Thoughts on new badge

Peter10

Right, I have decided I've had enough of the standard Nissan badges on the front & back of the Zed. The "NISSAN" writing is pitted and apart from going over it very carefully with paint to fill it in, it is starting to bug me as the rest of the car looks pretty good.

I can't decided what I want though... I've had a few ideas, but without seeing any alternative badges in the flesh, I can only assume how they will look. Ideally, I would want to order and fit them before Japfest (typical the best opportunity to see the alternatives!).

So here's the car:

IMG_0410.jpg

IMG_0419.jpg

And here's the badges I have been thinking about, I thought the red on blue would look pretty nice, but thoughts?

Z350RED1.jpg

The second alternative badge is:

The current standard one is chrome:

Z-BADGE.jpg

Not sure how satin would look on a dark coloured car:

Zbadgesatin.jpg

Input and thoughts would be great. I've done a bit of searching around but can't find a Tommy K badge on my coloured car.

i like the idea of the Likwidart red z on the boot and the chrome z burger on the front :thumbs:

That's what I was thinking...

I don't think the black badges will work on the dark blue too well for me. I like the black badges on white or black zeds though :thumbs:.

What to do, what to do :bang:

mate i got the satin badges on my gm zed and its great all i would say is the front badge is easy to locate as theres pins that go in for lining up, but there isnt on the back so be very careful when sticking the back on. if u like i will take some pics for you saturday and upload them for you to see

ok mate well the satin does tie in well with the handles and if you have rays them as well. would do it tomorrow but have to wash my car first as dont wanna get s**t for having a dirty car lol also when looking at the chrome ones they looked a little bit cheaper than the satin it maybe that the chrome ones ive seen are cheap copys but thats my honest opion

Thanks for all the input guys, much appreciated. I think I will bite the bullet and go for a Tommy K back and a satin Z front. I assume the Tommy K ones are still available from Likwidart.

How difficult is it to remove the badge from the rear brace? Could I take the badge off and simply put a Tommy K style one in it's place?

Before you do, here's my word of warning. Having had my black burger z badge on for about a year, they do not wear very well at all. Mine has lost all its shine, looks sorta murky green and is really not looking good at all. I do drive the car a fair bit and it went through all the snow, salt & whatnot, but that shouldn't be an excuse for it to weather so badly. I'd go with something of better quality & more durable.