help z won't start

Arkwright

I have not used my 350 for a while and now it will not start. I am assuming the battery is flat. Have connected it up to jump start it as per the manual but nothing happens. I have no electrics at all. If I press the unlock button on the key fob the indicators flash twice. If I press the lock button nothing happens. No lights, no horn or anything. Any suggestions please?

Yes I have very meaty cables and a massive battery on my van. Just no sign of life at all!

I have now taken the battery out (what a poxy job) and put it on charge. It was really flat and I'll leave it on trickle overnight and try again tomorrow. The terminals are not corroded but I'll clean them and the clamps up tomorrow in case there's a poor connexion.

Yes I'm thinking that plus it won't have been helped by the extremely cold weather we've had coupled with lack of use. My main concern was if there was some sort of cut out I don't know about or if the cars imobiliser was set when the battery went flat would it somehow prevent starting from the jump.

Sorry this wont help you get it started this time but in future I would recommend an Optimate. See http://www.optimate.co.uk/

I use this for the wife's Figaro when we take it off the road over winter. It conditions the battery and you can fit trailing leads so that all you have to do is plug it in - no need to remove or even disconnect the battery. It will even charge from flat so if all else fails you could buy one now. If your battery is knackered it will also tell you.

Cheers

John

Sorry this wont help you get it started this time but in future I would recommend an Optimate. See http://www.optimate.co.uk/

I use this for the wife's Figaro when we take it off the road over winter. It conditions the battery and you can fit trailing leads so that all you have to do is plug it in - no need to remove or even disconnect the battery. It will even charge from flat so if all else fails you could buy one now. If your battery is knackered it will also tell you.

Cheers

John

nice product - but that has got to be one of the worst websites I've seen for a long time !! :scare:

yes all is now obvious in good daylight. The fuse which has blown sits in a clear plastic case beside the positive terminal. This is rated at 120A. (It looks like the clear case can be prized off but it doesn't want to come). It then leads to 2 further positive terminals below which are 4 further fuses which are intact.

It looks to me that this construction is all one piece. Do I need to buy the whole lot or can the fuse be replaced?