The 2011 F1 Chat Thread

Beavis

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

No change there then, it was already slimmer than the others. I never apprecaited it until I saw the models on display at Autosport show, the difference is quite obvious when seeing them in the flesh. Makes you appreciate the extra design that has gone into it :clap:

Today's testing times

1. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault 1m 13.769s

2. Nico Hulkenberg Force India-Mercedes 1m 13.938s*

3. Fernando Alonso Ferrari-Ferrari 1m 14.718s

4. Gary Paffett McLaren-Mercedes 1m 15.350s*

5. Kamui Kobayashi Sauber-Ferrari 1m 15.831s

6. Jerome d'Ambrosio Virgin-Cosworth 1m 16.003s*

7. Vitaly Petrov Lotus Renault GP-Renault 1m 17.424s

8. Jaime Alguersuari Scuderia Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m 18.260s

9. Narain Karthikeyan Hispania-Cosworth 1m 18.650s*

10. Rubens Barrichello Williams-Cosworth 1m 18.714s

11. Nico Rosberg Mercedes-Mercedes 1m 19.930s

* denotes old car

Pete

Very radical design for the side pods! Was studying this yesterday,and thought its a very funky looking car. The front wing is certainly a work of art. I dont expect the car that shows up in Bahrain will look anything like that,as is the same every year,but its certainly an interesting concept.

I dont expect the car that shows up in Bahrain will look anything like that,as is the same every year,but its certainly an interesting concept.

+1 just a mock up - there is no way they are going let cameras get so close with the real performance tweaks.

Might I say in the same way RD jealously guarded views of the rear end of their cars on the starting grids ;)

I dont expect the car that shows up in Bahrain will look anything like that,as is the same every year,but its certainly an interesting concept.

+1 just a mock up - there is no way they are going let cameras get so close with the real performance tweaks.

Might I say in the same way RD jealously guarded views of the rear end of their cars on the starting grids ;)

RD?

RD?

:oops: RB of course :notworthy:

+2 I hear the front wing will already be different ;)

And sorry Daryl i hope that RB get a bashing this year though in reality i doubt it. Newey is the real star of your team :lol:

I'm a Mclaren fan, but does that nose remind anyone else of this??

proboscis-monkey-big-nose.gif

Lol! No not really, that nose kinda looks like the monkey has a dick for a nose.

I hope the Mclaren does well this season. I think Pirelli tyres will work quite well for Jenson as well as they're set to disintegrate quicker and Jenson knows how to work tyres. Of course I'm hoping Lewis has a good season as well.

Robert Kubica seriously injured according to The BBC :scare:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 388940.stm

Wrist broken in a couple of places, possible arm and leg injuries too, according to various sources. Unlikely to be ready for the start of the season.

Pete

What a stupid thing to be doing with the F1 season just around the corner :wacko:

I hope the Mclaren does well this season. I think Pirelli tyres will work quite well for Jenson as well as they're set to disintegrate quicker and Jenson knows how to work tyres. Of course I'm hoping Lewis has a good season as well.

+1 :thumbs:

Would like to hope Jenson can make the tyres last, although he does often complain about not getting enough heat into them - perhaps just a shade too conservative with his driving style. Would certainly like to see some more of the 11/10ths stuff from him as when does have the bit between his teeth his passing moves are often brilliant and he rarely ends up in a tangle, unlike Lewis who seems to let his balls rule his head at times.

Confirmation that Mclarens car shown to the public was a dud :dry:

http://in.reuters.com/article/2011/02/0 ... 5520110204

Just heard on the radio that they may have to amputate one of his arms :scare: Really hope it doesn't come to that but it sounds like his F1 career will be finished anyway.

Not sounding too good for him :scare:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... l?ITO=1490

Strange it is suggested it is his right side that is affected - in a left-hand drive car which from the pic looks relatively undamaged on the drivers side :shrug:

Edit: Looks like he impaled the car into some armco which pushed through the engine compartment and broke the roll cage in the cockpit area by Kubica's right side :scare: