My dilemma- help...

LRF4N

Right guys Iv been trying to work out the best solution for a while and my brains doing overtime now without getting anywhere lol

Were looking to get a mortgage sorted soon and are planning to view a couple of places. If we weren't buying a house I woulda sold the zed by now and started a new project but that's been put in hold for a year or so. Had also thought about trading in rizwanas yaris in for an a3 but again put that on hold til maybe the end of the year.

Right. Here's my problem. Cos I have a long ish journey to work and back the miles are adding up and I don't wanna lose too much value on the zed and don't wanna be in a position I can't sell it at all- happened with my last car, ended up taking months to sell cos of the mileage and I took a big hit on it. U guys know how much I love my zed and how much efforts gone into it so in a way I'm happy I'm not definitely selling yet it's sitting at 86k miles so I might have to...

Here's my options

1. Keep it as my daily runner for the next year, enjoy it and take the hit when I sell it

2. Sell it now, buy an temporary car and buy the merc next year

3. Garage it during the week, buy a cheaper a3 then sell the yaris when I get the merc

4. Garage it during the week, trade the yaris in for a cheaper a3 as my daily and have to get up earlier to drop Rizwana to the train station

Confusing I know, that's why I need ur help lol

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends if the 'hit' you'll take for the higher mileage if you keep using it (option 1) is too much for you to take.

Personally, i'd sell up now. You need the money for a house which is more important than any car.

Your car is at 86k now as it is, once you get over 100k, your gonna struggle to sell it for anything other than rock bottom. For example, i've seen relatively low mileage (40k-50k etc) UK GT zed's for £7-8k or so. I wouldn't pay anymore than about £6.5k for one with over 100k on it.......probably not even that much to be fair...

get yourself another yaris, it will go forever and get you back and forward to work reliabley. Dont sell the zed, if you do im on your roof spoiler :lol: ps meant to txt you back the other day i totally forgot, sorry mate. I'll txt you tomorrow about those tyres

No worries Neil no rush

Sarnie, that's wot I was thinking but I dunno if I can bring myself to sell it without going to a meet this year :lol: been saving for a while so can afford the zed and the house but dunno if a third car is a good idea and would need extra space so I'm not keen on option 3

Leaning towards 4 that's wot Rizwana says as well

Ps sarnie will be in touch within the next month to discuss mortgages

Oh and Neil the cost of the spoiler will go towards the mortgage as well so hope u got deep pockets :lol:

I say keep it if you can.

If on paper it's worth peanuts come time to get a merc, use said "peanut" as a track toy or THE GREATEST SHED ON THE ROAD when you are scared of parking your newer number 1 ride in supermarkets etc.

If you can afford it, you got the rest of your carreer to make money, but the years of youth fly past in a blink of an eye and you can't buy them back ;)

:lol: I like ur style headphones lol I don't think il have another car which will make 4 magazine appearances and reach the final of a competition so yea I do wanna enjoy it for a bit longer

The problem with selling is I have my heart set on the merc and because I don't do ordinary cars I have no idea which car I would get in between

Oh I dunno... Still thinking option 4 which would mean I don't have to look at a yaris again lol

I'm in a similar position, we sold the girlfriends 2009 Swift Sport for the house deposit, the 350Z just isnt needed and cost money i could be saving (its on a car loan) so looking to downgrade and buy the girlfriend a Civic Type S GT 2.2 CDTi with cheaper monthly payments and running costs.

I'll then be using my Mk1 MR2 Shed until we can afford to get me an Elise S2.

No worries Neil no rush

Sarnie, that's wot I was thinking but I dunno if I can bring myself to sell it without going to a meet this year :lol: been saving for a while so can afford the zed and the house but dunno if a third car is a good idea and would need extra space so I'm not keen on option 3

Leaning towards 4 that's wot Rizwana says as well

Ps sarnie will be in touch within the next month to discuss mortgages

Oh and Neil the cost of the spoiler will go towards the mortgage as well so hope u got deep pockets :lol:

Whenever your ready, drop me a PM :thumbs:

Ooops :blush: Well it is earlyish :lol:

If the future Mrs LRF4N agrees with number 4................................ :):surrender::thumbs::lol:

She's already mrs irfan lol

:lol: lol wedding was last April I take it u missed the thread with the photos lol

Been thinking today and I can't bring myself to sell it yet I'm too emotionally attached lol thinkin of option 4 cos if we buy the a3 as a 3rd car it's more tax mot and insurance to worry about not to mention extra space on the driveway so think it's option 4 and getting up earlier lol