Cleared Foglight

BulletMagnet

Done it today and it was easy(-ish)

Didn't even take the whole bumper off either...

Before...

fog02.jpg

Rear lights off and bumper loosened on the right side only...

fog01.jpg

And light cluster off...

fog03.jpg

Ahhhh....you will look different soon...

fog04.jpg

Oven time...

fog05.jpg

And back on the car...

fog06.jpg

There shall be (Fog)light...

fog07.jpg

Up close...(left the metal reflector in)

fog08.jpg

Looks much better than standard.

Thanks for Gervais finding the bulbs and selling them to forum members :thumbs:

Hmmm ...

I've been tempted to have a go at this for a while now but just have this feeling that I'm going to end up completely melting my light ...

Is there any reason that you left the reflector in the cluster?

Does it look any different to the opposite side with the reflector in?

Hmmm ...

I've been tempted to have a go at this for a while now but just have this feeling that I'm going to end up completely melting my light ...

Is there any reason that you left the reflector in the cluster?

Does it look any different to the opposite side with the reflector in?

I too was tempted by this for a long time too, even had the bulb on my eBay watchlist and it got relisted like 5 times, lol

And when Gervais found his lying about and had sold one already, I couldn't wait any longer.

Look at the pic and you'll see that the difference is that the ex-foglight is a little "shinier" with the reflector in.

The only reason I left it in was that if it was actually needed, then it might focus the light a little more and shoot it out the back so to speak.

• 11 months later...
That eBay seller has a real good rep and you could prolly source all your LED bulbs you'll ever need from him.

I think I'll have to get off my lazy bum and measure the size festoon bulbs needed to brighten the interior domelight

I did mine the other day!

Bought them from Amazon, great WHITE light from them. :thumbs:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/269-Extreme-Pow ... B001W13PKS

• 9 months later...

I did mine the other day!

Bought them from Amazon, great WHITE light from them. :thumbs:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/269-Extreme-Pow ... B001W13PKS

Any problems with fusing the circuit when fitting these type? Have heard a few stories. Also do the lights as they are LEDs operate slightly different for example do they dim down after a certain time like the OEM lights? Cheers

That type of festoon bulb won't fuse, it's just the one's that have a metal square in the centre part where the bulb is that MAY fuse. I have 12 led festoon bulbs in the dome light, but the led's are mounted on a circuit so no risk of fusing.

The led's act a little different, they appear to dim slightly then switch right off, unlike the standard bulbs that dim right the way down.

nice.. where did you get your blue LEDs from?

are they technically illegal; do you know/show use only? im not too bothered just curious, its easy to just turn off as and when to avoid the old bill if necassary :lol:

Haven’t noticed this little project before, :blush: which looks great by the way. What do you do once the unit is opened? Is there a red internal reflector you have to remove, then replace it with a red led ? and how do you reseal the unit again once finished??

Sorry to be a pain but Id like to have a go at this one.