Maserati Gran Sport

Ian

Is this above budget too? Or not to your taste?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1591812.htm

That is one hideous looking car :scare::surrender::yuck:

Aww cmon, was hoping you'd appreciate it of all people :blush: Oh well.

The corvette though?

Love the Corvette but couldn't handle the LHD.....the american interior is sooooo low rent as well, which I could live with if it was rhd........or looked like this:

DSC06481.jpg

:wub:

Love the Corvette but couldn't handle the LHD.....the american interior is sooooo low rent as well, which I could live with if it was rhd........or looked like this:

DSC06481.jpg

:wub:

Ians looks better :p:lol: Yeah it's a cheap crap interior, but with a 7 litre ls7 and maybe a callaway supercharger/turbo conversion stuck on, would you really care?

Ian, sounds like you're not 100% convinced. Servicing & parts costs weighed in on the decision. Have you taken a 370 for a spin?? If not, you might be surprised. Newer version of our 350's, but with more.......... if that makes sense. ;)

Must say that i LOVE the Maserati Gran Sport,and it was considered by Evo to be the most complete 4200gt going. I want a blue one! (2nd car down viewtopic.php?f=21&t=48376) Sorry to hear you were not overly convinced by it,maybe try another one,and see how that feels compared to the red one. The Cambrio CORSA gearbox is slightly on the older side,especially compared to the modern ones,and DSG boxes,but aslong as on the open road its great,is that not the main thing?

Let us know how you get on with the 4200gt,be interesting to see how you feel about that,after driving the hardcore version first.

Never really considered a 370, Just thought they might be to much of the same as the 350 - but having seen a few modified examples I am starting to come around to them so it might be worth a test drive.

The only Aston in my budget is a DB7, which I'm not a fan of - I'd want a DB9 or V8 vantage if I was getting one :D

After speaking to some people on the Maserati forum, they reckon that the car I drove will need a clutch very soon which could explain the jerkyness of the box. Its not really the box that put me off, I've owned a car with paddle shifts before & that box was much much slower than the Maser box.

I just can't put my finger on what I didn't like - as an overall package I liked it & I wouldn't be disappointed if I bought one - I just didn't love it as much as I love the Z :blush:

i looked at the 3900 masser's very nice, but not that reliable and expensive to run,

i have my next car lined up and like you it ticks the V8 box, and the more adult and classy feel. just need to put my s2k up for sale, which i'm really going to miss, had great fun in it for the last year and been faultless.

lots of the cars on your short list match mine :blush:

Ian, the fact that you haven't bought it already speaks volumes.

When I bought both of my Zed's and my Gallardo, I nearly passed out when I saw them. My heart beat was racing, sweaty palms, voice wavering, legs felt weak and I couldn't hear anything the saleman was saying to me. I had to have them, at almost any cost. It's emotions like those that developed into a complete obsession with all three cars.

From what your saying, you don't feel like that about this car, which means it'll be up for sale before the end of the year once you've realised your mistake.

If the car doesn't grab you from the off, it's not for you. Save your hard earned for The One ;)

agree with sarnie,

i know i've found the one, as i've got a little obsessed with it, i'll have to take someone with me when i go to look at one to keep a least one person with their feet on the ground.

i've even got the point where i'd part ex for a stupid price if it meant i got the car i wanted. :scare: but i'll do it properly and finish preping my car before i pop it up for sale.

good luck with your search Ian :thumbs:

I completley agree with you both :)

The Maser would/will always be a short term option. If I do get one then I only plan to have it for around 18months before moving onto a GTR :blush:

I can't really do a lot until the supercharger kit sells anyway :(

get a 370 and mod it up.. :teeth:

:thumbs: Agreed big time. They go very well with a supercharger in them. One of ours in almost stock form body & interior wise, bar the charger and a few other engine bits, was within a hairs breath of the times the fully blown race cars (that have the bones stripped out and running very big power) were doing at our major track day in Feb. Impressive! :drive1:thumbs:

I just can't put my finger on what I didn't like - as an overall package I liked it & I wouldn't be disappointed if I bought one - I just didn't love it as much as I love the Z :blush:

I test drove an E92 M3, 997 C2S and dare I say it a GTR, and I didnt feel any of them were as rewarding to drive as the Z - all great in their own right, but just missing a bit of excitement. That said, Ive driven and M3 hard since and might be persuaded on that one ......... ;)

Have you thought of an IS-F? That was the only car I test drove that felt like an event, it was just a bit more exciting than the above, it gave me a bit of a buzz. Worth a look, they arent costing much these days :)

I really don't like Porsches (sorry Dan :ban: ...... probably just because I can't afford one :p ) but like the M3 you can't really dismiss them as awesome cars?

911 and Cayman (if you like that kind of thing) are in your price range.

911 will be as fast, comfortable, impractical but a damn sight more reliable?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ogcode=flp

ISF is too practical, its a weekend toy so no real need for 4seats/doors :)

The problem with a Porsche is that I couldn't just settle for a basic 911. It would have to be a Turbo or GT3 for me to be interested :blush:

Got a test drive in a 370 roadster tomorrow morning :ninja:

Personally I think you would get bored very quickly with the Mazzer. 20 years or so maybe but your still youngish.

I don't think you can go wrong with the 370z , I wasn't keen at first but they have really grown on me, especially now all the mods are out to personalise it, plus it's well within budget now . It's what I'm saving up for now B)

ISF is too practical, its a weekend toy so no real need for 4seats/doors :)

The problem with a Porsche is that I couldn't just settle for a basic 911. It would have to be a Turbo or GT3 for me to be interested :blush:

Got a test drive in a 370 roadster tomorrow morning :ninja:

Furry muff, but if the M3 is on your shortlist I would strongly advise trying the IS-F - it was much more fun to drive than anything else I took out, regardless of its 4 doors and 4 seats. :)

I know its a bit older now but the E46 CSL is supposed to be an excellent drivers car, I know a few guys who have gone from GT3's to CSL's and been really pleased - might be worth considering. :thumbs: