The evolution of my zed (Pic Heavy)

Jay

So I was chatting to a few of my mates at the weekend regarding how much my zed has changed over the years and decided to start a thread to show the gradual transformation of it :blush:

So it all started with me saying I wasn't going to modify the zed at all :blush: Ohhhh how I was wrong :blush:

I dont have any pics of it completely standard. For some bizare reason I decided to go for chrome wheels :surrender: they lasted a whole 3 months :blush:;)

zed10.jpg

a3501.jpg

Ok so after that slight mishap :blush: I decided to go down the Jap style route..... so I got my old jdm wheels back on and refurbed them black. I also purchased a nismo v1 rep and a nismo v1 spoiler. Just as it was all going in for paint I decided to paint my roof black and also an accent on the back spoiler black aswell.

Image088.jpg

Next came the headlights...... Paul @ dream customz hooked me up with a gorgeous pair of lights

Image121.jpg

Image125.jpg

At this point.... I attended alot more meets and shows and decided to change the look again but only subtley by adding the black strip on the front bumper. It just gave it a bit of a meanier look :evil:

Image003.jpg

Ok so by now I was thinking to myself .... thats the zed done..... but oh no... I parked up next to Paul T's green beast and Irfans azure unique zed.....and I will be honest....... I knew my zed needed a kit in order to look as good as theirs :blush::lol:

So side skirts and a rear bumper were next in line. I didnt want to go all nismo as I wanted a fairly unique looking 350z. So after hours an hours of looking through web sites etc I decided on JP Vizage skirts and Ings +1 rear bumper.

Sooooooo Looooowwww :lol::teeth:

15082009045.jpg

18102009051-1.jpg

I was really pleased with the out come and loved the way the zed looked... I kept it like this for a fair few months. To be honest.... its only because I was in Australia for 6 months :blush::lol::cloud9:

When I returned from my oz adventure.... I fell in love again with the zed as I forgot how powerful she was and also how much attention you get while driving it. But this only lasted about ohhh 2 months AGAIN :lol::lol: At this point the 07 bumper buldge was on everyones hit list.... so naturally I had to have one :blush:

22042010230.jpg

OK sooooo the Biggest and BRIGHTEST change was now happening. I wanted my zed to become a show car and felt that the blade was a safe option...... I knew deep down that a colour change was needed. However I kept thinkin of the cost but also how it would affect the resale of the zed whenever it happened. So I was told about wrapping etc.... naturally I enquired........ that led to my PUMPKIN ZED :cloud9:

08052010274.jpg

08052010271.jpg

As usual....... there was something missing.... yup, you guessed it.........WHEELS ....... :lol:

15052010288.jpg

It was show time now soooooo naturally new zorst and a couple of engine bay bits and bobs

induction2.jpg

zorst2.jpg

This then made me smile :D;)

smc5.jpg

I calmed down for a while and decided to do some "sensible" mods and upgrade my dics to EBC Turbo grooves with yellow stuff pads :) Also since I was on the wheels etc I had to get some spacers to give it that meanier stance :evil:

SDC11807.jpg

So was that it....... my show car..... finally finished

NOPE :lol: I felt that the nismo front was a little too subtle.... I got my inspiration from 33boxer and his gorgeous aussie drift car.... so I was on the phone pronto to Japan and ordering my JP Vizage type N front bumper :blush::cloud9:

The first one in the uk :lol:

jp3.jpg

I think that is the zed finished externally...... for this show season I have recently purchased a new steering wheel, blackened l.e.d. rear lights and a nitrous bottle ( for show only... but we will see :lol: )

led.jpg

mattnos-1.jpg

steeringwheel.jpg

So that's all folks..... hope you haven't minded too much reading my random ramblings. But that is the evolution of my zed.... whats next..... new seats and then...... thats it ....................... FOR NOW :blush::lol:

QUICK UPDATE: new engine bay bits and also new retrimmed seats on the way

engine.jpg

engine2.jpg

Cheers for looking :thumbs::)

This is going to look the bomb on our stand this year mate! Alot of cash and effort gone into this and its paid off! Got your wheel on yet?

I am doing my best to keep up and get ready for the show season. I am keeping up fine but my wallet ain't! :lol: Oh well japspeed decats and y pipe are on their way, eibach lowering springs are on their way, paul is sorting my lights for me and I am looking for an exhaust.

Thereafter maybe the diffuser will go on :ninja: and that will be about it for this year! :blush:

when are you going to replace the auto box with a real mans manual? :p

get it on track!

Why would I replace it when its quicker in a 1/4 mile and also dont need to worry about crunchy gears? :p

Awesome looking zed! Definitely one of my fav's I've come across online :)

How much was the wrap and the headlights?

Wow.... thanks very much mate :)

The wrap was roughly 1500 bucks... as for the lights am not 100% sure. Paul at dreamzcustomz did them for me a while ago :thumbs:

• 3 months later...