Getting excited, its nearly time!!

BladesGrant

Just started to get everything I need to get the Zed back on the road after winter. It feels like a life time ago since I last had a drive.

Just ordered 2 rear tyres and EBC ultimax discs (non Brembo) and yellowstuff pads all round. Just need it all fitting, a quick P1 & MOT and I am ready to rock!! Currently planning on getting the old girl out of bed around March and it can't come quickly enough!! Although from listening to some of the people here I haven't missed anything with the driving conditions over the last couple of months.

why dont you drive it every day?

I have a company car so really only use it on sunny days during the summer with it being a roadster. Plus the weather for the last two months I wouldn't have wanted to drive it. I didn't want to drive the Insignia in the weather we have had. Its a 53 plate and only done 26k :blush:

I think I would have missed it if I could see it all the time. Being in the garage and covered I don't see it very often and then its great surprise to realise I have a Zed when I do go in the garage. I am hoping that after a driving a diesel all winter it will feel like the very first time I drive it when I take it out for the first blast.

I think I would have missed it if I could see it all the time. Being in the garage and covered I don't see it very often and then its great surprise to realise I have a Zed when I do go in the garage. I am hoping that after a driving a diesel all winter it will feel like the very first time I drive it when I take it out for the first blast.

Same situation with me, the car is in my lock up a short drive from my house so I don't see it every day. I miss mine but then again like you say we haven't missed much by not driving it, the weather has been harsh and I wouldn't want to leave my car out in it let alone drive in it. Plus there's a hill out of my street which, should it snow, renders the car useless.

Im the same, mines is off the road for the winter, the roads are terrible up here and due to it have a very low ride setup, if theres a mini pothole i manage to catch the ground with my splitter.

Will have her out to play end of february once its rained enough to clear all the grit and salt and the workies have tried to fix some of these craters that have appeared up here.

Same here, I've got a company car so over winter I never bother using the Z. TBH I barely use the Z anymore, its too much of a hassle getting it out over the speed bumps & its too loud to talk to passengers or drive for extended periods.

As for why I do it, its a hobby - I don't have many hobbies so this keeps me entertained & I've made a lot of great friends through this place. If I had to drive that sh1tty red van every day of my life I would kill myself :)

Same here, I've got a company car so over winter I never bother using the Z. TBH I barely use the Z anymore, its too much of a hassle getting it out over the speed bumps & its too loud to talk to passengers or drive for extended periods.

As for why I do it, its a hobby - I don't have many hobbies so this keeps me entertained & I've made a lot of great friends through this place. If I had to drive that sh1tty red van every day of my life I would kill myself :)

+1 i have the little swift sport aswell as a company van so the zed is for purely entertainment

i cant see the point of buying a car and then not driving it; especially when you look at the cost of insurance and road tax etc.

+ 1,000,000,000

The more you drive in bad conditions the better you learn the cars limits and how to control it.

I have had my Zed just over 12 months and driven it in everything apart from really heavy snow, around 16k miles and loved every single second of it :thumbs::#1:

i cant see the point of buying a car and then not driving it; especially when you look at the cost of insurance and road tax etc.

+ 1,000,000,000

The more you drive in bad conditions the better you learn the cars limits and how to control it.

I have had my Zed just over 12 months and driven it in everything apart from really heavy snow, around 16k miles and loved every single second of it :thumbs::#1:

Also the higher the risk of destroying it....

My street is on a hill and even my dads 4x4 struggled to get up it this year. Theres no point in even attempting to take the zed out. Even now we have a light dusting of snow and the zed would probs end up sideways mashing against a kerb tryin to get up the street.

Ownership of a Zed is a very personal thing. Some people will buy as a daily drive, some as a second car. Some people leave them completely standard, some people modify them to within an inch of its life. As long as you are happy with why you bought it then thats the main thing.

I bought a roadster on the simple fact that I am lucky enough to have a brand new car on the company every 3 years. I don't need a daily drive out of my Zed and I only drive it when I can have the roof down. Its painful to put it away but like some have said, I wouldn't have even attempted to take it out in this weather. I would rather not find out the cars limits in the snow as no matter how good a driver you are the elements will win if they want to!!

Pretty much the same here really but mainly because I havent been home long enough to make it worth getting it out of storage. 1 days driving in 4 months but the weather should be getting better soon so it will be cleaned and polished ready for some catch-up. :teeth:

My milage when I bought it was 38K two years ago, now a few miles short of 70K :D

Daily driver, too poor to have a second car :lol:

:scare: i bought mine june 2009 with 16k on clock, and now its done just about 24k!

i done about 1000k in the first week, then about 700 on the scottish hoon, so that leaves about 6k of runs and hooning round scottish highland roads

Everyone has a Zed for different reasons, I wasn't saying anyone was stupid or anything :p

I can understand not wanting to use the car in snow and ice I certainly didn't but not driving it till March :bangin: I guess as it is a roadster you can be let off for wanting sunshine only :lol:

I have a 2nd car but I still drive the Zed whenever I can, and why worry about having an accident, if I did I would never get out of bed :headhurt:

I wouldn't marry a supermodel and only make her crosseyed and sweaty a few months of the year ;)

I wouldn't marry a supermodel and only make her crosseyed and sweaty a few months of the year ;)

but you wouldnt take her out and make her eat currys everyday :lol:

Why not?

the finest Curry would be better than the worst caviar ;)

coz the bodywork will start to deteriorate and the internals would start to become rather smelly

its ok to take out at the weekend but not everyday

Everyone has a Zed for different reasons, I wasn't saying anyone was stupid or anything :p

I can understand not wanting to use the car in snow and ice I certainly didn't but not driving it till March :bangin: I guess as it is a roadster you can be let off for wanting sunshine only :lol:

I have a 2nd car but I still drive the Zed whenever I can, and why worry about having an accident, if I did I would never get out of bed :headhurt:

It wasn't meant to sound defensive. :blush:

To be fair (this may sound odd) I probably couldn't afford to run the Zed everyday so having it as a second car works out a lot better for me. Cost of fuel alone would kill me when I generally do a couple of hundred miles a day.

Also if I could get away with applying the same principle to a relationship I would. But maybe thats why I am single trying to adopt this approach!! :lol: