Zed fogs up unusually quick..

SparksCW

Is this common?? Only had my zed a month now but the windows fog up /really/ quick then take a while to clear. Especially the rear window, that fogs up and well.. doesn't really clear at all. Is this normal? I know all car windows fog up :lol: but the zed seems especially bad. I tried searching but didn't have any luck.

Got to have the air con on all the time at this time of year.

My air con is always on, it doesn't fog up when I'm actually driving but if I leave it for more than 2 minutes parked up it's fogged up again and takes a good while idling before I can see where I'm going. example last night I was out shopping, parked up popped into tesco then by time I got back it was all fogged up and had to sit in the car park idling for 5 mins waiting for it to half-clear before being able to drive off (also with my lights off too, bloody dash lights are always lit so I forget to turn the lights on hahaha)

I guess I'll get used to it, just wondered if there was something up with it or if all zed owners have to deal with it.

yep it will happen in any car if re-circ is on, possible jammed on if it isnt on. mines always on outside air as i love the smell of the v-power waftin through my nostrils as i stop at junctions and lights... mmm decats best mod ive ever done

yep it will happen in any car if re-circ is on, possible jammed on if it isnt on. mines always on outside air as i love the smell of the v-power waftin through my nostrils as i stop at junctions and lights... mmm decats best mod ive ever done

Mines almost always on re-circ too, I know that because every time I spray the windows I can smell it (and cover the whole car in screen wash thanks to the headlight washers :thumbdown:

Good point about the air con efficiency, I'm not convinced mines all that good. Re-gas?

Time of year, cold external air, warm inside car, equals condensation however your aircon should clear it quicker than you say. Probably worth a check, if it needs recharging do it yourself, about £50 from halfords, this link shows you the port location and how to do it.

http://www.interdynamics-europe.co.uk/tutorials/

Jeff :wave:

Time of year, cold external air, warm inside car, equals condensation however your aircon should clear it quicker than you say. Probably worth a check, if it needs recharging do it yourself, about £50 from halfords, this link shows you the port location and how to do it.

http://www.interdynamics-europe.co.uk/tutorials/

Jeff :wave:

Well that looks really easy actually, I might consider that quite soon. Just be a shame to buy it then find the system pressure is fine but that's sods law I guess! I'm sure the air con isn't as good as it should be.

Getting expensive this now haha, just bought nissan reverse sensors. I have a JWT pop charger and plenum spacer on the "to buy list" and on the "really urgently need" list is new gas boot struts and air con recharge hmm! :scare::yahoo:

if theres no gas in the system then theres probably moisture in the pipework, to be honest id take it to the pro's. im an a/c engineer and i wouldnt do my car myself as its a very expensive mistake if overcharged or you have moisture in the system. potentially a new air con compressor required. saying that ive had no issues with mines and when the time comes i probably will give it a bash, but there is auto a/c engineers out there that know what there doing and paid well for a reason

if theres no gas in the system then theres probably moisture in the pipework, to be honest id take it to the pro's. im an a/c engineer and i wouldnt do my car myself as its a very expensive mistake if overcharged or you have moisture in the system. potentially a new air con compressor required. saying that ive had no issues with mines and when the time comes i probably will give it a bash, but there is auto a/c engineers out there that know what there doing and paid well for a reason

I apprecieate your point, I've found a local company that will do a full a/c service for £70 and come to me or £60 for a check and regas only.

I'll consider it, it does sound like the air con needs looking at. Just extra cash I didn't want to spend.

Anyone used Kwik Fit for air con service? Apparantly as little as £30 or so and they'll do it while I wait, full check and re-gas or no cost if the system doesn't need gassing.

I collect all the little bags of Silica gel that seem to come with everything these days and place them in strategic places in the car. I remove them once a week and dry them on a radiator. I don't seem to suffer much from fogging in the Zed, Renault Clio is much worse as is Caroline's Roadster, which is to be expected. People who wipe their inside windows with their hands or a rag/glove to remove moisture make the situation much worse, just gives the moisture a better purchase on the glass. The front screen also accrues fine dust very quickly from the blower and needs to be cleaned properly every couple of months ,I use an IPA-Water solution, but there are several commercial products available.

Pete

Firstly make sure that the re-curculation button isn't in the on position as this is a common fault which causes condensation. Secondly to greatly reduce the condensation effect do not use the AC this does remove the condensation but only short term. The AC not only removes the condensation but cools the windscreen down thus when warm moist air from the passenger hitting a cold windscreen surface causes condentation. The trick is to get the windscreen and the ambient internal temperature the same so that no condensation forms.

Firstly make sure that the re-curculation button isn't in the on position as this is a common fault which causes condensation. Secondly to greatly reduce the condensation effect do not use the AC this does remove the condensation but only short term. The AC not only removes the condensation but cools the windscreen down thus when warm moist air from the passenger hitting a cold windscreen surface causes condentation. The trick is to get the windscreen and the ambient internal temperature the same so that no condensation forms.

I disagree but i do agree that the recirc button should never be lit. Always on fresh air. The air con acts as a dehumidifier. It cools the air to remove moisture, is below it's dew point, then the air is reheated so it has less percentage saturation. I'm not going to get into a debate about it, a/c when on heat mode does not cool the windscreen, if a/c is on cooling will cool the windscreen. I could talk about it all day as it's my profession but I don't feel the need to.

On my other car a 3 series BMW it has a qiuck clear button for the windscreen when on the air-con comes on to rapidly clear the windscreen I do the same in my roadster and it clears in seconds, also your glass should be kept clean on the inside this also stops the misting and one last thing I have had many cars and all have mentioned in the manual to only use the re-circ button for short periods not left on.