it at the time. Who knows for the future but alas think we will never see it fly again :byebye: