My perfect Zed - but how much is the road tax?

chrisgunton

Also

"Vehicle Status Unlicensed"

Does this mean the road tax hasn't been paid on it?

I want to use sarcasm so much here.... :surrender:

As for Zedism not being cheap.

I found it quite reasonable costing to run.

I get a little disgruntled at these people who say "oh if youre worried about mpg, or tax, or insurance, then its not the car for you"

What do they know?

If you want it, buy it. :bounce:

I get a little disgruntled at these people who say "oh if youre worried about mpg, or tax, or insurance, then its not the car for you"

What do they know?

Erm, well if they're on this forum they probably have a pretty good idea of Zed running costs. I think it's a pretty fair comment that if you want to buy a car like a Zed then you need deep enough pockets to run it and enjoy it properly, otherwise what's the point?

What do they know?

Erm, well if they're on this forum they probably have a pretty good idea of Zed running costs. I think it's a pretty fair comment that if you want to buy a car like a Zed then you need deep enough pockets to run it and enjoy it properly, otherwise what's the point?

I agree you do need "deep enough pockets" as you say.

But how does that owner know what the finances of the new member/owner are? How can they assume to know if they can or cant afford it based on asking what the mpg is?

My ex fiance was planning on buying a R34 GTT, we had to know what approx mpg it had, so that we could factor in if she would have to buy a diesel shed for work to go with it.

She was fully aware it was gunna be expensive to run, but needed to know just how expensive so she knew if she could spend her full savings on one, or whether £1000 had to be kept behind for a shed.

What do they know?

depends on what you compare it too.

if you compare the zed to a fiesta then its bloody expensive to run,

f you compare it to a GTR its cheap as chips.

and to be honest you comapre it against most of its competition it is the cheaper car to run. the zed is no ferrari by a long shot

What a Zed expensive to run..no I dont think so. 28mpg on a run, dead simple to service all service items are very easy to get at and not expensive (no cam belt change), then there's the fact that they are such a bargain to purchase when secondhand. I guess you CAN spend a lot of cash on them but so can some on Fords or whatever. Most things in life cost money but the Zed gives so much fun :teeth: