Fuming!!! **Update**

UNABASHED

Finally got my new wheels on over the weekend, took me an absolute age to decide what to get and have been looking at them in the spare room for past 3 weeks!

Got them on at local tyre place all looking shiny and perfect, get home and I have a punctured tyre! :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Im not sure if i ran over something on way home or if the tyre people did it but it sounds like the air is escaping from around the lip - checked and cannot fin d any holes or nails etc so might even be under the lip. Issue i think i will have is that when i take it down to the tyre place will they accept responsability, especially as i paid cash with no receipt.

P155ed off right now.

Finally got my new wheels on over the weekend, took me an absolute age to decide what to get and have been looking at them in the spare room for past 3 weeks!

Got them on at local tyre place all looking shiny and perfect, get home and I have a punctured tyre! :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Im not sure if i ran over something on way home or if the tyre people did it but it sounds like the air is escaping from around the lip - checked and cannot fin d any holes or nails etc so might even be under the lip. Issue i think i will have is that when i take it down to the tyre place will they accept responsability, especially as i paid cash with no receipt.

P155ed off right now.

Should've gone to Specsavers ...... or TADDY .......or me

but seriously ..... bad news ..... sorry to hear :surrender:

they will fix it and might not even charge you. it probably might need bead sealer around the rim if its not punctured. it could even be the valve. if you blow it up in the morn will it get you to the garage before going down again? i can imagine your anger as when i had mine fitted, i ripped the front n/s alloy on the kerb before i even got back on my drive. best of luck bud. :console:

Unless they can find anything damaged on the tyre it sound like they have to replace it.

hmm i hope so, when i get enough air into tonmorrow to drive it over to them (only 2 streets away) then I'll be making sure Im with them as they check so no 'damage' mysteriously shows up!

Gutting to not be able to drive around and show of my new shiny shoes :thumbdown:

they will fix it and might not even charge you. it probably might need bead sealer around the rim if its not punctured. it could even be the valve. if you blow it up in the morn will it get you to the garage before going down again? i can imagine your anger as when i had mine fitted, i ripped the front n/s alloy on the kerb before i even got back on my drive. best of luck bud. :console:

I hope your right!

could be worse mate I took my Zed out of winter storage on Friday and the first trip I went to my local tyre garage for a quote of 4 tyres while parked opposite the garage a fella delivering tyres drops some off does a 3 point turn and scrapes my front bumper :rant::rant::rant: gets out had a look and told my daughter who was sitting in the car there was no damage and drove off by this time a fitter came running into the office and tells me a bloody great Mecedes Sprinter has just hit my car I thought he was kidding (but he weren't) anyway I have managed with the help of the tyre garage to get all the details of the little shxt and the company he works for and there insurance is paying for the repair.

could be worse mate I took my Zed out of winter storage on Friday and the first trip I went to my local tyre garage for a quote of 4 tyres while parked opposite the garage a fella delivering tyres drops some off does a 3 point turn and scrapes my front bumper :rant::rant::rant: gets out had a look and told my daughter who was sitting in the car there was no damage and drove off by this time a fitter came running into the office and tells me a bloody great Mecedes Sprinter has just hit my car I thought he was kidding (but he weren't) anyway I have managed with the help of the tyre garage to get all the details of the little shxt and the company he works for and there insurance is paying for the repair.

dirty scumbag for driving off.

Report him for driving off, that's leaving the scene of an accident and carries a stiff penalty.

It sounds to me like the bead hasn't sealed. Something that they'll fix without issue. I've had the same thing happen to me. It's not a big deal and nothing to get downhearted about.

Took the car back to garage today after pumping in nice and pull and getting there as quick as possible before it went down again!

The chaos were very nice and took it in straighty away. Once the wheel was off he rolled it over to me and there was a chunk of glass embedded in the middle of the tread. Crap!

He took it to the sink thingymabob to make sure and after 5-10mins came back saying that there was no hole and the glass was actually only just in the first outside bit of tread and not a problem. After a bit more checking he looked up a little sheepish and told me he knew what the issue was. I went to look and he showed me that there was a small peice of cardboard inside the lip which he has used to protect the outside rim when putting the tyres on. The cardboard was creating a break in the seal and allowed air to escape - doh!

The chap could not have been nicer about it and appologised for the inconvenience. So all in all a happy outcome and I could have a little drive around town to show my new shoes to everyone :teeth:

Result :thumbs: Glad you got it resolved successfully.

Took the car back to garage today after pumping in nice and pull and getting there as quick as possible before it went down again!

The chaos were very nice and took it in straighty away. Once the wheel was off he rolled it over to me and there was a chunk of glass embedded in the middle of the tread. Crap!

He took it to the sink thingymabob to make sure and after 5-10mins came back saying that there was no hole and the glass was actually only just in the first outside bit of tread and not a problem. After a bit more checking he looked up a little sheepish and told me he knew what the issue was. I went to look and he showed me that there was a small peice of cardboard inside the lip which he has used to protect the outside rim when putting the tyres on. The cardboard was creating a break in the seal and allowed air to escape - doh!

The chap could not have been nicer about it and appologised for the inconvenience. So all in all a happy outcome and I could have a little drive around town to show my new shoes to everyone :teeth: