Anybody know this car?

G.I Ginge

Hi all, I new to the forum and just getting ready to buy my first 350z! :D

I formerly owned a VX220, so am hoping for a rather more 'refined' experience.

Anyhow, does anybody know these cars or can spot anything worrying/weird about them at all?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1956917.htm

Or this one?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2298128.htm

Or this?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201049374947224/sort/priceasc/usedcars/price-to/9000/model/350_z/make/nissan/postcode/gu147rb/quicksearch/true/page/1/radius/100?logcode=p

Those are the three I'm most interested in at the moment, but I could use some buying advice from the people who know what's what:

Should I go for a 'newer' car with more miles or an older one that has done less?

What about clutches- should all of these cars have had a new one by now, given the mileages?

Do the prices seem OK for what I'm getting?

With the third link, a warrantee is offered. Is that really something worth paying out for- I thought Nissans were supposed to be pretty bulletproof?

Anything in particular I should check for when viewing? (I know the standard when looking at any car)

Sorry to ask you guys to do the research I should be doing myself for me, but I need to get a new car quickly to replace my beloved VX and could use the help. :shrug:

Not familiar with the cars, though the 2nd one catches the eye. Wouldn't be too concerned on the clutch front. It's a weak point on the car for sure, but if it's still on the original and it feels OK and can pull up hill in 6th without revs flying, just points to the car having an easier life for me.

If you can, take someone familiar with the 350/mechanic with you to look the car over, or RAC inspection else. I didn't, and it cost me. Still, initial cost out of the way, never regretted it since! :thumbs:

No mine was an N/A so even more basic! :) Never had ANY problems with reliability from my VX though. Unless you count not having a demister as 'unreliable'! :lol: It really is so ridiculous that I had to wait 15mins EVERY morning just to demist the windscreen! And if there's ice- forget about it! Even if you turn the blower on, there's no bloody air filter, so chunks of road just start flying in to stick to your damp windscreen! :angry:

I truly loved that car, but practical it was not. :)

Thanks Walbertonio, I thought the second one looked pretty nice too. I guess it all depends how 'very small' the mentioned 'parking scuff' is. :)

Unfortunately, I'm in a bit of a hurry to buy, as I'm going to have to car share with my wife to get to work until I do, which adds significant journey time. Because of this, I don't know if I'll have the time to cultivate any 350z-knowledgable contacts from the website. Unless anyone wants to prove themselves a complete legend...? :help:

I'm located in Farnborough, Hampshire, and the car I'd like a look at is in Southampton, just in case anyone feels like becoming my hero. :)

I'm located in Farnborough, Hampshire, and the car I'd like a look at is in Southampton,

Pretty sure we have members in both locations.

Welcome,you are in the right place for helpfull friendly advice. :)

Also worth reading are the FAQ's and there is a buyers guide there somewhere. :shrug:

Chris

Thought of this viewtopic.php?f=13&t=43911

Hi Chris thanks for the warm welcome. I read the buyers guide thanks, hence my question about the clutches. I'm just making sure there's no little tips anyone can give me on what to llok for that maybe the buyers guide missed out.

Who is this legendary Paul mentioned in your topic link? Definitely someone I need to start bribing with egg Mcmuffins! :D

Not too keen on the Autotrader one, could be bad photos but the paintwork looks dull. On top of that its 2 grand cheaper than the year older Sunset one on the same page. Some of that will be down to mileage and colour, but not 2 grand :wacko:

Pete

Not too keen on the Autotrader one, could be bad photos but the paintwork looks dull. On top of that its 2 grand cheaper than the year older Sunset one on the same page. Some of that will be down to mileage and colour, but not 2 grand :wacko:

Pete

Yeah, not keen on that one either. The OSF alloy looks curbed to buggery too.

As a reference I paid £8400 for mine only last week. GT with full service history, 44K on the clock and in almost immaculate condition. Personally I've always preferred slightly older cars in better condition with lower milage.

No mine was an N/A so even more basic! :) Never had ANY problems with reliability from my VX though. Unless you count not having a demister as 'unreliable'! :lol: It really is so ridiculous that I had to wait 15mins EVERY morning just to demist the windscreen! And if there's ice- forget about it! Even if you turn the blower on, there's no bloody air filter, so chunks of road just start flying in to stick to your damp windscreen! :angry:

I truly loved that car, but practical it was not. :)

i had an n/a owned it for 4 years loved it but got rid just before it fell apart :lol: , px'ed it for my gt roadster only wish id done it sooner

Yeah black or blue I'd like.

Thanks guys I'll scrap the autotrader one off the list. This one seems like a good deal. The dealer says he'll let me have it for £8200:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201049375000637/sort/priceasc/usedcars/price-to/9000/model/350_z/make/nissan/radius/100/quicksearch/true/page/2/postcode/gu147rb?logcode=p

I like the mileage and the spec, but he said for £8200 I'd be "buying the car 'as is' without a warantee, etc". I've e-mailed back asking why he's so afraid to stand by the quality of his stock (not in those words obviously!) but should I be worried or is this a standard trade seller tactic when giving a discount?

Can't make out if it has a stubby or there's just a hole there :lol: . Doesn't have Rays either but that wouldn't put me off. Full Service History could mean anything, I'd check that's its had at least 4 services, 5 would be better, ask the dealer to throw in a service in any case, looks a nice car though. :thumbs:

Pete

That's exactly what I thought! :lol: Are Rays the lightweight alloys? If they are, I'm not too fussed about them either.

I will definitely check on the services done thanks :) You see? This is paying off already!

Do you think I've really got a shot at getting the dealer to do a service, given that I'm paying £300 less than the asking price? No harm in asking I suppose. ;)

Hi mate, it would be worth listing what you're after - i.e colour, budget, GT, how far you're willing to travel etc, as i'm sure many people would be happy to post up possibilities. Just a thought.

Also in regards to the one's you've listed - The first one has been up for sale since middle of October at least - maybe worth a cheeky offer, who knows....

If there are any local to me that you're interested in I'd be happy to have a look over for you.

Adam

: Are Rays the lightweight alloys? If they are, I'm not too fussed about them either.

I got some figures off a U.S forum and they are 3.6 kilos lighter per wheel than the standard wheels, still feel heavy when you lift them up though :) .

Pete

: Are Rays the lightweight alloys? If they are, I'm not too fussed about them either.

I got some figures off a U.S forum and they are 3.6 kilos lighter per wheel than the standard wheels, still feel heavy when you lift them up though :) .

Pete

about 18 lb

These are the figures I have in lbs. Not clear if this includes the tyres, probably doesn't.

Wheel Weight Table

This table lists the weights for the available OEM 350Z wheels. All weights are provided by 350z-tech members and are given in pounds (lbs). Exact numbers may vary slightly due to scale inaccuracies and variations.

Wheel Version Front Weight Rear Weight

Standard 17" 23.26 24.14

Touring 18" v.1 26.56 26.56

Track 18" v.1 18.19 18.62

Touring 18" v.2 24.8 25.8

Track 18/19" v.2 21.25 29.50

Pete

if you buy from a dealer he has to give warranty it the law

From my experience warranties are not worth the paper they are written on, most issues are never covered and if the car has serious problems in the first 6 months and is therefore not "fit for purpose" you can always hand the car back to the dealer.

I have had 3 probs with the car since purchase and I have a full Nissan warranty and nothing has been covered.