URGENT HELP REQUIRED

varley16

I bought a 54 reg 350Z from a Nissan dealership. i also purchased 1 years warrenty with the vehicle. i also have it on finance. All the faults were there from when i purchased the car.

I purchased this car on november the 10th, a month later rang up and told them the faults, no call back, another call a month later, where i was told the salesman who sold me the car is on holiday so they cant do anythin with it untill hes back, again no call back.......another call, which also made a complaint about not getting a call back, then they actually did call me back, at this point i booked it in a month later.....i should also explain i work every weekend, so getting the car booked in is a struggle.

i have a file on my desktop with all the faults listed, which has the date of when the file was created.

the issues i have are

1. Clicking from rear axle.

2. clunking from rear when braking.

3. Clutch creaking.

4. rear washer inop.

5. battery cover missing.

6. left speaker crackles (only certain tunes)

7. boot latch does not release on first press of button.

8. Boot would not hold up when ice covering rear screen.

So i booked it back into the dealership to have the repairs carried out. there answers to each fault were:

1. Rear splines need greasing, it can be sorted.....they didnt actually say if its covered on the warrenty.

2. never mentioned this.

3. charecteristic of the vehicle.

4. Needs a new washer pump, warrenty company will only cover the front pump but not the rear.

5. it can be sorted......not actually saying if they will pay.

6. didnt mention this on phone.

7. its beacuse the car has a heavy boot.

8. same as above, due to a heavy boot.

So....im very very angry with this, and refused to have the car back untill its fixed. there sales manager is yet to ring me, but im not one for giving second chances especially im being given idiot answers. i also forgot to mention, im a vehicle technician myself so i know whats what.

im going to email trading standereds, the company of the dealership, nissan themselves, and the finance company.

im not going to say what dealership it is yet, untill a decision is made on what they will do.

Any help will be appreciated.

Some serious stuff mixed in with minor stuff that most people suffer from mate.

The boot lid is a nightmare for most people and the general concenus is get the struts regassed.

Clicky axle is a well known fault - ZMANALEX sells the repair kit for this. I don't think greasing will solve the issue.

Good luck

PM Will350z, he had an issue with his soft top leaking with a warranty and he seemed to know what he was talking about when he said he was within his rights to return the car to the dealer in exchange for his money back if they could/would not repair faulty issues in the warranty. Worth checking the small print of yours as well I guess :wacko:

Good luck with it buddy :)

well sent them an email telling them the issues, and told them what will happen if its not sorted. im not one for second chances, but somehting as serious as this, i better atleast give them untill end of tomorrow to sort it.

what a joke! its just ruining the enjoyment of having a zed now!

PM Will350z, he had an issue with his soft top leaking with a warranty and he seemed to know what he was talking about when he said he was within his rights to return the car to the dealer in exchange for his money back if they could/would not repair faulty issues in the warranty. Worth checking the small print of yours as well I guess :wacko:

Good luck with it buddy :)

Sorry to hear the bad news about the car. It's a tricky situation. I had an issue with my roof leaking and like virtually everything the warranty wouldn't cover it. To be honest the nissan warranty is next to useless. I was lucky the garage agreed to sort the car out at their own expense and as a gesture of goodwill.

As I was not prepared for this I had done some research and gone to citizens advice who were great. I found that if the car is not fit for purpose then you have 6 months from the date of purchase when you can return to keys to the trade seller and get your moeny back. it must be a trade and not a private seller. in the case of motor vehicles not fit for purpose has to mean it's pretty serious and the car is terminal. I doubt very much whether your issues would satisfy the criteria unfortunately.

Sounds like it has now been quite a while since the date of purchase which will make things even more tricky. Sorry it's not good news.

I would still chase the garage, mention you are a member of this forum and you pass feedback back here. Also try the fit for purpose route and see if they fall for it, doubt it though and hopefully they may fix the problems.

I was luck yhope you are too

If the faults were all there when you purchased the car then it is really down to the garage to fix the issues for you, free of charge, and not claim off the warranty.

If the garage does decide to claim off the warranty then it would be wise for you to read your warranty documentation thoroughly. I am assumming that it will be an aftermarket insurance warranty.

Of course you have your rights and if the car is not fit for the purpose then you can always return it, however best to take advice on this, as there are procedures to be followed.

Having finance on the car is a real benefit in situations such as these, especially if you have a conditional sale agreement (HP) as the car belongs to the finance company until you make your last payment. If you have taken out a personal bank loan on the car then you are the owner of the car.

