need some legal advice

350 Russ

bit of a long story. 2 of my mates (one of which i rent a house with) gave 3 known criminals (only been out of prison 3 weeks, complete scum) a lift on saturday night to a pub which is 2 miles up the road, halfway there there started an argument and beat up on of my mates not the one who i live with who wasnt driving. the car was stopped and he got a kicking but managed to get away, whilst my mate who was driving was forced to remain in the car, after that he was kidnapped and had his car taken off of him and forced to sit in the back between the 2 of the 3 P**cks. he was slapped, Punched, told if he looks at them then he will be shot and all night implying that they had guns. they dropped him off at his parents house after about 4 hours and told if he tells the police they will come back and 'deal with anyone in there' and drove off in his car. he called the police straight away and one of them was caught in his car at 3 in the morning and the other 2 were picked up by the police around the same time. the were refused bail on monday and there court date for crown court is in november.

What i need the advice about is the so called mate who took a kicking has just retracted his statement coz he needs to think of his kids apparently, so its my mate i live withs word against the 3 others. what are the odds that at least 2 of them are going to be released? im seriously thinking of moving back in with my folks now, if they find out where we live and they do get out then i really dont want to think about whats going to happen.

hmmm, i can see why he retracted his statement but i don't agree with him doing it. why the hell even be involved with people like that in the first place. If it were me i would get the f*** away from them. get out of there.

+1

Tell your mate to grow a pair and see it through. What kind of example does he want to set for his kids, that you can do whatever you want as long as you're prepared to be violent? Yeah, great example. He'll be looking over his shoulder regardless of what happens now, so he might as well do the right thing.

Slightly less extreme situation but take Demolition49's recent incident with the bump he had and the tool jumping out telling him to get back in his car and then driving off......if everyone who goes round doling out threats gives there way they'll just be able to get away with anything.

Your mate who's bottled it is not testifiing against your other mate to say 'that didn't happen' but it won't do the case any good and the defence lawyer will probably latch on to the fact that the statement was retracted.

Not that its your problem but your mate who you live with would probably appreciate some support though this too...bolting back to your ma and pa's may seem a little harsh but obviously none of us know your situation and how bad these scummy gits are.

they really are scum! i wouldnt put anything past them, if they do come back and i give them a kicking then they will keep coming back until someone ends up dead. i know my mate needs some support but hes also worried about them going to his mums and if i do stay here then i have my girlfriend to worry about if they come round when shes home then shes getting dragged into it. im not involved at the moment unless they come round and try anything then all my family have got to worry aswell.

I cant describe how livid i am with the mate who retracted his statement, i spoke to him earlier and called him every name under the sun. its him that knew them in the first place and they approached him about the lift. conveniently hes moving away to cornwall or devon in a month or so it wont be his problem. what a w****r, and weve all been mates for 20 years! thanks alot!

Sounds like both of you need to bolt before you get embroiled in some sort of scene out of 'Training Day'.

Sad as it is your quite right. You just can't put anything, past anyone these days.........you could go a bit lock stock and 2 smoking barrells.....move out of your flat and sub-let it to some really nasty evil criminals - when your car jacking crew come round they'll have a right nice surprise whilst you watch events from your new pad accross the street :snack:

TBH as a police officer all i can say is CPS dont run alot of things even when there so clear to everyone !!!!

I dont understand they got refused bail on thursday ? ? ?

Have they gone straight back to prison ? ? ?

If so they would be out with some sort of conditions or out on license

Its very hard to run if its one word against the other but im sure the officers in the case will run bad character

So no one will no the outcome till the officers get in touch with CPS ( Crown Prosecution Service )

Tell your mate to contact the officers as they should be updating him as the case progresses

And if you have worries tell them they will give you all the support you should need !!

Your mate should have been explained all the special measures we can put in place to help get his evidence...

like screens in court so they cant see your identity, voice masking , giving evidence from a court in another district....the list goes on

Also your mate can be ordered to court if they feel they need his evidence !!!! ( even after he has retracted )

TBH as a police officer all i can say is CPS dont run alot of things even when there so clear to everyone !!!!

I dont understand they got refused bail on thursday ? ? ?

Have they gone straight back to prison ? ? ?

If so they would be out with some sort of conditions or out on license

Its very hard to run if its one word against the other but im sure the officers in the case will run bad character

So no one will no the outcome till the officers get in touch with CPS ( Crown Prosecution Service )

they were refused bail on monday at magistrates. there currently in wood hill on remand. i was told that they were going to appeal on friday but there should be no chance of them getting it by a police officer. i know for a fact that one of them was on a tag when he was arrested.

Also your mate can be ordered to court if they feel they need his evidence !!!! ( even after he has retracted )

thanks for that im glad to hear it! im still out of here though just incase they have mates on the outside

My Girlfriend takes scum like this to prison but they always laugh it off as they will probably get a 1yr sentence then only do half. If they are scum like you said even if they go inside for a short period off time im sure they will have other friends who will come round and do the dirty work for them. Get out of there while you can mate.