Plenum Spacers - Project

MattMe

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry - I've been working in Cambodia recently.

The project is at the point where I've found a small business to make the gaskets for me, and I've alerady got the metal fabrication lined up. Currenntly on Mk2 of the required CAD drawings for the spacer, gaskets and nylon spacer as the first wasn't quite as I wanted. Also have the material on order for the nylon washers, and have quotes for the required bolts and other bits and pieces.

So it's just a matter of pushing it all forwards again now I'm back.

I hadn't anticipated it taking this long, and I appologise for the delay. Didn't realise there was a time scale in which people would be interested.

The project is certainly 'off the ground' and is making steady progress, but fitting it in around work, travel and other personal issues I could not have known about have pushed back my original (rather optimistic) dead line. :blush:

I hope people appreciate I am trying to help the forum members by offering a quality Motordyne alternative at almost half the cost, with minimal profit for myself.

Perhaps that's why these projects 'never get off the ground'?

If there are still 12 people interested I will continue with the project as planned. If not I guess I should cut my losses now :shrug:

:headhurt:

It's hard work pushing projects of this size through round work time , my rear indicators have been on hold for months for various reasons and it feels like it drags sometimes but will be worth it when everyone gets thiers sorted :D hang in there people :thumbs:

Kl I'm bk in but the latest I can wait is mid January will be going for tuning in feb :thumbs:

Never heard the dragons say that before!

;)

It's fair enough mate, I'm not trying to hold anyone to it, I just don't want ot go and make 12 or 15 of these things and end up £1000+ in debt! Preferably.

I'll make some phone calls tonight, see whats what.

so no difference on an 06 onwards then ? :blink:

From what I've heard the spacer will make a difference on the 06 onwards engine, only it has an even better effect when paired with a lower plenum (MREV2?) as well, which is more similar to the pre 06 engine. If that makes sense?

I've read on here recently of someone with an 06 fitting a plenum spacer as advised by Abbey, so I guess they must do something.

My opinion would be that you are still increasing the air flow over the front chambers and increasing the amount of air in the plenum so it should improve the performance and condition of the front two cylinders/sparks.

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
hi there, been looking into plenum spacers, [not literally ] discovered your thread, are you making+ selling these still as, i would be interested in a purchase, cheers. russ, [springer 21]

This thread died along time ago. These come up from time to time and they usually come to nothing. Horsham developments make them, motordyne are available from Tarmac sports and the motordyne iso thermal is available from alex