Admiral Multicar... too good to be true?

marzman

Hi All,

Im just getting some quotes for the modified zed im buying next weekend, and with all mods listed, im getting a ridiculously good price!!

With my previous zed, the cheapest quote i could get for this year was £1200, with no mods.

With Admiral multicar, i've just got a quote for another zed with Alloy wheels, bodykit, exhaust, interior changes, uprated brakes, air filter mods and regular business use, and its only £735!!! That's insane.

I've also added a second car for my missus to drive (she's only on a provisional license, currently learning) with me as a second driver using it for occasional business use, and they only want £525 for that one... so £1260 fr the 2 cars!! Thats incredible.

The only minor concern i have at the moment is after filling in the list of mods for mine, it said the value of the mods is not covered, and the car is just covered to return it back to standard should i have an accident. Is this normal?

Anyone else got any experience with Admiral??

The Admiral Group have dropped their premiums this year by a substantial margin to get more trade, hence the reason they're substantially cheaper than everyone else. Mine's only £930, and that includes putting Jo (who's just 22!) on their as a named driver as well.

I've got a multipolicy for an Infinifi FX35 and a 2006 350 Z GT. Admiral wanted £875 for the Infiniti by itself.

With the multi car policy it went down to £575 and when I renew my insurance on my Z it will only be £291 (Currently 680 for the year)

No idea how they calculate the prices, but I'm fairly happy with them :) To be fair, I'm fairly wrinkly now (49) I've only got the one SP30 and zero no claims bonus. :teeth:

Was with them for 2 years and very good.

Be careful as they dont cover the mods like for like and will only replace original equipment.

Can anyone clarify what this means please?

If someone nicks my wheels, will Admiral only pay for some standard rims to go back on? If someone nicks my zed, will Admirla only give me the value of a zed without a full, factory fitted nismo kit?

...slightly concerning... :dry:

Was with them for 2 years and very good.

Be careful as they dont cover the mods like for like and will only replace original equipment.

Can anyone clarify what this means please?

If someone nicks my wheels, will Admiral only pay for some standard rims to go back on? If someone nicks my zed, will Admirla only give me the value of a zed without a full, factory fitted nismo kit?

...slightly concerning... :dry:

It means if you have anything that was not put on at the factory, they won't replace it like for like.

Basically don't go there if you've got loads of mods or can't afford to replace them yourself should the worst happen. Unless you feel the money saved over another insurance company is worth the gamble, of course.

Cheers all. I posted my question but people had already answered it before i finished writing...

Dan - i think it is worth the gamble... im very happy with the insurance price... :thumbs:

As my existing insurer wouldn't cover my 370 after I fitted the Stillen exhaust I've switched to Admiral, the premium was nearly the same as my previous insurer and I had the option of payig an extra £15.70 to cover the new exhaust on a like for like repacement

As my existing insurer wouldn't cover my 370 after I fitted the Stillen exhaust I've switched to Admiral, the premium was nearly the same as my previous insurer and I had the option of payig an extra £15.70 to cover the new exhaust on a like for like repacement

Hmm very interesting... i assume you had to speak to someone to do that, rather than do it online?

I've signed up with them for our 3(!) cars. The Punto is the only one on the policy at the moment, but the Zed will be added in July and the panda in june. I did declare the Zeds "mods" ie the Nismo kit and exhaust and it was still under £500 for that alone, so i was happy.

You know when you take the p**s out of us old f***s this is pay day, I get my car insured for £320 from Admiral, guess whose smiling now? :)

less than £500.00 for the DB9 for me and only £140.00 each for the two little cars :thumbs:

You know when you take the p**s out of us old f***s this is pay day, I get my car insured for £320 from Admiral, guess whose smiling now? :)

...yes but £320 a year out of your pension is probably a fairly big chunk of money... ;)

:lol:

less than £500.00 for the DB9 for me and only £140.00 each for the two little cars :thumbs:

£320 for mine £110 for the wifes, £50 excess, fully comp. :p

Okay, it was almost too good to be true, but im still happy.

I spoke to them today for about 45mins on the phone - they were very helpful and provided an excellent service.

Everything mentioned in the thread so far proved correct, however the one thing that nearly ruined it all - they wanted to charge me an extra £700(!) to pay by monthly installments!! Unreal!

However, as i havent yet got the second car (which will form part of the admiral 'multicar' offer), they have allowed me to get the multicar discount today, even though i might not buy the second car for another few months! That's impressive!

So the only downside is that i've got to pay my premium of £735 upfront, but i can live with that. :)