UK 350Z Nismo edition

Matt.

Ok i am looking to buy a 350Z in particular im looking for a 350Z Nismo. however im not actually so sure now if they are sold in the UK. on websites like autotrader and pistonheads, some 350's for sale proclaim that it is a Nismo showing pictures of the car with the nismo rear wing, skirts, front wing, nismo 18inch RAYS allows etc.

according to wikipidia the 350Z nismo came out in 2007 in japan and the US however i have only come accross people claiming their 350Z to be a nismo at years below 2007.

another requirment is for the 350 to be the 313BHP model 2007+ but im yet to come across one with the nismo kit.

everytime i check out their ad and pictures i notice certain "standard" nismo parts are missing.

If anyone can shed some light on this for me it will be appriciated.

i don't believe they ever did a full nismo car; but the dealerships offer parts as extras' i.e you could get the body kit fitted etc

i think the only true nismos came from japan. so you'd be looking for a JDM or possibly a USDM

your best bet is possibly to buy a 313 and then add all the bits on that you want. although not all that has the nismo name on is strictly nismo. they did rebrand other manufacturers stuff for their own purposes. i believe the nismo CAI is a rebraded AEM unit on the pre facelifts.

wouldn't be suprised if other bits were as well

as said above was just extras from dealerships. if you do buy a standard one and try to put the nismo kit on you may find it hard to find a full genuine kit as they have stopped making them :thumbdown:

closest copy worth spending money on would probably be the Shine kit or i think it was called the aerosync. it had the flushed out badge and i think stew has it on his. i think it is a work of art and being (i think its ABS plastic, but might be FRP) not made of fibreglass like the original its far more durable.

answer are in the article

"But sadly it, and the suspension kit and sports seats are not available in the UK, this 350Z simply demonstrating what might be should Nismo be introduced into the UK market. Currently the only parts you’ll get at your Nissan dealer in the UK are the body kit and the wheels. The body kit isn’t cheap at £2495 fitted, and if you’re thinking you might wait and get it fitted later you can’t, as it’s only currently available factory fitted on new cars. Those 19-inch wheels cost £2075 too, adding significantly to the £27,000 list price of the ‘must have’ GT pack specified 350Z. "

You can source the kit, and the exhaust, wheels are also available. you could find an aftermarket suspension and damper kit (who would know the difference) might not be able to get nismo seats but you could find some very similair recaros. gear knobs are available as are the induction kits and you could stick as many nism o stickers on it as you like.

but that little lot will set you back a bit; don't think you;d get much change from 5.5k

looks like ima have to w8 untill a nice 2007 313bhp comes up for sale with nice skirts n wings and nismo badges :p preferably Black

whats your thoughts on colours guys. Black, Silver, Orange, blue, red, gun metal grey, azure blue.

oh and isnt it stange that the models up to 2005 which have 280 BHP are 0-60 in 5.9seconds (claimed), they make the 2006 one with 300BHP and it gains only 0.1 of a second 0-60 for 20hp more where as the 2007 model has a further 313hp but gaining 0.3 of a second 0-60 for only 13 more hp making it 5.5 seconds 0-60 (claimed).

Your thoughts please..

oh and one more thing, if i had to get a 2006 model with 300hp instead of a 2007+ one with 313hp because i couldnt find one with the kit on, how much would it cost and what to bring it up arround 313bhp or more preferably for little cost.?

I know where there is a very nice factory uk 350z Nismo kitted car for sale if you are interested. Its off the market at the moment but I am happy to ask if you want. :)

Thank you but i have to w8 approx 5-6months before i can buy one im only 20 and insurence is through the roof atm but when i turn 21 in the next few months il be able to insure it for a reasonable price. but yeh im looking for a Black, 2007 313bph (nismo kit) or Areo) with arround 30-40k milage...

i wouldn't worry about the BHP numbers the only real difference between the cars are the slight exterior and interior tweeks. 0.4 of a second in a straight line counts for sweet FA. and depending on how you drive someone in a prefacelift could still be quicker than someone in a 313. the numbers are only good for pub bragging. my advice is find the best quality one you can.

also the prefacelift is cheaper to buy, cheaper to tax and would leave you more money for your hefty insurance. i cant understand anyone paying over a grand for insurance but if you have the capital for it then knock yourself out.

be aware that if you buy a nismo one it will be classed as modded and push your insurance even higher.

with the way petrol prices are going i'd be looking at funding a Zed in the most economical way as possible.

looks like ima have to w8 untill a nice 2007 313bhp comes up for sale with nice skirts n wings and nismo badges :p preferably Black

whats your thoughts on colours guys. Black, Silver, Orange, blue, red, gun metal grey, azure blue.

oh and isnt it stange that the models up to 2005 which have 280 BHP are 0-60 in 5.9seconds (claimed), they make the 2006 one with 300BHP and it gains only 0.1 of a second 0-60 for 20hp more where as the 2007 model has a further 313hp but gaining 0.3 of a second 0-60 for only 13 more hp making it 5.5 seconds 0-60 (claimed).

Your thoughts please..

oh and one more thing, if i had to get a 2006 model with 300hp instead of a 2007+ one with 313hp because i couldnt find one with the kit on, how much would it cost and what to bring it up arround 313bhp or more preferably for little cost.?

Colours are a personal choice. My zed is Silver, not my first choice but I've grown to like it over the years :) .

The facelift in 2006 added a fair bit of weight, about 70 kgs, I worked it out that the 300 version has around 5 bhp per ton more than the 280 version. I've no idea where this extra weight comes from, must have made a few other changes that aren't immediately obvious ??

You would need to talk to Abbey about increasing the power, the 313 engine is 80% different to the earlier engines.

Pete

be aware that if you buy a nismo one it will be classed as modded and push your insurance even higher.

with the way petrol prices are going i'd be looking at funding a Zed in the most economical way as possible.

just checked insurence and for the 280bhp model its £1150 annually, for the 313 Bhp model its £1320 annually and checked again for the 2007 313bhp model with front and rear wing and sideskirts modification adds extra £100 making it £1420 anually.

which is good because im paying more than that on my current car "54" 325ti Msport.

You would need to talk to Abbey about increasing the power, the 313 engine is 80% different to the earlier engines.

im a newbie here :) joined yesterday ihave no idea who that is.

Cant w8 untill i get the Z do you guys here have meets etc?

theres only two companys who can remap the 350z in uk, Abbey motorsport in surrey and rs tuning in leeds :thumbs:

oh great lol im from wales long way to go i think il just have to get the 313bhp one. :)

and thanks for the information and your time.

Nismo isn't the be all and end all with regards zed mods,there are loads of options out there.

so true

admitedly i did have the n1 kit on my old Zed :blush: they do look good.

+1 and the engine parts make the engine sound very nice and drive well ;):lol: