The bloody cheek of it!

Ricey

When we had that rear-ender a few months ago the only thing that was really damaged was the zorst........Solus Warrington (the repair center) were utter gash and refused to replace it to start with and advised me they were going to 'bend' the tip back into shape.

Car came back and was returned immediately as the 'bending' had only succeeded in scratching the bent pipe. Eventually they agreed to replace it but wouldn't let me have the old one back (I was going to get the tips changed and flog it).......fair enough like - its an insurance jobbie, so I assumed it would be scrapped.

We'll lookie here - SWINES! :angry:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/nissan-350z-scorpion-exhaust-/110676709823?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19c4d891bf#ht_500wt_11566

Convienently located in Burtonwood in Warrington.........and stating the RRP exactly the same as Solus paid for it (which was about £100 more than they needed to!)

This is the only piccie I can find of it that matches the same angle as his but I remember the big discolored patch on the top of it by the connector pipe.

IMAG0110.jpg

Yip - I could be wrong (its been known before - see 60 seconds ago for an example)

But its a bloody coincidence that someone who lives 10 mins away from the repair shop should be selling a Scorpion with that random RRP advertised, a bent left tip (which he's failed to mention but has stuck a nice 'caveat emptor' piccie of it up) and a discoloured burn mark by the exit pipe.

tbh i would contact the insurer you used and tell them he is selling it on. they normally request it to be destroyed and normally ask for evidence i thought. they wont be happy.

i am sure the insurance company would be looking at this as a matter of theft......and ebay wont like it much either.

Got a text back off the bloke who put his number on there saying when he spoke to him he told him about the bent tip so he's got a Milltek instead.........I 'text' flyered him and told him to get signed up on here :teeth: .........I shall forever be known as 'Weird eBay stalker bloke'.

Given that Solus were so utterly gash I've a good mind to report it (especially given that they wouldn't let me have it because it had to be 'destroyed') but you know what..........on reflection the worlds a shitty place at times and all I would be doing is busting the chops of some young underpaid mech who's trying to make a bit of extra coin.

Cheeky little git though!

all I would be doing is busting the chops of some young underpaid mech who's trying to make a bit of extra coin, illegally, off the back of my misery and the **** poor job they did for me.

Edited for you ;)

What they have done is unprofessional and probably illegal, don't let him get away with it I say......

all I would be doing is busting the chops of some young underpaid mech who's trying to make a bit of extra coin, illegally, off the back of my misery and the **** poor job they did for me.

Edited for you ;)

What they have done is unprofessional and probably illegal, don't let him get away with it I say......

:lol: well said.........I think I'm just so used to people being useless these days that giving someone 2 or 3 cracks at a job just seems like the normal procedure - 3rd time of trying they did a decent job!

I'll have a ponder of a 'special letter' when I get back. :teeth:

and sold. :scare:

Please complain! :rant::rant::rant::rant:

I had a Manta GTE coupe park next to me many years ago.

Had a chat to the owner and asked how much it had cost to jig it up and straighten out the chassis rails I had bent 5 weeks before after taking it over a 2ft drop at about 30mph.

The reply "no mate this was sold at auction as stolen recovered, the headlights and rear speakers were missing"

Yup the same irmsher twin headlight conversion I took out and speakers I removed as part of the payout agreement.

We lifted the bonnet and when you knew where to look the rails were bent up by about 15° just behind the front wheels.

Gave the guy's lawer an affidavid and left them to it but heard later they sued the auction house.

Insurance fraud from another side. :angry::angry::angry::rant:

Rant over

Normal service will be resumed after this pint. :blush:

Awesome....I got this reply from him after explaining to him that I believed it was off my car

"Hi thanks for that. I bought this 18 months ago for a Nova 2 litre project but never used it"

Riiiiiiiiiiight. I would imagine that a 350z exhaust would be top of anyones shopping list for a 2 litre nova project - if your going to lie at least make it vaguely believable.

:blush: only just seen this thread!!!!! Im the buyer at £79 which is a bargain for a back box n center section. But didnt know the story behind it!!!!!

Pick it up on friday.

So if you have a message ricey? ill pass it on.

:blush: only just seen this thread!!!!! Im the buyer at £79 which is a bargain to me n Pick it up friday.

That is a bargain mate - I hope he admitted to the bent pipe!

If it is my old one it should have about an inch/half an inch of scratching on the side of the left hand pipe where they tried to bend it back into shape.....thats there then its definitely mine and I'd appreciate knowing because I'll be letting the insurers know if it is.

If you do need or want to change the tips I was quoted about £130 all in for any style from some place over Wrexham :thumbs:

:blush: only just seen this thread!!!!! Im the buyer at £79 which is a bargain to me n Pick it up friday.

That is a bargain mate - I hope he admitted to the bent pipe!

If it is my old one it should have about an inch/half an inch of scratching on the side of the left hand pipe where they tried to bend it back into shape.....thats there then its definitely mine and I'd appreciate knowing because I'll be letting the insurers know if it is.

If you do need or want to change the tips I was quoted about £130 all in for any style from some place over Wrexham :thumbs:

Ill take any pics or write a description you like and i have the sellers full addy. But let me pick it up first cos i aint gunna sniff at it for 79 quid!

Ill take any pics or write a description you like and i have the sellers full addy. But let me pick it up first cos i aint gunna sniff at it for 79 quid!

Cheers bud. :thumbs:

Don't worry I'll keep off his back until you've got it in your mitts!