Le Mans 2011?

djrm

Anyone on here planning on going in their Z's?

A few mates and I are going to roadtrip it next year... Just wandered whether anyone on here wanted to join the convoy!

I will be going in my Z, my mate is supposed to be buying a V8 Vantage and another mate has a stupidly powerful 3000GT (600+ BHP) that he wants to take.... Should be a good drive!! B)

Ryan

I'm planning on going, supposedly with another group, going to book through Speedchills at the Besajour camp site, still to sort my time off but the plan is to meet up around Ashford for the ferry on the Wed morning, returning from Le Mans on the Monday morning.

I've been a couple of times and, it's been said before, a must do event for petrolheads.

Came back up from the South of France this year through Le Mans, unfortunately a week too late :lol:

Make sure you take a big bag of fine money, or go by an obscure route avoiding the Route de Mans, especially on the way home :thumbs:

If it all falls through with this other group, I may join you B)

• 4 months later...

Me and the Mrs are going in Zed this year. Travelling down on the Thursday. Hope to see some fellow members there. Got abit of a mad rush to get the car sorted for then,but should be fine. Going with my mate on his mk5 888 Astra.

Im looking forward to the tunnels!

Bah, won't be maling it this year :thumbdown: , had to use my spare holibags for domestic rather than pleasure reasons.

What I would like to do though, all being well, is run an organised trip next year for Zeds B) It's not that difficult a task and with good preperation and the right contacts, is entirely doable :)

I'll start something around Oct/Nov and take it from there.

To all those deploying this year, have a great time :thumbs:

Im there with a 30 strong crew from SXOC, trying to beat last year where we had a full PA system, 42 inch TV with satellite and Playstation and 6 fridges and freezers :D

Come over and say Hi, Im sure we can spare a beeer or two (trying to build a very, very big mountain this year as well so might need the help :D)

• 1 month later...
Only saw a couple out there with GB plates, pretty rare which was nice!

Anyone from here go in the end?

I went but not in the zed. I spotted a few 350s over the weekend, the first one I spotted was at Dover on Thursday morning and having just seen your photos I think you might recognise it!

P1030212.jpg

I was there! I was amazed how many looks and photos and comments the Zed got. I was parked opposite the Bar and burger van (next to the toilets) in Houx Annex,so was on display abit. Also had a great sound off in a long tunnel with a new shape yellow Mustang,i think it had straight through exhausts,as they were side exit,and it was stupidly loud,but that was fun on the way down there.

We did all like that E-type too. He was on the same ferry home as us but I didn't spot your car. I tried to get a better photo of your car without the flash on but I almost got run over by the car coming to park behind our car.

I was there in my zed, first time for the car, 5th year on a row for the race & wow, what a race, to the wire. Azure, in my usual des res ofTetre Rouge. First time ever, as sooooo many of the boys couldn't make it, took Mrs K & sady she loved it. Yikes, it's back to normal service next year, how am I gonna tell her that.

Bizarrely didn't see a single zed or Le Mans dressed car all the way from Leeds to the tunnel but see a De Lorean on a low loader, restoration project, it was brilliant.

Lots of attention to the zed strangely, not that unusual or special car & without realizing it got waved into the display area at St Saturnin show. Covered in 3 days Tetre Rouge dust, 10000 dead mozzies, hung head low, slunk to the back. This approach worked well until leaving, 1 way system took me smack thru the middle of show, the lovely Mrs K doing her regal wave bit.

Waved at another zed I think on Fri at 4 ish, anothe azure at Tetre Rouge bridge.