RAF Valley Track day and visit 8th and 9th April

The G Man

As the title states, a member of another club I'm a member of, who is a search and rescue helicopter pilot has arranged an airfield trackday and visit, on the above dates. This event is in aid of The Help For Heroes Charity. He has kindly allowed me to open up the event to this club :yahoo:

There is a limit of around 80 vehicles, there are currently around 60 commited to the event, so spaces may become a premium. This leaves a few spaces for your big bad and beautiful Z's B)

The trackday is on Saturdayy the 9th, with the visit to the base facilities and a tour of the search and rescue facilities on the 8th. The trackday will be managed by the Anglesey Race Track marshals, who will help to make it a safe day. The usual track rules apply. Helmets are also required for the track. Airfield indenmnity insurance is required, @ £60, for any claims that may occur on the airfield that is deemed to be their fault (This includes track time). Personal track insurance is the responsibility of the individual. Safety vehicles, ambulance/fire will be provided by the RAF.

Food, beverage is available along with toileting facilities on site.

There may be some sort of flying display and some exotic cars on show, some main dealers are also attending with a selection of cars, Audi/VW, Honda, Mazda and BMW, all have shown an interest.

A two seater open Formula Ford and driving tuition by professional drivers, in your own car, will be available at a small cost. There will be a raffle as well with prizes in the region of a tank of fuel/set of tyres or similar.

They are currently negotiating with North Wales Police to adjudicate on standing 1/4 milers, in any case the main runway will be utilised for speed trials :thumbs: There is also a STRONG possibility of some celebrity presence B) (they are aiming high and you know who is based there ;) )

For those that wish to stay on Saturday night, there will be a run out into the Snowdonia area on the Sunday. There are a few hotels in the area, the Cymyran Hotel and a travel lodge in Holyhead, where I'm staying.

I will be posting an email address soon to take bookings. A welcome pack will be sent out requesting vehicle details, names etc so that passes can be prepared. Payment will be in the form of a check sent with the details by post.

I hope some of you can make it :#1: (If this is the wrong place to post, can a mod please move it, oh and can it be made a sticky)

Names

1. The G Man

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As promised, here's the official poster for the event. Entry is by email to valleydriversday@hotmail.co.uk You will receive a welcome pack and a booking form. This is hot off the press but book as early as you can, spaces are limited. Just put your details on the email and put a reference to this club and me B)

Names

1. The G Man

2. Wasso

Neil, Viki, just to let you know, I'm going down on Friday 8th and I'm booked in the Holyhead Travel Lodge until Monday :thumbs: So convoy on the Friday morning, wouldn't want to miss the tour in the afternoon ;)

Scottish convoy :yahoo:

1. The G Man

2. Wasso

3. Neilp

4. Vik54

The main organiser is in the RX8 OC, there's a local club of somekind and some owners, like myself who have moved on from the RXOC, The RAF blokes have some attending as well B) Not sure what others are invited. There are no "chav" Nova OC's or the like :thumbs:

Sounds like a great weekend! I'd normally be working up that way around that time of year, but unfortunately not this year.

I'd recommend the Cymyran Hotel as already mentioned, I'd say its the best in the area, also nice and out the way for parking Zeds :thumbs:

I've not used that travelodge but wouldn't normally touch them with a bargepole. Also Holyhead is a bit rough imho.

You should invest in one if you intend to keep the trackday bug going :p Cheaper in long run to renting.

I have an expensive Shoei can from my motobike days but i saw some good deals at Autosports at the NEC last year for circa £150 (meets all type approval/regs) Unfortunately they were only white ones left :thumbdown: I hope to go early this time so i can get some black ones.

15th - 16th for your diary :thumbs:

After reading the note supplied it appears crash helmets must be worn?

:doh:

Yup that's the case, if you have a passanger they need one as well :thumbs: I'm sure we all know a nice biker that will allow a borrow of a spare one ;)

Can all those that have voiced an interest in this please add their name to the list and as to whether you've sent for and completed the application pack, thanks.

Weather and operational requirements permitting, there's to be a demonstration of the SAR Sea King' capabilities on the Saturday as well :yahoo:

1. The G Man

2. Wasso

3. Neilp

4. Vik54

5. remould

6. GT4 Zed

Yup that's the case, if you have a passanger they need one as well :thumbs: I'm sure we all know a nice biker that will allow a borrow of a spare one ;)

Can all those that have voiced an interest in this please add their name to the list and as to whether you've sent for and completed the application pack, thanks.

Weather and operational requirements permitting, there's to be a demonstration of the SAR Sea King' capabilities on the Saturday as well :yahoo:

1. The G Man

2. Wasso

3. Neilp

4. Vik54

5. remould

6. GT4 Zed

i havent sent for the pack yet. where do we send to?

1. The G Man

2. Wasso

3. Neilp

4. Vik54

5. remould

6. GT4 Zed

i havent sent for the pack yet. where do we send to?

Here you go :thumbs:valleydriversday@hotmail.co.uk, just put a reference to myself, shouldn't need it but you never know B)