Daily Users

Peter10

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Longest trip was 2,500 miles round Europe, although not one one go of course :teeth:

Now that sounds like fun. Went solo?

It was a 10 day trip, and truly amazing to take the Zed abroad. Open roads and plenty of Autobahn's. We made sure there was a visit (3 days) at the Nurburgring.

You can read more here viewtopic.php?f=34&t=40837&hilit=+Europe

its my daily driver, i do 4 on 4 off at work. 200 mile, about 9000 a year with work alone. 1st year with the Z, dont want to add how much it gunna cost!

do agree with people about 'the weekend toy'. so many people talk about increasing economy on their Z's and 99% of responces is 'you dont buy a Z for economy' lol

Using mine as my daily driver. Might have to get a little 125 scoot tho for the summer :blush: commuted all last summer on my 848 duc but she had to go and I know I'll miss two wheels come the summer.

I need one of those in my life, why'd you get shut?

I found that most of my miles were stuck behind some TW@T on the A1 at 70 mph and the miles were flying on as I'm based about 80 miles away. Naff Pug diesel has sorted that issue and now I'm the TW@T, haha!

Using mine as my daily driver. Might have to get a little 125 scoot tho for the summer :blush: commuted all last summer on my 848 duc but she had to go and I know I'll miss two wheels come the summer.

I found that most of my miles were stuck behind some TW@T on the A1 at 70 mph and the miles were flying on as I'm based about 80 miles away. Naff Pug diesel has sorted that issue and now I'm the TW@T, haha!

That's exactly why I got rid found that the amount of t*ssers on the road were ruining what used to be my hobby, I'd get to work stressed out of my mind after dodging about fifty old duffers that were trying to kill me :lol: And when I tried to justify having a bike for my days off I just couldn't convince myself, £1000 insurance, running costs....... So bought a nice zed instead. Don't get me wrong though it was a cracking bike but I think in 2 years or so I might go for an Beemer S1000RR, test rode one last year and my god it was good. What were you riding?

Did love it on a quiet day though, no car will compare to the acceleration of a bike.

Some good deals on the 2nd scoots atm as well. 100mpg+ :thumbs: unsure if I'd feel like a complete plum on one though :lol:

I do 60 miles a day in mine,and i often work a day at the weekends. Sod it,its an amazing car,and i dont care that it costs me nearly a £100 a week to fill up. Not got kids yet,just a mortgage,and while i can,il still run it. If i had to get a weekend toy,itd be a Caterham or Westfield,not a 350z.

That's exactly why I got rid found that the amount of t*ssers on the road were ruining what used to be my hobby, I'd get to work stressed out of my mind after dodging about fifty old duffers that were trying to kill me :lol: And when I tried to justify having a bike for my days off I just couldn't convince myself, £1000 insurance, running costs....... So bought a nice zed instead. Don't get me wrong though it was a cracking bike but I think in 2 years or so I might go for an Beemer S1000RR, test rode one last year and my god it was good. What were you riding?

Did love it on a quiet day though, no car will compare to the acceleration of a bike.

Some good deals on the 2nd scoots atm as well. 100mpg+ :thumbs: unsure if I'd feel like a complete plum on one though :lol:

I'm still on my 2005 R6, but tax and insurance only comes to £190 a year, so it's still quite easy to justify! Like the dukes, but they're a bit small for me. Need a V twin though as I'm very lazy with the gears and the R6 needs to live near the red line to move.

Why don't you get a CG250/125 or something, good mileage, but not as gay as a scooter and won't handle like a turd.

I'm still on my 2005 R6, but tax and insurance only comes to £190 a year, so it's still quite easy to justify! Like the dukes, but they're a bit small for me. Need a V twin though as I'm very lazy with the gears and the R6 needs to live near the red line to move.

Why don't you get a CG250/125 or something, good mileage, but not as gay as a scooter and won't handle like a turd.

£190 is great can only dream of that mate.

I bet, r6 is a track bullet but need to rag em to get the power don't you. V-twins are perfect a mate has got a KTM RC8 and it's fantastic pulls in all gears. Yea I fancy maybe a 125 road legal crosser at least it will be full size ish then.

Ours is the mrs Daily driver and occasionally my weekend car. Her commute is only 16 miles round trip and thats only 13 shifts a month.

Wish I could afford to replace my sprint scoob as well as have the zed though as will miss sprinting and track days this year and the zed aint going near a track except to look pretty. :D

• 2 weeks later...

My Z is my daily car. the last few weeks i have been on a course and the drive there is on a rather exciting road.... fuel bills :surrender:

However, i do find myself laughing all the way so that more than makes up for it. back at work now which is a 6 min blast from home to collect my van so i will be able to afford heating again :cold:

i did consider getting myself a little old shed car to use but i quickly wrote this idea off as i know that i will never use it with my zed parked there.

Anyway, V6 howling with windows down is the best way to wake myself up in the morning, and i can set off a min or so later... Zed everytime.

the only problem is that considering we are only a small company, there are 3 of use at work with silly cars. me, one with a 2.7 boxter, and another with a Z4 M Coupe. needless to say that when we all are at HQ at the same time, we try to stagger them around the car park a bit when the big bosses of our customers come in. don't want to look like we charge them too much :doh: