Jason plato...

Cragus

After reading about JP on pistonheads, I thought I would look at some clips of his career as he isn't somebody I have really followed other than watching him on Fifth gear. Below are a couple I like. Anybody else know of any moments in his career that are worth of watch? Feel free to add any other favourite driving/motorsport clips that are worth a watch.

BEING NUDGED - BTCC 2009 Round 1 Race 3 at Brands Hatch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPCGnkApnDU

NUDGING BACK

NO PULLING PUNCHES

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqNtQsIa2Nw&feature=related

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVEN'T READ THE THREAD ON PH

For those of you that haven't read the thread.......A guy called Graham starts a thread on pistonheads saying he saw JP's car outside a dry cleaners, waited outside in cold for 20 minutes until he came out, shook his and and tried to speak to him. He said JP was rude and ignorant and just drove off. JP is registered on pistonheads and comes back and gives a true account of the meeting stressing how much of a stalker the Graham guy was. Nobody believed it was the real JP - so they did the custard test and then everyone abused Graham.

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topi ... mid=139955

JP is a hero of mine. I like his 'aggressive' driving and his general arrogance on the race track. It makes for highly entertaining racing in a race series I have followed since I was young. I also love the 'racing incident' attitude of the guys in charge.

Have a look at some of Platos mid 90s stuff. ;)

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVEN'T READ THE THREAD ON PH

For those of you that haven't read the thread.......A guy called Graham starts a thread on pistonheads saying he saw JP's car outside a dry cleaners, waited outside in cold for 20 minutes until he came out, shook his and and tried to speak to him. He said JP was rude and ignorant and just drove off. JP is registered on pistonheads and comes back and gives a true account of the meeting stressing how much of a stalker the Graham guy was. Nobody believed it was the real JP - so they did the custard test and then everyone abused Graham.

Oi Oi!!!! Thats's slanderous towards all of us fine and upstanding (well most of the time :drunk: ) people called Graham, his name was George FFS!!!! :rant::bang::bangin::fishslap::lol:

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/prof ... f=23&mid=0

That's what I like to see...... devotion to the cause of education, well done stout fellow!!! :) Dodge! I'm sure I don't know what you mean :boxing::lol:

You are right glrnet. I am confusing him with the main character of a book I am reading with my class just now - Divided City by Theresa Breslin.

In general though, people whose name start with a 'G' do tend to be a bit dodge! :lol:

Can't say I'm a big Plato fan, nor Neal for that matter but respect both their abilities and their styles d omake for exciting races!

Early 90's was the best touring cars when all the manufacturers entered cars, Cleland was my hero! Shame the BTCC will never be like that again.

Can't say I'm a big Plato fan, nor Neal for that matter but respect both their abilities and their styles d omake for exciting races!

Early 90's was the best touring cars when all the manufacturers entered cars, Cleland was my hero! Shame the BTCC will never be like that again.

+1 I used to watch every weekend back in the 90's until the WRC was televised more often and so then made the swap to watch more interesting racing such as the WRC

jason plato's response on that thread to the weirdo was absolutely first class :#1:

A Hand Shaking Lesson to George Matthews

Next time you shake hands with a complete stranger, follow these simple rules:

1. Engage eye contact in a warm way

2. Smile (a little)as you introduce yourself

3. shake up and down twice and

4. LET GO of the recipients hand.

5. Continue chatting whilst maintaining eye contact

The below is what you should NOT do (which you did)

1. Appear from knowwhere

2. Start jabbering on like a weirdo

3. Look at the floor whilst jabbering at the recipient

4. Thrust yourhand out and then NOT let go

If the other person at any time is forced to say

" Please let go of my hand"

Then, you have I am afraid, made a very bad first impression.

Buddy, you looked like, acted like and are a weirdo.

if you see me again, my advice, turn around and walk the other way,

I will not be polite next time.

Lesson endeth.

Jason Plato (human)