i know the right and sensible answer but .........

hotrain69

insurance renewal time is coming up. now 25 with a couple of years ncb but prices still not coming down. as i say i know the sensible and correct answer but just thought i'd throw it out there.

i've got my parents as named drivers for the last couple years as this reduces the premium significantly. however, my mum only has an automatic license and my car is a manual. she will never ever drive because i wont let her and she doesnt want to anyway. in fact my dad doesnt drive it either.

it's so tempting to just put on the insurance details that she has a proper license as it saves another 100 quid. dont dare do it though!!!

im the same age and have 7 years ncb and ive got my dad and my 74 year old nan on mine and it brought it down by £600. go for it im sure they wouldnt do a check and if she never drives it then she wont be the driver making the claim so fingers crossed they wont find out

Now that you've mentioned it in an open forum, you must put the correct information on your application. Insurance companies / police have been known to trawl forums for evidence.

As you say, you already know the answer - you are not doing yourself any favours by being dishonest. Insurance never really comes down. It's a fact of life! It's a fallacy that when you reach 25 your insurance drops - at least that's been my experience.

Jim

The sensible answer is correct. Never declare something that is untrue as you don't want a situation where they will not pay out. Not worth it in the long run.

Especially where the pay out is not for car parts! Imagine is someone lost a limb or their life and you were not negligent. The financial liability would be more than you could ever bear!

Jim

I think it seems more galling because it feels like quite a quirky detail...........but when I you weigh it up its just the same as failing to declare an accident or points.

The whole bloody thing is a giant crock if you ask me. Statistics..........

myarse.gif

I think it seems more galling because it feels like quite a quirky detail...........but when I you weigh it up its just the same as failing to declare an accident or points.

The whole bloody thing is a giant crock if you ask me. Statistics..........

myarse.gif

absolutely! like i said, only having a moan!

I use bell.co.uk, you can buy 10 months insurance and they give you a years NCB, great way to build up your discount.

Great until you find that a lot of insurers do not recognise NCB earnt on 10 month policies..

Never needed to go to another insurer, the admiral group are always cheaper by MILES.

The Admiral group have dropped their premiums by a considerable amount recently, and I'm assuming that's because everyone has put theirs up so they'll take a loss on the first year on the gamble of repeat business by people too lazy to shop around. Pretty clever idea if you ask me, and it's certainly paying off as even I switched to them as of tomorrow because no-one else could get anywhere close to them on price.

Insurance never really comes down. It's a fact of life! It's a fallacy that when you reach 25 your insurance drops - at least that's been my experience.

Jim

I had my zed when i was 23/24.... and it cost me £2550 to insure. Then when i turned 25, it dropped down to £700. So 25 does still have an impact!

The Admiral group have dropped their premiums by a considerable amount recently, and I'm assuming that's because everyone has put theirs up so they'll take a loss on the first year on the gamble of repeat business by people too lazy to shop around. Pretty clever idea if you ask me, and it's certainly paying off as even I switched to them as of tomorrow because no-one else could get anywhere close to them on price.

That's what I'm thinking ......... I've got three cars with two drivers insured for less than £800.00 ..... bargain

Insurance never really comes down. It's a fact of life! It's a fallacy that when you reach 25 your insurance drops - at least that's been my experience.

Jim

I had my zed when i was 23/24.... and it cost me £2550 to insure. Then when i turned 25, it dropped down to £700. So 25 does still have an impact!

I can't say that's been, my experience. I've never paid much more than £400 for insurance but then I only had basic cars when I was younger.

Jim