Aussi Dollar

ATTAK Z

Tonight the Australian dollar has hit parity with the US Dollar ......... it was 2:1 with the pound just over a year ago, now it's up to 1.5:1 .... time to emigrate ?

and now the Zimbabwean dollar joins them

has the world gone crazy ?

PS

not advocating emigration to Zimbabwe :lol:

Oz is 45 iirc ;)

Yes, looked at it a few years ago. I was looking for retirement residency and I met all the requirements but in the end decided against it. My dad worked in Geelong for Shell for 12 months and loved it there. Said The Aussies are a bit noisy and he was surprised by how often it rained in fact Melbourne is actually wetter than London. Great place to visit but some Aussies will give Immigrant Brits a hard time.

Pete

You won the Ashes what more do you want??!! :) As for culture you sent all your criminals to colonise...

That cyclone is pretty scary. I'm watching te news now and it's about to hit land at high tide. Swells up to 12m and 300kmh gusts. Not fair for the Queenslanders - they're still recovering from the floods.

Have them in your thoughts/prayers today.

Fair play Australia has only been in the news for the horrendous weather, it looks savage. The girlfriends' parents were telling me about the time they went over there about 10 years ago and couldn't get over why all the cars looked like they'd been punched, turns out they had hail stones come down the week before between the size of golf balls and bigger.