Your opinion / advice, Poll

Husky

what action to take?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. what action to take?

• Just put up with it until the end of nov (im on holiday for the first week anyway) and move into the new place leaving all the problems alone.
    • Make a massive push to get the problems resolved, then announce im moving out to really screw the LL over.
    • Get the relevant govorning bodies involved and get some heat put on the letting agency. But not concern myself with getting them fixed.
    • Take legal action to recover the cost to me of the washing machine and other issues with the property that have been left unresolved.
    • Other

The director is already involved ;) This is why recently i have been playing a tricky balance. from the tone of the letting agency i reckon their next step would be to terminate the landlords contract with them as he is the one holding it up not them. They want it out of their hair asap and have tried a few approaches to do so with no results. This is now enough hassle i doubt the director sees it as worth the 50 quid or whatever they get a month.

Nix; I think this is spot on, just need to get out of there. The gardener set another bonfire on sunday! I was FURIOUS :rant: i thought we had got past his inability to listen but apparently not. I opened the door and let fly at him the grubby little b'tard. And then contacted west midlands fire service to ask them to asses the situation :teeth:

NB: I believe i will get my deposit back becasue as irritating as this all is i have kept calm (mostly) when dealing with the letting agency so they are actually on my side. Of course i am reporting them to the appropriate people behind their backs :lol:

Give notice and pay up.

Try and get deposit back. (alway small claims doda :shrug: )

Move into new place.

OPEN BOTTLE OF WINE

And

Chill , Chill , Chill .

Then await silly PMs from me asking about Gaylanders. ( It's actualy not a bad drive. :surrender: )

NO NO NO!!!! Going off quietly into the sunset is exactly the reason this country is going to @*!# and butt reaming tossweasels like your landlord are allowed to collect rent on a property!.......if you had failed to pay your rent do you think he would sit their scratching his sack umming and arring??!!? No - he'd be round there with his 6 biggest mates holding you by one leg and shaking you upside down.

Similarly if you complain you've got to ensure you;

a) Don't expect any results from your actions.

B) Are really doing it to stand up to this kind of kack as opposed to financial reasons

c) Will not incur any stress as a result of fighting it (i.e doing it for fun company annoying purposes)

All I would do it write a letter to the director/owner of the letting agents advising of their failings. Give 30 days to reply then send a copy of the letter to ARLA or NEAB (whomever they are registered with)........then forget about it - in a couple of months you may see a result.

Another sweet way of getting results (only works with bigger companies though) when a company does you over is to go on http://www.reuters.com - search the company and find out who the directing board are.

Then you need to find out how their emails are structured - so for example I want to know how Admirals emails are structures I search '@admiral.co.uk' in google........some PR officer or another will have their address floating around and shebang - you now know the email addresses of the entire directing board :ninja:

Send your complaint on to the entire directing board and you'll have a full response within 7 days (obviously don't do this before you've tried the normal complaints proceedure).

I've done this with tonnes of companies who've done me a mischief and had almost instant results.

A quote from my email to the directing board of Admiral -

".....Its simply stunning (to the point where I'm nearly impressed) that you can be this bad.............you would literally have to train people to be this incompetent - human beings are not born this ignorant or useless.".

Even if the director doesn't take a direct interest he'll have to forward the email to a minion........said minion then shats themselves because a complaint has gone direct to the top........in this case it took 48 hours for a full written response after 8 weeks of waiting :teeth:

Wow this is my longest post thus far!.........and probably most pointless.

Ramble on.... I enjoyed it :snack:

Give notice and pay up.

Try and get deposit back. (alway small claims doda :shrug: )

Move into new place.

OPEN BOTTLE OF WINE

And

Chill , Chill , Chill .

Then await silly PMs from me asking about Gaylanders. ( It's actualy not a bad drive. :surrender: )

cos its awesome ;):lol:

going to the top does get results!! as said even if it goes to a minion.

i was sat in the hospital and getting no where with anybody, no doctors came to see me and the staffing was just awful. god knows how but my sister got the name, phone number and email of the director of the hospital. so she fired off a scathing email and phoned the number. within 30mins of my sisters phone call, i had a senior SHO come and discuss my case.

get an email written and try and send it to the top. but your LL sounds like a total arse anyway.

Like i say, the top already know. By law the letting agency cannot overrule the landlord if he has specifically told them he is doing it. so i am told...

Is there not some sort of registrar over there that you can put your complaints too? Then just chill and move on... leason learnt don't wait 10 weeks for a washer machine! Got mine replaced in 1 day ;)

Like i say, the top already know. By law the letting agency cannot overrule the landlord if he has specifically told them he is doing it. so i am told...

Is there not some sort of registrar over there that you can put your complaints too? Then just chill and move on... leason learnt don't wait 10 weeks for a washer machine! Got mine replaced in 1 day ;)

if it was a stand alone one or there was room to shove my own in i would have but i was stuck sadly. as i mentioned i have sent an email out to the people they are registered with.

Rent it, perfect pad mate and its not breaking the bank either... deposit is nothing to worry about prices will keep dropping on houses :p

Do you think it's getting easier or harder to get on the property ladder?

that depends... easier if you wait while prices goes down... if you want to buy a house today a quick guess you need to pay a higher deposit %... the lad is young no need to bog down just to try and 'own' a house...

Rent it, perfect pad mate and its not breaking the bank either... deposit is nothing to worry about prices will keep dropping on houses :p

Do you think it's getting easier or harder to get on the property ladder?

that depends... easier if you wait while prices goes down... if you want to buy a house today a quick guess you need to pay a higher deposit %... the lad is young no need to bog down just to try and 'own' a house...

Prices maybe sliding slightly, but required deposits are increasing, therefore it is getting harder day-by-day to get on the property ladder.

By house sharing, there should be no need to 'bog down', in theory you should be able to pay less and get a better property (e.g currently paying £500 pm, now paying £350 on a £700 property) but paying the same on a property that has 3 rooms more than you need is literally throwing money away imo.......

He's paying 50£ less per month no? :D one week petrol monies on the Z lol... I'm all for waiting to get onto the property ladder... happy I did, prices over here has gone down with about 50% and has a few more % to go down... looking at what the goverment are coming out with in the budget my guessi t's going to slide a far far way further... think the same will happen in the UK... spread the word and it shall happen ;)

£90 less per month rent and alot less on bills as they are split, the saving is equivalent to getting a 4-5k pre tax payrise. So it is a downsize :)

I know where your coming from but this place is a nice saving for me while still getting somewhere nicer. yeah i could live in a tiny bedroom off of a student type accommodation but i value my sanity more than getting on the property ladder in the shortest possible time. I'm in a situation with no dependants so I'm free enough that i don't need a house at the minute.

(NB: one of the main reasons for not buying is my working location is up in the air at the minute :) )

£90 less per month rent and alot less on bills as they are split, the saving is equivalent to getting a 4-5k pre tax payrise. So it is a downsize :)

I know where your coming from but this place is a nice saving for me while still getting somewhere nicer. yeah i could live in a tiny bedroom off of a student type accommodation but i value my sanity more than getting on the property ladder in the shortest possible time. I'm in a situation with no dependants so I'm free enough that i don't need a house at the minute.

(NB: one of the main reasons for not buying is my working location is up in the air at the minute :) )

it should be since the economy is shot the reason for not buying... :D you're doing the right thing for sure you can even have Akari Design meets on that massive parking place!