Expert opinion on this Z please.

gort

Hi Guys.

I missed out this weekend on buying a Z from a fellow member on here, so I've been on the hunt again and found this one....

http://www.dealer.autotrader.co.uk/26301/dlamb.htm (it's on the second page)

I've test driven the car and it seems OK, it doesn't look like it's had allot of hammer (the inside looks like new), but I'm not sure what the tell tail sign's are anyway :shrug:

It's not a GT,( which I'm not all that bothered about) but it as got the brembo brakes, looking at the service book it's last stamp was on the 29/3/08, when it had a P1.

it only as one key, is it expensive to buy another?.

Ill post some pics I took myself shortly.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good condition. Shame about the service history tho, will they do another service prior to new ownership, and get them too supply another key FOC naturally. :lol:

If your feeling the car is choosing you then buy it, if you have any doubts walk..Simples :wacko:

Have a look on here you will soon pick up on the obvious things to check out, doesn't look a bad price for a dealer, but it is quite basic spec without rays etc... I would be worried if it hasn't been serviced for 2 years, should be 9k or 12 months surely... Oh and keys are expensive so get them to sort you out another :thumbs:

I should point out for the record I am FAR from being an expert :blush:

Price is decent for the age/mileage, but as you know, it's not a GT so expect to struggle when you come to sell unless you price it cheeeeap.

Keys are pretty expensive, circa £200 IIRC.........

I'd ask the dealer to put it through a P3 at a dealer before purchase..........

Imo its good value from a dealer,pretty sure that its an import & not as advertised a uk car,spare key will be a couple of hundred,rays will be between £300-£500.

if it's a import wouldn't it have a square reg plate at the back?

Imo its good value from a dealer,pretty sure that its an import & not as advertised a uk car,spare key will be a couple of hundred,rays will be between £300-£500.

if it's a import wouldn't it have a square reg plate at the back?

It's a UK car not an import.

They said they would service it (just basic), and MOT it for a year,and 6 months road tax, also the radio as lost it's code but they will sort that for me,

and there's not much tread on the back tyres, but they only said they would replace them if it was gonna fail the MOT on that point.

I tried to get them down on price but they wont budge. (yet!)

They said they would service it (just basic), and MOT it for a year,and 6 months road tax, also the radio as lost it's code but they will sort that for me,

and there's not much tread on the back tyres, but they only said they would replace them if it was gonna fail the MOT on that point.

I tried to get them down on price but they wont budge. (yet!)

Mate some stealers are selling utter shash at the mo and simply won't move on the price. I had a ridiculous incident where I went mad and offered full price for an utter dog of a Zed (abs jammed on and all sorts!) - all I asked for was refurb on the alloys and ABS problem sorted - he told me to get bent and sold it within 12 hours!

It sounds like it really needs a P3 doing to be honest. Doesn't sound like a bad car but I personally don't think your getting an good deal......similarly your not getting ripped off.

I thought it was an import for some reason but just stopped short of mentioning it.....I wonder why both of us thought it was? :shrug:

If it hasn't seen a dealer in nearly three years, you might want to check consuambales such as pads, disks, clutch wear, clicky axles, synchro mesh etc etc..

I'm not all that mechanically minded, how would I check the pads (other than taking the brake assembly to bits), and like I said it seems slip into the gears smoothly.

Take someone who knows a bit about motors with you,when i buy a motor i get them to drive it to anywhere with a ramp(kwik fit&give them a drink) and have a good look under it,take the carpet ans spare out & ceck all seem for repair,same under the bonnet,check all wings,door shuts,hatch & make sure all the gaps are the same,ckeck tyres for uneven wear,long test drive& hpi it.

being a non GT, will it be cheaper to insure?

and also what's the extras if it's a GT.

GT comes with cruise control, leather seat, brembos and uprated BOSE.

All UK cars have brembo's, its not part of the GT pack.

I would get a P3 done even if they dont do it. All they'll do is change the oil.