Hello from a newb!

Just thought I'd post a quick hello now I'm got my Zed!

I have to admit I lurked around on here a bit to soak up as much info as possibile before buying the car, but now I've got it, I couldn't wait to join!

I've just picked up my UK 04 Blade Silver GT, with the Rays alloys and the Nismo N1 spoiler after several weeks of searching, - a big thanks to Imi in Stockport for looking after it so well! It seems to have a couple of the well discussed issues (skipping CD, two-handed boot opening and weak gas struts on the bootlid) so first job after cleaning it is to see if the counterweight is still in the boot...

Photos to follow when she's clean!

I'm based in Shrewsbury, Shropshire and have seen a coule of Zeds around locally - both drivers very friendly and waved/flashed straight away!

Welcome to the world of :Ds Memories of my first ZED which was a UK04 Blade (silver) one :thumbs:

You should break her in by joining us for the welsh weekend on 18 / 19th September - check the events threads :)

Good shout Will - just thundered around the M54 last Sunday and Wednesday to sort the routes for that weekend so I know you are not far Matt from our base at Moreton - click on the link in my sig for more details. Be good to see you there ;)

Thanks for all your kind welcomes!

Have spent a good few hours cleaning it today! Here's some pics...

Managed to remove the boot lid counter weight, which has solved the two-handed opening problem without the need for pennies/washers, but the boot struts still aren't quite holding the boot open. Should I get them re-gassed/uprated.... any advice?

4942317618_9f68f3bb74.jpg

30082010130 by mattcritchley, on Flickr

4942319862_e9ed4b3918.jpg

30082010135 by mattcritchley, on Flickr

4941734889_ac3d0989cb.jpg

30082010134 by mattcritchley, on Flickr

4942320824_7552116151.jpg

30082010132 by mattcritchley, on Flickr

4942318874_a7bd46c310.jpg

30082010136 by mattcritchley, on Flickr

4942318252_bb3b6a6b3d.jpg

30082010137 by mattcritchley, on Flickr

Next task :drive1

Welcome aboard Mattski, that looks like a cracking Zed you've got hold of B)

If you get a chance I'd recommend meeting up with some of the guys at the September meet as you'll be able to ask loads of questions, get loads of feedback and introduce yourself to a a great bunch of guys and gals :)