Whats the Story??

Mears5

hi everybody

i only joined the forum on sunday and so far im loving it! and after a conversation i had with my work collegues about how people come to own certain cars etc and that fact that im keen to find out about everybody and there Z's i just wondered whats the story to your Z? how did you come by it? and why a 350Z?

hope everybody is well

Cheers :thumbs:

owned a misti GTO and loved every second, but it was really old and cheap (read as "ready to die"). I sold that to get a focus ST3, a car i thought ticked all the boxes, practical, fast, economicalish, etc. But the focus was so disappointing as it had ZERO soul. When I was searching for cars I wanted to have something like the GTO again because I was missing it so badly, I realised I could nicely afford a 350z :D so after 6 months of focus ownership it got punted off and I picked up the zed :) that was over 2 years ago and its the longest I've ever kept a car :)

I remember when they first came out they ran an ad campaign on TV for them and I thought "Wow, a grown up Audi TT". Sadly, I'd only just bought a brand new Celica T-Sport and couldn't justify changing straight away, had to wait almost 4 years :shrug: . It was the looks coupled with the legendary status of The Z series that did it for me..plus the added bonus of Japanese reliability :thumbs:

Pete

Well im 22 so it must have been about four or five years ago i really started to like them i went with my parents when they were looking for a car and wondered off to go and have a look at one, saw them in the ads and in tokyo drift and stuff, and instantly liked them. So when i started work i set myself a target of buying one withing three years. I took alot of stick for it at work because it wasnt a BMW AUDi or Merc. and then when i eventually got mine it was better than i expected!

Still take a bit of stick here and there at work but nothing sorts it out like the sounds of the Z and the smile it puts on my face! :teeth:

:thumbs:

You get stick for owning a 350z?

I've always taken stick for every performance car I've owned but for the first time ever I seem to have bought a car that seems universally liked which makes a nice change....for once i don't have to defend my choice of car.

And in answer to your question...i was looking at a nice tommi Mak evo to tuck up in the garage but my wife hates scooby and evo type cars with a passion and she pointed out the Zed as something she liked, i went and had a look at a few if only to keep her quiet and hope to find some glaring reason why we shouldn't buy one but as soon as i had a drive i realised what I'd been missing.

Well im 22

The forum is being overrun by youth. :lol::lol: (I do jest as you are only 3 years older than my daughter :scare: )

Was lucky to go out in a mates 240z in the late 70s :wheelchair: and fell for zeds.

Couple of years ago was I happy in my Jag and also had an estate for my dogs and hobbies. Oh and children!

Just though one day chop the Jag in for a toy as I have the estate. :shrug:

And never looked back. :teeth:

My dad has always had nice cars, my bro got a 350z when they first came out loved it. I started driving in a Punto 20k miles a year, more or less killed it after 2 years, fancied something fuel effecient cheap to insure but also a little different test drove a Smart Roadster Coupe and absolutly loved it, loved the way it felt and handled although not the fastest car it was a great step up to a bigger car. After about 1 year and a half of having it sold to step up to my 350z and loved every moment.

Only but i dont love is parking it as its wide I always worry about door dingage!

After two glorious trips around Europe in my RX8 over the last couple of years, last years trip had the goal of getting through the Stelvio pass. Took a leisurely but fun "hoon" through Spain, the South of France up into Lake Como. Going from there up to Stelvio and reaching the more demanding climb, the handling of the 8 was great, but the lack of torque was dire :blush:

That made my mind up, a new sports car was needed. You just can't get a four seat, four door sports car with the same practicality and handling as an 8, so I decided to go for a two seater. Then I remembered a little "play" I had with a 350z owner a few years back, he could match the 8 in the twisties (must have been a very good driver as the 8 is a superb handling car), but when a straight came into view, I was left for dead :surrender:

So I had a look at the usual suspects, BMW Z4, Caymen S, Audi TT and the 370Z. Unfortunately my pockets couldn't reach deep enough for the options list on the Audi and BMW with the Caymen, I just couldn't afford new.

Test drove both the manual GT and the 7sp auto box versions and was intoxicated by the power delivery in all gears (well maybe not 6th :p ), that was it, put the deposit down a got a brand new, in the wrapper Ebisu Black GT with the Connect system and a few other extras thrown in B) Not as practical as the old 8 but ticked all the other boxes :teeth:

Happy as a sandboy now :thumbs:

There were 3 cars on my affordable wish list, a BMW Z4, 350Z GT and Lotus Elise. I got the Z4 at 24, 350Z at 26 and now thats gone i'm hoping to get the Lotus before i turn 30.

I'm kinda the same I set myself targets like I say the z was within 3 years of starting work! Would like to say a GTR by the time I'm 26 but that may be a bit ambitious, and might have to think of actually buying a house at some point! Haha

At 21yrs old I'd been through my fair share of French and german cars and always sold within a year. I then racked up over 5k of damage to my jcw mini cooper s. I though I would have to keep it because of insurance prices so decided to scrap the Porsche idea and bought the missus a little Suzuki swift sport with the intention of keeping the mini. About 2 weeks later I had enough of the mini and with insurance prices rising the zed was the fastest car which I could insure for a reasonable price with a 5k claim declared. I went to buy a normal zed with the intention of spending 13k but seen the nismo model sitting aboout 5k over budget but I couldn't resist. I bought it and never regretted a minute. It's the first time I've bought a car and never thought about selling it. Now had it just over a year and a half and love it just as much as the day I bought it. Currently on the hint for an r34 gtr to add to my Nissan collection

There were 3 cars on my affordable wish list, a BMW Z4, 350Z GT and Lotus Elise. I got the Z4 at 24, 350Z at 26 and now thats gone i'm hoping to get the Lotus before i turn 30.

I'm kinda the same I set myself targets like I say the z was within 3 years of starting work! Would like to say a GTR by the time I'm 26 but that may be a bit ambitious, and might have to think of actually buying a house at some point! Haha

Yeah theres plenty of cars i'd like but are too much money, i've just brought my first house so the 350Z had to go, also sold our Swift Sport so i'm back to using the mk1 mr2 and have brought my fiancee a 2007 1.8i Tigra.

There comes a time when a car is just a car and the house comes first.

Watched this video before bed one night & had a strange dream that I owned one :blush: Bought one about 3 weeks later :D

It was always intended to be a stepping stone towards a R34, It just turned out to be a longer stepping stone that I thought it would be :blush: