Top Gear Crash a 370Z :-D

slimjim

That was not the 370 driver's fault - having replayed the vid several times the Corsa driver makes a definte right turn into the rear quarter of the 370 and thats what took them both out.

OK so the 370 did touch the rear of the Corsa just before the 'incident' but that looked to all the world to like a deliberate side-swipe by the Corsa driver in retaliation and although the 370 driver says he outbraked himself quite why he felt it was his fault I can only guess.......

I think it was the corsas fault, he was behind and didnt have to turn in to hit the 370.

Not impressed by the way the Z was being driven though, looked like he was out for a sunday drive and could have carried more speed through the corners

I think it was the corsas fault, he was behind and didnt have to turn in to hit the 370.

Not impressed by the way the Z was being driven though, looked like he was out for a sunday drive and could have carried more speed through the corners

The commentator blamed the Z, the Corsa driver blamed the Z and the Z driver blamed himself both verbally and by using the universal "i'm sorry" gesture in car.

What more do you want FFS? :)

He outbraked himself going in to the last corner. I'm sure you could have driven it a lot better though. :thumbs:

This corner is quite a commitment and he just got it a fraction of a second wrong.

The commentator blamed the Z, the Corsa driver blamed the Z and the Z driver blamed himself both verbally and by using the universal "i'm sorry" gesture in car.

Agreed, those things all happened, but in my opinion watching that, that was clearly the Corsa's fault!!

What more do you want FFS? :)

He outbraked himself going in to the last corner. I'm sure you could have driven it a lot better though. :thumbs:

This corner is quite a commitment and he just got it a fraction of a second wrong.

i don't know what my driving ability has to do with this? ;)

Yes the 370 got it wrong but was along side anyway, if he'd got the braking right the corsa would have had to back off or go in to the side of the 370. I said the 370 driver didn't look that hot, and I'm not standing up for him, but I don't see that the corsa needed to turn in when there was obviously a car there! if the 370 has outbraked himself, let him go off the track and take himself out the race.

Agreed, those things all happened, but in my opinion watching that, that was clearly the Corsa's fault!!

Even though the Z driver SAID IT WAS HIS FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol:

I give up. :surrender:

Anyway, going on Friday to Castle Combe so I'll see if I can replicate going in to Avon/Camp Corner at 120 mph. :drive1

Both to blame IMHO. Yes, the 370Z clearly outbraked himself, but the Corsa should have been aware of where he was and not looking blindly into the distance. Had he done so and lifted slightly, the Zed would've carried on into the grass and the Corsa would've had a straight bit of road to play with.

Easier said than done when looking back rather than in the middle of a red-mist battle mid-race though.

Anyway, going on Friday to Castle Combe so I'll see if I can replicate going in to Avon/Camp Corner at 120 mph. :drive1

Just keep well away from me!!

:lol::lol:

You'll be alright. We will only be doing about 80-90 mph coming in to this and with your extra horses, I expect you to be taking me on the inside every time. :thumbs:

:lol::lol:

You'll be alright. We will only be doing about 80-90 mph coming in to this and with your extra horses, I expect you to be taking me on the inside every time. :thumbs:

I'll just use my turbo boost button and jump over you.

Is the not the most concerning thing that the corsa kept up with the 370z all the way round?

Not at all. Different cars getting a similar result in different ways.

I did 120 miles (65 laps) at Castle Combe yesterday against various others (Subaru Impreza, Focus ST, Golf GTi, Rover GTi, Opel Manta, Porsche 928S4) and you never know what someone's got. Easily left the Subaru and ST behind (guess novice drivers) and the best tussles were with the Golf and the Rover until the Golf blew up showering engine bits and oil everywhere. :blush: