jperformance.co.uk - cowboys

From A to Zed

Hi all,

I am not one to complain, more the type of person who will take my business elsewhere and move on. However, on this occasion I have stumbled across a right bunch cowboys so I thought I should share my experience with my fellow members.

The bottom line is, do not buy anything from this company;

http://www.jperformance.co.uk/

Upon scraping a low kerb to make room for an emergency response vehicle Last September I was desperate for a new Y pipe to get through my MOT as it was damaged. Unfortunately there was a major shortage of Y pipes around at the time so I opted to install my original cats and buy a cheapo Y pipe as speed was of the essence.

Jperformance advertised Y pipes as ‘in stock’ on their website and promised a 24 hour turnaround. Foolishly I ordered on-line using my debit card without carrying out any further due diligence on the company. The website seemed professional enough so no problem right… How naive am I?

After a week, and then another week of waiting I had heard nothing and my car was now off the road as the MOT ticket had expired. When I visited the ‘contact us’ section of Jperformance’s website it become apparent that things were looking a little ‘odd’ as they did not quote a telephone number, address or even a VAT or company number. The only option available is to use their own ‘on screen messaging portal’ which apparently sends them a communication. I sent four very polite and courteous emails but never heard back from them, not a word. On each occasion their website confirmed that my message has been sent successfully. Obviously you have record of this. Before anyone asks, yes I did check my junk email folder and I have used the same hotmail address for over ten years with no such problems to date.

18 days after submitting my order I received the following email from Jperformance:

> Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 08:46:19 +0100

> Subject: Re: Enquiry from JPerformance

> From: sales@jperformance.co.uk

> To: matt_XXXXXXXXX@hotmail.com

>

> Hi Matthew

>

> I have sent you an email last week from our accounts address; accounts@jp...

>

> as i couldnt open the last email you sent, it went to the spam box.

>

> did you get this email?

>

> yours

> Zara

Odd that my message sent through their web portal (not from my email) should be sent to their spam box… I followed up with another polite email and used their portal again but I never heard from them since. After five months I think it’s safe to assume that they have stolen my money.

Aside from referencing their website my Google and Yahoo searches have proved fruitless in attempting to contact Jperformance. I have found similar issues reported on the Lancer forum so be warned. I am not particularly savvy (or indeed street-smart) when it comes to tracking people or firms down so I have given up. I have traded with Abbey Motorsport and Sarah at Chilli Red since and both transactions (as always) have been a pleasure. Please take note and stick with our tried, tested and trusted traders.

Best regards,

Matt

Mods - I have not posted a 'moan' before so I apologise if this is in the wrong section or not appropriate.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the warning.

I remember seeing JPerformance stuff on the Civic forums but just looking browsing and searching back on the forums there doesn't seem to be much about them since a couple of years ago. I know people did talk about getting decats for the EP2 from them.

Site and logo seem to have changed from what I remember it being though. Logo used to look like this:

www.jperformance.co.uk/Other/hondatuninglist.pdf

Thanks Chris, I have tried using those email addresses in the past and despite my read receipts coming back as confirmed I have never back. I am possibly too polite for my own good or these guys really have their heads in the sand!

I will drop them a final note today threatening to chase payment via the small claims court.

Oh and Dan thanks for the telephone number. I have seen that tread but the number bounces to voicemail and you can probably guess what happens… Radio silence. Nice wheels by the way :-)

Matt

I've found the following so far. I also have access to credit checking facilities, so I will be undertaking more searches for you. I'll find something!!

Domain name:

jperformance.co.uk

Registrant:

C Kelly

Registrant type:

UK Individual

Registrant's address:

The registrant is a non-trading individual who has opted to have their

address omitted from the WHOIS service.

Registrar:

Fasthosts Internet Ltd [Tag = LIVEDOMAINS]

URL: http://www.fasthosts.co.uk

Relevant dates:

Registered on: 06-Nov-2006

Renewal date: 06-Nov-2012

Last updated: 02-Dec-2010

Registration status:

Registered until renewal date.

Name servers:

ns1.terrassl.net

ns2.terrassl.net

Well, I am struggling to find the business, although I have found some forum activity.

www.reallymeansounds.com (RMS)

Here's something about his activity on RMS

Total Posts: 113

Posts Per Day: 0.08

Find all posts by JPerformance

Find all threads started by JPerformance

Visitor Messages

Total Messages: 0

Most Recent Message: Never

Visitor Messages for JPerformance

Post a visitor message for JPerformance

General Information

Last Activity: 03 February 2011 16:42 Joined: 27 April 2007

Referrals: 0

Something that made me laugh whilst searching:

JPerformance - Friends

JPerformance has not made any friends yet

Wasso you joined up too! Thanks so much for your help today.

Matt :)

No worries, it's kinda my day job. I'm a credit manager at work so need to investigate certain people that "disappear" I could possibly obtain a trace on the fella, but seeing there activity around him that may not be required. The company name is not listed at the Irish Companies house, neither is he a director of any other businesses. I just wish you good luck, especially if you wish to take action via a small claims court which will be costly due to his business being in Ireland.

Glad to help though. That's what this forum is all about.

No worries, it's kinda my day job. I'm a credit manager at work so need to investigate certain people that "disappear" .

Nothing gives me quite as much satisfaction as tearing a customers life apart and unfurling all the fibs.........handy crossover skills for chasing down any cretin who's stupid enough to put too much info on the net about themselves too :ninja:

Fair point Ricey but this chap is defrauding his customers, and by what I've been reading there's a large number of people on the web who've been stitched up.

It's quite costly to take legal action between UK and Irish soil. You would be required to obtain a Irish solicitor, using Irish courts and if needed visits to Ireland.

It's a really sticky situation as there's no address or company registration, so to retrieve any monies owed could be very difficult. Charlie Kelly knows what he is doing, but strangely enough he wants his business to succeed as he's been trading over 5 years.