Sidelight bulbs, what have you uprated to?

shire350Z

One of my sidelights has pretty much gone and the other is starting to flicker. I've just read through the guide on how to replace them and am currently sat by my car crying. I don't suppose a knowledgable person in the Reading area fancies popping round and replacing a couple of light bulbs? There's a cup of tea and a cake in it!

Also, is this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131801559418 the best option to go with? I can't tell if they are the ones I currently have (look similar-ish)......

2004 350z GT

• Like 2

These leds are the same as ive just ordered, thought id give them a go too. Theres no easy way to replace the bulbs, either bumper removal or wheel arch liner removal...obviously remove the rim first!...the 2nd option being less stressful!!

Yep, ordered mine now as well :) Got a headlight gone as well now so good (or bad) timing to get them all replaced in one hit! Have been assured by my mechanic guru that wheel arch liner is the best & quickest route in.

• Like 1

These leds are the same as ive just ordered, thought id give them a go too. Theres no easy way to replace the bulbs, either bumper removal or wheel arch liner removal...obviously remove the rim first!...the 2nd option being less stressful!!

Yep, ordered mine now as well :) Got a headlight gone as well now so good (or bad) timing to get them all replaced in one hit! Have been assured by my mechanic guru that wheel arch liner is the best & quickest route in.

theyre pretty small but the fitment is correct

You can change all the lights through the wheel arch. All I have done is jack the car up until the wheel is off the floor to give me room. Ideally you could remove the wheel to give you a little more space to position your arms etc and make it more easily accessible.

The only bulb I have found that you cannot change via the wheel arch is the indicator bulb but this is only if you are uprating to LED bulb. This is because they are slightly longer than the regular filament bulb and with the bulb in the holder there is not enough space to maneuver it into the hole. I had to remove the front bumper and loosen the headlight mounting bolts to allow me to move the headlight unit forward to gain enough space.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...