Sidelight bulbs, what have you uprated to?

shire350Z

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I bought a set of LED bulbs off eBay and they lasted maybe 1-2 months. As crap as the OEM sidelight bulbs look, you can't fault them. I'd really like to get myself some new LED sidelights, but the issue is that they are such a pain to replace if/when they go wrong. I had to get my garage to fit them last time because I am utterly useless when it comes to getting access to them.

I bought a set of LED bulbs off eBay and they lasted maybe 1-2 months. As crap as the OEM sidelight bulbs look, you can't fault them. I'd really like to get myself some new LED sidelights, but the issue is that they are such a pain to replace if/when they go wrong. I had to get my garage to fit them last time because I am utterly useless when it comes to getting access to them.

You get what you pay for I'm afraid! :dry:

See my post above #24 for the links to good quality led bulbs that should last much longer. Mine are over 2 years old and still going strong. :D

If you PM a mod you can get a discount code for the website. ;)

• Like 1

These seem quite good, but as I find it to be an absolute pain in the backside to change the bulbs I doubt I will do it (even though they look great!

It is a pain but not too bad. Where are you located? Maybe someone local can give you a hand.

These seem quite good, but as I find it to be an absolute pain in the backside to change the bulbs I doubt I will do it (even though they look great!

It is a pain but not too bad. Where are you located? Maybe someone local can give you a hand.

I am located in Luxembourg... would be nice if someone was local, but I'm thinking doubtful! haha

• 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Like many, ive been trying to find a reliable pair of led's for my sidelights. I checked the link that Sam kindly posted but these are now discontinued.

...was chatting to a guy at work that makes led's and he said go for the more expensive options as the cheaper ones always fail...which is personally what i have found although ive noticed that some of you have been luckier i think!!...so i thought id try out these and see what happens!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-350z-02-on-LED-Side-Light-SUPER-BRIGHT-Bulbs-3w-Osram-W5W-501-T10-/131801559418?hash=item1eaffc317a:g:fIsAAOSwud1W~7me

I got a cheap set from Halfrauds purely to see if I preferred the white colour to the old school orange filament colour. The idea was that if I liked them I would keep them in until they fail and then buy some pucker more expensive ones from a well known supplier. Had them on for the 3 months Ive had the car and they are still going strong.

• Like 1

Are these the right bulbs to replace OEM sidelights?

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/501-Twenty20-LED-12V-W5W-Canbus-Wedge-Bulbs.html?nosto=productpage-also-bought

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The only thing I will say about those particular ones is that the board style where the contacts are dont always fit perfectly in the factory holder. I fitted one of this style in the boot light and found it was very loose. It hasnt fallen out yet but may be a different story in the headlights as if it falls out it will then be stuck inside the headlight housing.

Those particular ones might be thicker and you may npt have that issue but just going off my experience.

• Like 2

Are these the right bulbs to replace OEM sidelights?

http://www.autobulbs...age-also-bought

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The only thing I will say about those particular ones is that the board style where the contacts are dont always fit perfectly in the factory holder. I fitted one of this style in the boot light and found it was very loose. It hasnt fallen out yet but may be a different story in the headlights as if it falls out it will then be stuck inside the headlight housing.

Those particular ones might be thicker and you may npt have that issue but just going off my experience.

I agree, thought about these but can see a problem waiting to happen!! Edited by zippypooz