The 2011 F1 Chat Thread

Beavis

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like a good move and I hope it is.

However, I've always liked the banter and entertainment factor of using one journalist/F1 fan commenting and one ex-driver/someone that actually knows what their talking about. :lol:

Only time will tell I suppose.

Coulthard is doing what he did before with Jake Humphries and Eddie Jordan as well as race commentary.

I feel a bit sorry for Legard but he wasn't particularly inspiring as a commentator.

Since Brundle arrived the trend is obviously now towards ex drivers and people who have worked

first hand in the sport rather than just peole who can talk about it.

Can't wait for next season. Glad Legard has gone as he didn't really add a lot ot proceedings. I do find Coulthard a bit wooden though, and he does have a habit of stating the obvious. Hopefully he will relax into the role as it will give him a lot more air time.

Going to both Silverstone and Spa this season. Never been to a GP before so cannot wait. Thought I should get a couple of races in while they're still using V8s!

Yay,finally,proper HD,though only 1080i.

Thats all thats ever broadcast on BBC HD or any HD channel over FreeSat and I guess Sky too.

Cant wait to have it in HD. The missus is going to love having the curtains shut on a weekend so I can watch it on the projector :lol::lol::lol:

word from my bro at Woking is the Mclaren will be black and red for the 2011 season,

just thought id say

In all seriousness, doing away with the chrome/silver?!

Not unless both Lewis and Jenson have been lying on Twitter, they've both confirmed a while ago that McLaren would still be chrome and silver and that the red/black seen recently is only the test colours colours for the car. Not impossible that McLaren have changed their minds, though.

This year will certainly be entertaining with 2 Lotus teams,both powered by Renault! What a mess that is turning into!

I maintain that there's one Lotus team with a Renault engine, and the other team is a Renault sponsored by Proton. :rant:

word from my bro at Woking is the Mclaren will be black and red for the 2011 season,

just thought id say

In all seriousness, doing away with the chrome/silver?!

Not unless both Lewis and Jenson have been lying on Twitter, they've both confirmed a while ago that McLaren would still be chrome and silver and that the red/black seen recently is only the test colours colours for the car. Not impossible that McLaren have changed their minds, though.

Would be very surprised if this was the case also. I have read nothing to suggest that there is to be a colour change :shrug:But you never know i suppose we will just have to wait and see. :thumbs:

Mclaren have done cars before in other colours though never raced like the one's below used in testing.

mp421-lg.jpg