Project Zed 2011

Mark@Abbey m/s

Not being funny Mark but it needs spacers and lowering. Didn't think much to the wooden bodykit either.

Gota say looks high tech and highly tuned. Makes a dull job very interesting.

If you need a loan zed to drop that into just let me know I'll be there!! ;)

We have 3 engines for the drag car , 2 are on there way the other one that was used for the map build is being refreshed before being shipped.

:surrender: 3 engines, that's some investment to get a drag going. I'd understand two engines one for backup in case the first one blows but 3 isn't that a bit ott? Or is the expected engine life low? (so you need to rebuild after x amount of drags?)

3 engines, that's some investment to get a drag going. I'd understand two engines one for backup in case the first one blows but 3 isn't that a bit ott? Or is the expected engine life low? (so you need to rebuild after x amount of drags?)

We run the motrs for around 20/24 runs , which then they need a rebuild. Bigest trouble we cant strip the motors easily as it is major work to remove the sump or cylinder heads.

So we normally only have 2 motors in the UK and 1 in the US being rebuilt, but as it is the beginning of the year we have 3 motors ready to go.

We find a few things that the motors have trouble with;

running the car on the ORB ( making boost on the line) it is very agressive on the front cam lower sprocket, the cam buckets and the exhaust valves.

The motor runs to 10,000 rpm with STOCK Nissan cam drive chain and gears so w ehave to keep an eye on these.

Crank rods and pistons and bearings we now seem to have it all under control now .

Head gaskets we use a normal high end performance gasket with very good quality head studs.