going to look at a zed at the weekend + request

Matt L

:D im a little excited :lol:, few quick things id like to clear up first though.

read about something at the rear clicking - is it loud/very noticable if its occuring?

also something about creaking suspension bits - again is it obvious if its creaking or something wrong with it?

are there any other bits i should be wary of whilst looking around it/ test driving it?

car in question is 53plate UK GT with 23k on the clock in sunset orange (unsure about serivce history as no mention of it on their site but will ask when i ring tomorrow).

Just dont want to go and think ahhh i really dont know what im looking at :lol:.

Now a very odd request anyone know how wide the 350 is? with wing mirrors folded out and folded in? just need to make sure it will fit down my drive otherwise it could be a pain in the a**e :lol:.

Thanks

Matt :)

i presume its the coupe and not a roadster?

From what i have heard the clicky rear should be pretty obvious and easily identifiable.

The main thing to watch for is that it has had all the relevant P1, P2 and P3 services on time - every 9k miles approx. P3 is the big one im guessing as your car has only done 23k its half way between the P2 and P3 so the next service will be the most expensive of the three

:D im a little excited :lol:, few quick things id like to clear up first though.

read about something at the rear clicking - is it loud/very noticable if its occuring?

you should hear it if you open the window on the side that's clicking ....... it happens when you set off forwards and backwards .......... the noise is a single click as the CV joint slack is taken up and sounds like when you are trying to get a stubborn horse to move if that makes sense

also something about creaking suspension bits - again is it obvious if its creaking or something wrong with it?

never had that so can't comment

are there any other bits i should be wary of whilst looking around it/ test driving it?

lazy synchro changing up when you floor it

banana bar/drop link knock/rattle at the front

car in question is 53plate UK GT with 23k on the clock in sunset orange

Matt :)

Good car choice! Shame about the colour :lol:

Rear axle thing is common but can be fixed fairly easily - there are threads on here.

Not sure about the suspension issue but somebody else will be along shortly.

A 53 plate with only 23K on the clock sounds like it's been harldy used at all - so should be in fairly good nick - of course it depends how those miles have been conducted.

Look out for all the usual things though - body work, condition of interior etc... does it look cared for? Have a drive - feel smooth etc... any tappety rattles or strange noises then leave it. Have a look at the tyres and make sure there is plenty of tread left - new rubber is pricey.

Def check on the service history.

Not sure on the width, fairly big rump but don't think it massively wider than other cars.

Hope this helps, good luck with the purchase :thumbs:

thanks for all the replies :D, im hoping its a good example or then its a case of looking at nick-s (i think) red on that he his selling but his is more exp and has more miles.

well focus's fit down the drive easily so this should in essence ill measure when i get home :lol:.

how much is the P3 service? im sure i read a price on here the other day so will go have a look in a sec just incase people know off the top of their heads :).

I've got creaky rear susp and its caused by worn drop links. Parts only cost £80 for new and easy to fit so do yourself of a local mechanic will charge you around £60.

Check elec windows work, make sure CD players works while driving, listen to make sure stereo doesnt cut out on left side speakers, clicky axle and think thats it.

Just be careful to triple check the paperwork. £23k is very very low mileage for the year!

how much is the P3 service? im sure i read a price on here the other day so will go have a look in a sec just incase people know off the top of their heads :).

Had mine done a month ago, cost me £253 at the Nissan main dealer in Chester....however I believe that in some areas especially the south of England it costs a lot more.

Pete

approx £150 for a P1 at a main dealer........ although that is from the same dealer that charged me £350 for a P3! £253??! I'm going to have a look and see if I can find any receipts for my P3 as they must have included something else. Surely?

approx £150 for a P1 at a main dealer........ although that is from the same dealer that charged me £350 for a P3! £253??! I'm going to have a look and see if I can find any receipts for my P3 as they must have included something else. Surely?

Yes, after reading through some of the threads here I expected a lot more. The 25 point check was fine, just an advisory on my rear tyres.

http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac32 ... 212010.jpg

Pete

im now very torn on what to do :( dam my sensible side of me kicking in :(, if i bought it, it would take me nearly 3 years to resave the amount i spend on it :(.

I can afford to buy and run it, just doesnt leave me with much savings each month.

i feel like :bang: atm head says no heart says 'you only live once so go for it'

im now very torn on what to do :( dam my sensible side of me kicking in :(, if i bought it, it would take me nearly 3 years to resave the amount i spend on it :(.

I can afford to buy and run it, just doesnt leave me with much savings each month.

i feel like :bang: atm head says no heart says 'you only live once so go for it'

Driving a zed is more fun than looking at a bank balance.

If you need the money for something else then fine.

i dont need the money for anything really other than holidays :lol: and if needs be i could sell if it ever came to it but then atleast i can say i had owned it then and like you say driving it will more than make up for the lack of funds i imagine :).

i had the same thoughts as you. but told meself if i dont do it now i never will, you sound like a saver like me, which is a great thing. but if your like me your saving target just gets bigger the more you have in the bank.

i gave in and bought the z and every time i drive it it makes me :yahoo: . even if you buy the car for the short term you wont lose much money and youve had the pleasure of owning it. but then you may have the same problem giving it up.

buy it and enjoy it :thumbs:

Exactly how I felt, bud.

when I bought mine 2 days ago.

i presume its the coupe and not a roadster?

From what i have heard the clicky rear should be pretty obvious and easily identifiable.

The main thing to watch for is that it has had all the relevant P1, P2 and P3 services on time - every 9k miles approx. P3 is the big one im guessing as your car has only done 23k its half way between the P2 and P3 so the next service will be the most expensive of the three

Not necessarily with that low mileage it should heve been done annually, it's P1, P2, P1, P3, P1 etc so you should be able to work it out.

I find myself in the same situation!!! i have decided to go ahead and buy the car. it is going to drain a lot of my savings but you do indeed only live once. I think that whilst we are young and have no responsibilities, we can afford to go all out. when you have a mortgage and children thats when its time to sell!

I find myself in the same situation!!! i have decided to go ahead and buy the car. it is going to drain a lot of my savings but you do indeed only live once. I think that whilst we are young and have no responsibilities, we can afford to go all out. when you have a mortgage and children thats when its time to sell!

thats what i keep telling my self and my back up car of a leon fr which i was looking at has sold so even more reason to look into the zed :lol:.

off to look at it tomorrow 'i think' currently 75% yes and 25% no and unfortunatly the no is getting higher as the night goes on :lol:.

2hours30mins drive to the garage that is selling it :|.

thats what i keep telling my self and my back up car of a leon fr which i was looking at has sold so even more reason to look into the zed :lol:.

off to look at it tomorrow 'i think' currently 75% yes and 25% no and unfortunatly the no is getting higher as the night goes on :lol:.

2hours30mins drive to the garage that is selling it :|.

matt want to chat privately and share thoughts? :p

well the no took over :( i havent gone to view it purely because i know if i went i would want it and i think once id have signed on the line i would constantly have in my mind i cant afford to use you how i would like to and it would end up an epicly expensive toy :(, which i would of only been using at weekends anyway so its alot of expense for hardly any use :(.

can someone tell me i have done the right thing.... :(