Lean heavily on the finance company and the general manager at the garage and you should get a result. :thumbs:

Good luck.

Alex. :)

the clutch sounds like the release bearing at fault.

i also told them about the faults a month after purchase, but i know they will deny this.

i have now emailed the dealer and nissan themselves.

keep you all posted and thanks for advise.

I wish you all the best with this, I have an issue with my clutch, first thing I did was call the Dealership (came with a 6 month warranty) told the salesman my clutch is slipping....

He calls me back and says "This is wear the warranty does not cover wear"

That's OK I said I have had a local garage look over it and they have told me it's not the clutch its a faulty slave cylinder ........

I'll get back to you on that ...... still waiting, but I know that will either be wear or perishable (as in the seals have gone)

Lucky for me Zmanalex is sorting me a new slave cylider and I only have the one fault.

It appears that my warranty dosn't actually cover anything that can actually go wrong with the car! :angry:

i have also emailed the finance company telling them i refuse to pay any more payments on a vehicle of poor standerd.

EEEEEK be careful doing this - it can fook your credit profile up. Much as its a great way to get them by the nads it'll cause you a world of pain if you apply for credit.

Those 3rd party warranty agreements are a right load of clause ridden kack. :thumbdown:

The problem is that with a car that age you will only have a dealer style warranty, not a manufacturers new car warranty. They would generally only cover major mechanicals, and certainly not a clutch due to the risk of abuse. You need to check the small print carefully. A lot of those items should have been negotiated at the point of sale as you say they were apparent then, they are just 'second hand car' snags. Unless you specifically mentioned them and the salesman agreed to rectify as part of the deal.

You need to push for the 'clicky axle' repair to be done properly, this may well be covered by the warranty. Greasing is not an effective repair. Likewise, clunking from the rear may be suspension related, droplinks etc, and again, may or may not be covered.

Either way you need to push hard or they will try to avoid it. You can't buy a 6+ year old car and expect them to return it to new condition, unless, as I said, you negotiated at the point of sale. Incidentley, Nissan won't want to have anything to do with it, it's well out of manufacturers warranty and your contract is with the dealer.

Keep on at them though, the more noise you make, the greater the chance that they will do it to get rid of you. Frustrating I know, but that's the way car dealers work.

Best of luck.

These things are very frustrating but a couple of things to consider:

Try and keep the dealer on your side. Give them the opportunity to look into the issues with your car, give them the opportunity to fix the car to your standards. If you start to annoy them they will be very reluctant to do the work, return your calls/emails etc.

In regards to not paying your finance etc - don't be daft, keep paying it otherwise it will have negative consequences in relation to future credit etc - as Ricey mentioned.

A quick call to trading standards can work in your favour - all you need is a reference number from them. Once the dealer is aware of this reference/discussion they are likely to be more accomodating.

As frustrating as it is be patient and hopefully you will have a positive outcome :thumbs:

Thanks for all the advice, forgot to mention i havent done 2000 miles in it yet.

Anyway, the dealership contacted me today to say they will repair all the faults, with no cost to myself. im well happy with the outcome.

Nissan were quick to reply to my emails, although i have lost confidence in the dealership and asked nissan to oversee all repairs to make sure there not bodged to keep me happy for a few more months.

sorry if i sound picky or mardy, but ive always wanted a 350z, and want it to be spot on.

Well done - I hope it all goes ok. I can understand why you were so angry. Somehow the fact that the 350 should be very special makes it worse than the same faults on an "ordinary" car, plus it is frustrating when you know that people are using evasive tactics. Let's hope you end up with what you originally expected.

yay got it back.

so the fixed/bodged the clicking from back, and fitted a battery cover, replaced the rear washer pump, also the boot was fixed.

the clutch they said they lubricated and ill have to see how it goes.

the left speaker the didnt fix, the clunking under braking they didnt fix, the squeaky brakes they didnt fix.

so ill have to make a CD for them so they can fault it, the squeaky brakes ill just de-glaze and copper slip myself, the rear brakes clunking on initial braking sounds like there is supposed to be some spacers/shims between the pad and the calliper, and its seems like these are missing, so the clunk is the pad banging against the calliper, i dont know this braking system on these, but if someone can let me know if there is supposed to be some there, then i can check if mine are right.

so im glad i got my car back after 2 weeks, dissapointed that its taken them 2 weeks and they havent fixed everything.

holdcroft nissan in crewe...... dissapointed to be honest.