Just bought a roadster for my wife

JetSet

Took the roadster out to get a few things from the supermarket. A bit alarmed to see the computer reading 21.6 mpg, I'm hoping the last owner did a lot of town driving!! Car originated in Chelmsford so I'm guessing MPG will be better here in rural Wales. Main difference I noticed was lack of torque, came to a double filter junction at 65 in top and when I put my foot down to slot in..nothing much happened. Other than that, only minor differences that you'd get in any 2 cars of the same model. Just like my coupe it has a clunky first to second gear change, not as noticeable but definitely there. Sounds a bit sweeter than mine, especially with the top down :D Buzzed it up to 85 briefly and it felt rock solid, no vibrations, best thing was though it definitely drew more admiring glances :lol:

Pete

Took the roadster out to get a few things from the supermarket. A bit alarmed to see the computer reading 21.6 mpg, I'm hoping the last owner did a lot of town driving!! Car originated in Chelmsford so I'm guessing MPG will be better here in rural Wales. Main difference I noticed was lack of torque, came to a double filter junction at 65 in top and when I put my foot down to slot in..nothing much happened. Other than that, only minor differences that you'd get in any 2 cars of the same model. Just like my coupe it has a clunky first to second gear change, not as noticeable but definitely there. Sounds a bit sweeter than mine, especially with the top down :D Buzzed it up to 85 briefly and it felt rock solid, no vibrations, best thing was though it definitely drew more admiring glances :lol:

Pete

Totally agree the exhaust note really does sound sweeter with the roof down and it's a Great car to pose it. Not that I do that at all honest.....I had the roof down on mine on the m4 at 9am this morning as it was so sunny. Any excuse lol. Hope you get a few nice days weather to enjoy it before the winter hits in :(

It's probably been stood for a while I used to get about 28 around town and 32-34 on motorway? How can you have less torque?? It was redesign to have more even spread of torque? Had shed loads more than Lucys 2002 import anyway?

Go for a few good blasts out in it to clear it's nose :thumbs:

It's probably been stood for a while I used to get about 28 around town and 32-34 on motorway? How can you have less torque?? It was redesign to have more even spread of torque? Had shed loads more than Lucys 2002 import anyway?

Go for a few good blasts out in it to clear it's nose :thumbs:

Yeah, you could be right, when we first started it up it blew out lots of condensation, the amount you would expect on a cold winters morning, salesman said it had been standing "for a few days", yeah right. To be honest I need to drive the car a bit more to understand it ,a few thousand miles should do it :lol:

Cheers,

Pete

That car should have loads of "torque", it's from Essex :lol:

Pete