Another bites the dust?

alessandro

I might do ........... but hopefully I'll find a way................

In the last few months my faniancial situation hasn't been the best, I managed to cut down on all of my expences so that I could keep the Z but, it's also sad to see her sat there not doing much, I can afford to keep her but I wouldn't be able to enjoy her as much and looking after her propelly, so I started thinking that if the worst comes to worst I'll have to sell. Just the thought of it gives a knowt in the throuth as I love the Z to bits.

I'll probabably sell the Z and my girlfried KA and buy one car only, the thing is that looking around there is nothing that I would like to buy or that would suit both of us. So, I need some ideas.

Budget 10K max, 4 doors, small ish ( VW Golf size ),reliable, failry cheap to run and mantain, ideally FWD or 4WD but RWD considered( girlfriend driving+winter roads+RWD= crash ) and last but not least FUN.

The only cars worst considering at the moment are:

Silvia S15-I know it's an RWD but it would also be on top of my list, but is it a money tip?

New Focus ST- mpg? fun?

Old audi S3- boring?

Integra DC5- mpg? Do you have to rev the s#@t out of it to enjoy it?

What your thought?

(hopefully I wll not need to make the decision but thank you in advance for your ideas)

:byebye:

The zed isn't a really dear to run but I've found to keep it in good condition and well maintained costs alot, parts are dear. On the rare occasion I do go to the stealers I loosen my belt off ready to have my Pants pulled down :scare:.' I hope you can keep it but if not you won't better alot of the German cars although they can be a bit dull, have you thought about e46 BMW's you can get a 330 cd which has plenty of poke and good mpg, just take the bus if it snows though :lol: Hope you sort it :thumbs:

Each option you listed there, will cost about the same as a Zed to run.

The S15 will likely be more in insurance too (rarer, hard to get parts, etc etc)

You could just hold out and hope for improvement.

Agree with all of the above......I've tried doing this before (replacing an expensive sports car with a less expensive sports car) bottom line unless your happy making minimal savings there's no point getting shut.

If you want to see major change in your back pocket then get a decent oil burner.

I know I always whore my car out as a decent sensible car but it really does tick a lot of boxes (but then again I also have access to a Zed for a sporty option).

140 bhp VW unit (170 bhp one detuned apparently - not hard to get it back up to top power)

30gb hardrive multimedia sat nav as standard

Full leathers

Interior unrecognizable against Mitsi's of old.

40-50 mpg (I was getting 57 from Chester to Newcastle :yahoo::scare: )

18 inch alloys as standard

£155 to tax

Totally standard

IMAG0132.jpg

IMAG0133.jpg

bmw 330 does 44mpg on a long drive and has a 0-60 of around 6 seconds, and as its the E46 its not bad looking, comfortable and rwd is fun to drive, just invest in some good winter wheels and tyres and the cold wont be an issue with a RWD.

the vw golfs are pretty good and ones like the GTI get good MPG and performance, don't know if you'll stretch to a sirrocco but thats a nice car.

done lots of looking recently and the germans are the only ones really who do good performance figures as well as good mpg.

My BMW 330CI sport coupe is still for sale, I've not really advertised it much but she needs to go, I need to change brakes on her and the mirrors just stopped working but I'd let her go for 8.5k as is. Does 28mpg on average with mixed driving. She's cheaper to run than the zed, marginally.

For those stating change to diesel, you'll probably find for the little mileage you are doing its not actually that financially sound. You'll pay a premium for a decent sporty diesel. Something else to factor in, why get rid of a car you know for something unknown if you're concerned about finances. You'll be bored with any of the options mentioned over a zed (the ford is 0-60 in 6.7 seconds, it will seem very slow after yours!). Anything you get you'll likely try to drive it like you did the zed, so its not going to be that economical. Once you factor in depreciation, its only a good idea if you're getting a much cheaper car or a much more economical car - and for the options you're listing thats not your priority.

My opinion mate. :)

The cars you are looking at wont really help much. If you really want to cut costs you will have to start looking at a lower spec for higher mpg and cheaper running costs.

The upside is this should help you decide, the zed or something sensible or economical. The other way round it is to decide to cut and run now then come back when things get better. I have been there and it sometimes needs to be done.

Best of luck both, Liz will miss the company in the taxi at Japfest. :)

economy is part of it i think, but if they are selling 2 cars and swapping to one car it needs to be practical for both to use, and removing a complete car from the equation makes a huge difference a year.

thats one less lot of insurance, road tax, mot and servicing.

only 1 car to fill up,

so if its only marginally more economical but still fun, you've already made the most of your saving by loosing the other car.

its all well and good people sitting in their zeds telling others to buy a sh1t box; but they're not the ones that ahve to drive it. and live with it etc.

Thank you all for the the options and opinions

Ozz- I'll be keeping the Z until August when I'll have it all paid off

RT- All good points on your last post, I guess I'll have to do some mats, did you come up with a replacement for the S2K?

Ricey- that could be an option, is the 2L model? Still a Jap, and could be plaing with it on look and bhp ( cant resist :bangin: )

Martin- I'll miss Japfest this year because is the week before the wedding and wales is on my wedding day, but I'll be coming along to the others for sure :D

I know that beggers cant be choosers but BMW doesn't really do it for me unless it'd an E30 or M3 but I guess that won't happen.

as I said, hope I won't be needing all your kind advices but please jump in if you have any idea

Ricey- that could be an option, is the 2L model? Still a Jap, and could be plaing with it on look and bhp ( cant resist :bangin: )

It is indeed mate - Pumpe Duse unit. Its quick enough in standard guise (granted nothing on the Zed but still quick enough)........remap up to 170bph and you'll be shifting! (more torque after remap than an entry level Porsche Cayenne apparently).

i have a replacement in mind for the s2k, but i'm finances aren't as much an issue for me, but more about creating more space for others to travel in the car :lol: its still a stupid car choice so i'm happy :lol:

Stagea? :teeth::blush:

not a chance :yuck: i want a car, not a wardrobe on wheels :lol: pm me and i might drop a hint

Monaro? M5?...

You have to fold yourself in 2 to get into back of a Monaro!

What he wants is a VXR8.....prefably mine! :lol:

So you want to ged rid of your VXR8? Why?

Hit the big 3-0 recently, and me and the missus thinking of getting a house together now.

The big Aussie V8 just isnt justifiable anymore, when everything is taken into account.

I go back and forth with selling teh zed, not because of the cost (although is a small factor) but more so the fact that I dont get to drive it everyday now I have conpany car. I used to love driving to and from work!

Everytime I think it's time to sell there is a nice weekend and I get her all clean and shiny and go for a blast. I walk back in and Chell, the gf, always looks at me and says 'you will NEVER sell the zed when you keep smiling like that!"

She's got to be right sometime I guess!