Small rant!!

oliver789

I have mentioned this on here before but here goes.

Driving through Wales with the roof down on a very bice day. Three guys are looking under the bonnet of an Evo. Yhe owner ( I presuem) turned round when he heard my car and yelled "Bloody Hairdresser" and then turned back to his car.

One of his mates then tapped him on the shoulder and suggested he turned round again to see the 50 bloody hairdressers on the Wales run. :lol:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best way of deflating this type of comment is to ignore it, join in the joke, or take him down your favourite b road in it.

People who make these comments are the same brigade who tell you that they drove from Cornwall to Newcastle and back again overnight, then answered 300 emails at 3 oc in the morning and have arguments with other similar people as to who has the largest wedding equipment..... you can rise imperiously above it.

My main car is a 1992 Toyota Corolla 1.3 auto - I just let the comments go over my head as they all race past.

A guy at work with a big Merc said my Z was a gay car, in front of as many people as poss in the canteen....i said 'no, my cars a mans car, yours is an old mans car' he just sneered cos he couldn't think of anything to say to that.

By the way, its a womans car too!! :surrender: Just ask Kat. Just needed a quick put down for the nobjocky.

haha! As said just ignore him. I had quite the opposite comments in some ways from people at work, mines a hard top, and i got told to buy a propper car from somone who drives a saab 93 cab and someone who drives a audi A4 cab TDI.

i simply laughed and said mines faster and i'm not trying to find my youth in middle age to the saab owner and to the audi driver just said it's a soft top, with a deisel engine... REALLY?

it's all banter at the end of the day mate, i'm sure nothings meant buy it. if people say mines a hairdressers car it's usually by bald blokes that a a little jealous there wives wont let them have a 2 seater :p

they're all just winding you up, at the end of the day people who know cars, know it's a good'n.

It looked like a tyre kicking show what your engine looks like day. It can be a bit quiet in those Welsh villages. :lol:

Been to many of those days up here lol. Quite frankly, my engine is dirtier than a prozzies knickers. It's just the way it is. It's not how you stand by your car, it's how you drive your car. :lol:

I'm a girl and i own the 350z roadster! although i would definately not class it as a hairdressers car, my old mx5 on the other hand kinda was, hence i named it diago! :D

I had some old guy the other day telling me that i should invest my money more wisely and buy a proper 2 seater sports car.............. wait for it .......... like a MGF!!!!!!

i have previously owned one of these toy cars and thats all that they are, the rattle to bits and bits fall off them but it was great fun to drive, the zed on the other hand is in a completely different ball park. I'm pretty sure the guy didn't know what a zed was when he asked me what engine it was. His eyes fell out of their sockets when i said it was a 3.5 276bhp monster lol, then i did the girly thing and flicked my hair, turned around and walked away in my killer heels :lol:

just cos i'm blonde and big breasted doesn't mean i cant drive!

just cos i'm blonde and big breasted doesn't mean i cant drive!

:worthless:

+1!

MGF's are known for blowing up, god bless rover's K series engine :)

OMG - I'm too old for all this excitement....I think I'd better get back to my fence painting.

HAHA knew that would get you guys going. Why do you think my husband married me as soon as he could? ;)

Your personality??? :lol:

Edit: get your hubby on here so all of us can have a chat. We can't just take your word for it, ESP without pics lmao

Actually i think it was the fact that i was a civil engineer (same industry as him) and that i knew who pendulum were and had been to see them live a few times!

lol believe me, i win at titty top trumps every time. I'm dreading them growing any bigger now that i'm pregnant!

(lol believe me, i win at titty top trumps every time. I'm dreading them growing any bigger now that i'm pregnant!
)

At the moment this is just a theory.......WE REQUIRE IMPIRICAL PROOF!!!! :lol:

Hahaha my wifey could maybe compete! She's pretty impressive with that game also haha.

I can see this in the green room too.

At the end of the day we require full specs and photographic proof to play top trumps. :lol:

...BMW, and all the Kudos that goes with the badge.

eh?

Anyway, you'll soon get used one of several lines of banter from those who betray their own ignorance of cars...

1. It's a hairdressers car

2. Poor man's TT (my personal favourite)

2. It's a Datsun

Just smile and say "yeah". At the end of the day - he wouldn't bother with the banter if he wasn't impressed by it...

:thumbs:

Lol ...Datsun is the one i get the most, it dont bother me, Datsun is its Heritage!

Yeah, Caroline gets a lot of snide comments too but it doesn't bother her in the least. I don't know what the other lady Zed drivers find but Caroline says that men, especially middle aged men are absolutely desperate to overtake her in the most crazy of places :shrug: .

Pete

Another favourite of mine was being sat at traffic lights when a bright yellow kitted corsa cruised up next to me with a big sticker on the side saying NOT JAP CRAP.

He then started revving his engine. :lol:

Just crap.

Another favourite of mine was being sat at traffic lights when a bright yellow kitted corsa cruised up next to me with a big sticker on the side saying NOT JAP CRAP.

He then started revving his engine. :lol:

:lol: Bless him....

I've had a VXR Corsa try to 'race me', bloke was driving like a muppet overtaking busses on bends & such. After I got round the bus, I stayed with him as he tried to accelerate away. I only went to 60, he carried on until he saw I wasn't following so he slowed right down for me to overtake. I'm not really into the whole street race thing & I'm cringing slightly typing this, but I took the bait & overtook, pulled away & couldn't actually see him anymore when I was going.....um.....an undisclosed speed... ;)

I know the Z's not a super car & there's plenty out there that's faster but a corsa?!? C'MAAAHNNNN! :lol: