Another new zed owner in Surrey

Tone

Hi all,

I just picked up my sunset orange (the best colour!!) 350z this weekend and of course, absolutely loving it! Felt it was time to move from the Smart Roadster (an amazing drive by the way) and back into something a little more 'mature'.

Looked at a few options leading up to my purchase and for a long time hand my eye on the s2000, however, the brute force and comforts inside my GT swung it for me in the end. The s2000 is a great little car but was willing to forgo the convertible and handling for the Z. Also looked at a Boxster S (lovely to drive but the ones I just didn't feel the love from the ones I drove, also pricier on upkeep!) and a VX220 (absolutely no luxury, nightmare to get in and out of, uncomfortable to drive and to be honest a bit of a disappointment when it came to driving).

Should be booked in later this week with Abbey Motorsport who are just down the road to get a proper overhaul and remap and then I might get back to having a tussle with the audio! Spent a few hours taking the Bose unit out only to realise the facia a local shop had sold me was a 2006+ version and the wiring kit didn't power the unit... Will be paying them a visit later this week!

Anyways, you lot have already provided me with a wealth of information and I hope I can contribute in the future and even get to meet up someday.

:welcome: fellow Surrey person. I went through a similar thought process to you with a similar set of cars (albeit my last was an Elise) .......and ended up with a 350z roadster...which continues to grow on me. At present there is nothing I don't like and plenty I do.

Thanks for all the welcomes.

A few days in now and absolutely loving the z. Just need to work out the power issue with the audio (from what I have been reading it's the earth).

I'll try and head to a meet in the area!