Fresh ink in the sun - 2 weeks enough to heal!

Ricey

I'm having the final sitting on my tattoo tomorrow (12 hours later and I can safely say I'm DONE with tattoos!).....however I'm going away on the 17th to Cuba.

Aside from the fact its Hurricane season and I'm more likely to be blown to my death than sunburned does anyone know if the requirement to stay out of direct sunlight and the pool is just until its healed or should it be longer.

I can't really be doing with flying 9 hours to hide under an umberella with a t-shirt on.......or in tthe more likely case - be airlifted from a partially submerged hotel thats just been tw@@ed by hurricane Cyril with a t-shirt on. :bounce:

I had mine finished 2 weeks or so before I went to Turkey and it managed to survive 40 degrees heat....Aslong as you keep the bepanthen applied 24/7 during the healing process you should be fine....obv keep the suncream topped up during the break in the hurricanes....Regarding the pool, unless the scabs have completely come away (naturally of course-no picking!!) Id recommend staying out of it. What ya getting done mate?

Yikes! This is not going to go down well with the missus!

I've had a Fallen Angel based very closely on the picture on this link accross about half of my back and an old tribal recoloured and expanded across the top of my back and shoulders.....it kind of all got a bit out of hand! :scare:

http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=fallen%20angel&order=9&offset=0&offset=48#/dorbm7

I'm on my 6th sitting now and the last 5 have all been healed within 2 weeks perfectly......I might just bag up some of that factor 2000 total block that you use on kiddies (well provided you have kids and your not just a bit odd) to cover the tat.

Get it done when you come back? :shrug:

Good shout but its a 2 month wait for a sitting and I look like a right tit at the min because she literally cut dead half way though the colouring of the tribal!...........I'm half coloured in! :doh:

buy a couple of t shirts

meh, everyone whos got half a brain cell would be able to see its unfinished, unless you're posing for a magazine shoot :lol:

MAYBE I AM!!!!!!!!! no....no I'm not :p

Mate I'm going to a place where about 1000 other idiots have booked a holiday dead bang in the middle of hurricane season.....brain cells will not be in abundance. Doesn't say a lot for me like but I blame peer pressure from the missus to go on holiday!

I'll see what she says tomorrow....provided I can speak through the pain! Shoulder blades dude........unpleasent beyond all imaginable belief!

:worthless:

surely the artist took a piccy?

Not yet. I'll get the missus to take one tomorrow after she's had the joy of washing the gore off for me :lol:

In a rather unprecidented bout of organisation I even remembered to take a 'before' picture a few months ago!

......I'll check with my agent to make sure they can go in the public domain.......no....no I haven't got an agent

I wouldn't worry about the hurricane season, I've been at this time of year and qweather was fine, chatting to the locals they said it was normal for glorious weather that time of year and only very infrequently is there storm weather that actually stops the nice weather.

Even when there is a storm it doesn't matter too much, we were in a massive electrical storm one evening and it was very pretty and left the beach looking even better in the morning!

i would defo wait if it was me (i dont have any tats) i do know someone who got a new tat had it for a few weeks, went out to Spain, did his best to keep it out of the sun put sun block on etc.. then fell asleep on the beach and it went all patchy so he had to have it freshened up!

I know I know! Its like buying a Zed.....I'm impatient and want it now!!!!! No waiting eveeeeeeerrrrrrr! :wacko:

Think I may of possibly left it too late to cancel now.....doh.

I'll see what she says tomorrow. Worst comes to worst I'll just have to keep a t-shirt on. It'll deffo be healed up at least (last sitting has healed up totally and that was only 2 weeks ago) good old bepanthan.