u f'*&%$ ing what!

V88 REG

Im just about to renew the old car insurance but was pleased to find that my premium has gone from £600 last year to £1400. I had 3 points put on in april but how can the cost double!!

i prob drive mine at best once a week and its in a cctv garage with gates and all that jam!

are there any insurers that can offer a sensible price.??

...............who knows big nose!

I have all my mods listed below with Adrian Flux - I pay £800'ish a year, which provides legal cover, european driving and lost keys etc etc. Not only that but if any of the parts I've added or stolen etc they will replace like for like. I'm in my 30's so that might help my situation more.

But have a look around at other insurers, there are so many around these days. I'm sure you'll want to insure your mods also.

:thumbs:

I have all my mods listed below with Adrian Flux - I pay £800'ish a year, which provides legal cover, european driving and lost keys etc etc. Not only that but if any of the parts I've added or stolen etc they will replace like for like. I'm in my 30's so that might help my situation more.

But have a look around at other insurers, there are so many around these days. I'm sure you'll want to insure your mods also.

:thumbs:

I'd be aware of Adrian Flux. Quite a few bad reports here about them.

Try Chris Knott or Sky Insurance, both do discount for the club.

Also all the comparison sites dont check Direct Line or L&V

Join up to quidco too...........they're paying £45 cashback on Admiral (who are usually the cheapest in my experiance if your a younger driver) Multicar.

On a side note does anyone know/use quicdo?? Is it worth me putting on a separate thread explaining what they do? I've coined about £200 off them for basically doing bugger all.

Join up to quidco too...........they're paying £45 cashback on Admiral (who are usually the cheapest in my experiance if your a younger driver) Multicar.

On a side note does anyone know/use quicdo?? Is it worth me putting on a separate thread explaining what they do? I've coined about £200 off them for basically doing bugger all.

I use it and try and get my mate to as well I've had about £350 in two years! Well worth it if you have the time to do it and remember to clear your cookies! :bang:

Great if you have the time to sign up for the stuff that's on a free trial and make £35 for nothing :lol:

use this process

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insura ... -insurance

its a bit of work but if you think, you could spend 2 hours doing this and save 300 quid, thats the equivilant of earning £150/hour for surfing the net ;)

I used this website last year and followed the suggested processes. I did it with car insurance for me and the missus, house insurance and 2 landlords policies. Ended up saving myself £1400 in 1 year on insurances alone.

I highly recommend using this website, he maybe very annoying but Martin Lewis knows his s^*t! ;)

Incidentally, I'm with flux too. Me and the missus (32 and 36) all mods declared and insured like for like £580 :)

Im with admiral, when my renweal cam round they had hiked my insurance up by over £100.

So i went out and got a couple of other quotes. Adjusted the value of the car based on current market value ( which is what the insurance company will pay out for! ) and hey presto got it about £50 below last years premium and still with admiral!

:teeth:

I'm coming away from Chris Knott now I'm afraid. They had to give me a hefty jump, even though I have had no change to circumstance ie no shunts, no tickets etc.

I've went through confused.com and got a quote with Admiral for less tham I'm paying currently. Would recommend the multi-car as that has dropped both mine and the missus Suzuki Sport considerably.

Confused.com is always good for a laugh too.

Guess what my highest quote was?? :)

Bradders.

use this process

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insura ... -insurance

its a bit of work but if you think, you could spend 2 hours doing this and save 300 quid, thats the equivilant of earning £150/hour for surfing the net ;)

He should probably mention putting someone else on your policy, I always put my dad on as a named driver and get a huge discount because of it (I'm 33 btw).

I couldn't believe the premium I got from Admiral...

I was paying £550 a year for a shitty beaten up SEAT Leon Diesel..... Tam was paying £100 less for her A3 diesel.

So I was a little worried about quotes for the Zed (obviously looked before I bought)

We NOW pay £700 a year for the Zed AND the A3! MUCHO recommend Admiral multicar! :yahoo:

Well...

Chris knott wont insure me as im not 30? ive had the car 2 years and im now 26?! weird.

Also i rang Elephant insurance and (mods included) i got it down to £693 which is about 800 quid cheaper than anyone.

But saying that i might be changing the car, so this may all be for nothing. :wacko:

I'm with Adrian Flux 1k for my insurance this time, i'm 24 no points etc.

All cosmetic mods can be added free of charge at anytime :)

Chris Knott have now changed the age to 30 so they wouldn't touch me.

I did shop around before I went with my current choice and saved £350 :thumbs: awesome

Good luck with the search

Well...

Chris knott wont insure me as im not 30? ive had the car 2 years and im now 26?! weird.

Also i rang Elephant insurance and (mods included) i got it down to £693 which is about 800 quid cheaper than anyone.

But saying that i might be changing the car, so this may all be for nothing. :wacko:

Did you try my company? TEL: 0208 3645500.