Thinking Of Using Public Transport

Demolition49

I feel as if after only 2 and a half months of Z ownership im overusing the car racking up just over 3000 miles.... (i had a 1 month holiday in this period too!!!!)

Its not the fuel or service costs that bother me, i dont want to have a Z with 100k miles before i know it!

So i thought hey perhaps i should cut back on the Z driving pointlessly in to work with it and back just use it as a weekender...

HMM... school kids playing music on thier phone... :dry: bus, train or Z?

Personally I think people can read too much in to mileage - but I appreciate that it can affect resale value. I've racked up 30K in 2.5 years or ownership. I even considered buying an old banger to get me about to keep Zed mileage down, but then the Zed basically becomes a very expensive toy and I'd have to start considering which journeys I should or shouldn't use it on.

My Zed will definitely hit the 100K mark under my ownership, but I'll have loved every mile of it. And if the car is well looked after and properly maintained then I see no reason why it won't do another 100K!

Of course, it depends on how those first 100K have been conducted! :)

i guess your all right, it just seems such a shame to put so many miles on the Z which when i bought had 13k on it :lol:

i may consider getting an old banger though, which does have its advantages I.E dont worry about parking it up in car parks or getting hit in a crash etc...

and alessandro its not that bad in london unless your in central london, plus i know all the backroad routes :teeth:

Exact same boat bought my on 21,000 now on 43,000 only had it a year!!! fun year though!!now ride a bicycle to work this year try and cut down on that mileage, haha both tyres got puncture so riding round is a mission...would rather spend money on z! is nice though when you dont drive it for few days then jump back in,get that feeling all over again.Dont drive banger you'll get in it thinking its a zed and understeer into a bush

I feel as if after only 2 and a half months of Z ownership im overusing the car racking up just over 3000 miles.... (i had a 1 month holiday in this period too!!!!)

Its not the fuel or service costs that bother me, i dont want to have a Z with 100k miles before i know it!

So i thought hey perhaps i should cut back on the Z driving pointlessly in to work with it and back just use it as a weekender...

HMM... school kids playing music on thier phone... :dry: bus, train or Z?

:scare:

I started to look at sheds on Pistonheads......

started with early model Golfs, then Mk1 Golf GTi's, and before I knew it I was pricing up TVR T350's and Noble M12's!

Pistonheads is dangerous.

But yeah, Sheds not Public Transport!