7000 miles in 3 years

Raymondo

Guys,

I'm thinking of buying a 2007 car with only 7000 miles on the clock. The mileage is genuine and I know the guys daily commute of 0.75 miles as he goes past my house. I'm just a bit worried that the engine might be wrecked due to never getting warmed up.

What does the panel think?

Cheers

Boyd

His "commute" is only 1100 miles over 3 years, so he's done 6000 "real miles" - as long as you check the exhaust isn't rotted from the inside due to condensation and look in the oil filler for any sludge you should be OK. If you are worried atall, get an AA Inspection complete with guarantee :thumbs:

short trips like that can lead to the condense in the exhaust and rocker covers not to dry the most important thing is look inside the oil filler cap if there is any milky substance or thick grimy oil the engine needs an oil change quick. As for the exhaust you will never be able to tell but when you look under the rear of the car don't be surprised to see surface rust on everything these Zed's for some reason don't hold up like most cars.

I'd walk away and find something slightly more used. At just 6K miles there might be a host of gremlins waiting to strike.

It is a worry but on the plus side the car is absolutely immaculate and I could possibly use the excessively low mileage to knock them down (a lot). The other thing that I am not totally sure about is the colour which is "grey". I'd prefer Azure Blue, Silver or Black. Again on the plus side the single owner from new is a mature non-smoker who lives in a very nice area so obviously has plenty of money to maintain the car. It has 3 service stamps from Nissan which I believe is a FNSH.

get it checked by independent and see if the service's have included engind flush.....then take it for a nice long run :teeth:

I was concerned buying mine for the same reason - 20k and five years old - it had spent its life pootling round Essex- but fingers xd - no issues have arisen due to its relative lack of use prior to me owning it. :thumbs:

Internal corrosion as stated would be my only concern - the engine is pretty bomb proof anyway so no need to worry there. If its still had the service done then happy days!

Get it and get onto all the club runs you can that will sort the mileage out :lol:

Mines a 55 plate, reg'd 2006, with 8,500 on the clock, just delivery miles when I got it. Lack of use and miles can cause the brakes to pit and the battery to fail prematurely other than that no problems. Mine's still on the original exhaust, tyres, etc, inside it's like new, still smells like a new car.

Pete