350z Big Build progress thread.

Rikki

So I purchased myself a 2003 350z on Sunday. Nice car apart from the bodywork which had been neglected a little, also think it has had a tap on the front at some point as the bumper had a terrible respray and the radiator support panel was broken. So here is how I got her-

04082010227.jpg

04082010228.jpg

04082010229.jpg

04082010230.jpg

04082010231.jpg

04082010232.jpg

04082010233.jpg

I decided to have a little clean up under the bonnet-

Before

02082010224.jpg

02082010225.jpg

After

02082010226.jpg

I then set about removing the front bumper to reveal the radiator support panel.

04082010237.jpg

Took the panel out and gave the whole area a good clean. Just going to order the replacement part so I can continue. All small bits at the moment just sorting out any bits that need replacing etc before I set about transforming the Zed. I have done a quick photoshop of what I am aiming for. Comments and suggestions welcome :thumbs:

350zAim.jpg

Genuine Veilside V3 Front Bumper, Rear Bumper, Sideskirts, Over Fenders and Carbon Wing.

Carbon Fibre Bonnet, Front Fenders, Doors, Roof, A pillars, B pillars and Tailgate.

Tinted Rear Light Clusters, Smoked Headlight overlays.

Plus a few other changes.

Hope you like.

Thanks

Rikki

personally i hate the veilside kit with a passion so its not going to get my vote, thats personal opinion though.

trying to be constructive;

the carbon door doesnt flow to the back like you'd expect it to, just as it reaches the door handle i'd expect the colour to swoop back following the contour of the wheel arch.

the bolt holes on the wide arch kit really need filled and smoothed to make it look right, others have done this on here in the past but it leads to difficulties if you need to take the arch off and also ends up cracking when driven.

im not a fan off the wheels there, they look to fiddly for a two tone car breaking up the simple yin yang look

legally you wont be able to black the covers out on the headlights, however, the internals of a set of post 06 lights can be blacked out as they are projectors, will give the look shown there without the need to put nasty tint on them. maybe matte black internals.

on the headlights you could get the stick on carbon bits that let the line flow round with the bonnet

having no side indicator may get you pulled

thats all i could think of :shrug: it just doesnt look right to me in the PS there :blush::blush:

Also, can anyone remember what the other topic that this car appeared in was? I cant find it and have been searching for 10 minutes!!

I remember crying a little when I saw it :byebye: Can't believe its ended up on here :lol:

Is it a CATD ? Definately looks like its been in a smash..

Personally I think the Chargespeed kit is nicer than the Veilside, I like the flared arches tho :thumbs:

Them tail lights make me sad :(.

Im feeling sick and angry looking at those tail lights! Thats some bad taste there!! :thumbdown::nono:

Rikki mate, all the best with the build! I cant see the photo of what you plan for it to look like? not sure why? but all the best restoring this shameful Zed! :thumbs: looking forward to seeing progress threads!

Thanks for the comments guys, I accidentally deleted the picture on Photobucket but have put it back up now :bangin: . I know the Veilside kit is not to everyones taste, but I like it and Im only building the car for myself :D I'm not really going for the two tone look, the Carbon will look different under natural sunlight compared to the PS version I done, so hopefully will look good. I was considering the Carbon rear quarters but liked the idea of keeping them white to break up that half and half (two tone) look. As for the wheels I am undecided yet, just found these and put them on the Photoshop as a quick thing. But other than all of that she will be returned to her former glory after clearly not starting off life so great :thumbdown: . Keep the comments coming

Carbon wrapping could be used to good effect on your project if you like the look of it. You could do the whole car in it. Andy built a matte black Veilside and it worked.

Yh I have been looking at the wrapping aswell, its quite effective. Is there any pics of the Matte Black Veilside?

Carbon wrapping could be used to good effect on your project if you like the look of it. You could do the whole car in it. Andy built a matte black Veilside and it worked.

Yh I have been looking at the wrapping aswell, its quite effective. Is there any pics of the Matte Black Veilside?

Have a search bud.

It was owned by Andy so search his posts. Also search Cfoster as he wrapped a complete Zed in CF vinyl.

Good luck to you mate........ a project is always fun :thumbs: I am not a massive fan of the wheels or wing. Best veilside imo was zedrush's B) Search badbreed 350z on google...... you should find it fairly easily :thumbs:

Good luck to you mate........ a project is always fun :thumbs: I am not a massive fan of the wheels or wing. Best veilside imo was zedrush's B) Search badbreed 350z on google...... you should find it fairly easily :thumbs:

I was going to buy this car when it was for sale not long ago.. It has the big wing on it now and needed some paintwork. Then I saw the thread on here about it being involved in a hit etc.

Looking at those pictures Im liking the idea of the kit without the wing.. Looks cleaner.

Wow, quite a transformation you're planning! Not a fan of Veilside myself but it's your car so do what feels right for you. However, I think that 2 tone look with carbon looks absolutely awesome in you pic!! Can't wait to see how this progresses :)

Thanks mate. I am also looking forward to it all coming together.

Ive seen this car parked up in slough aswell...looked an absolute mess!

Best of luck with getting it back to its former glory bud :thumbs:

There is a trader on here thats got wheels very similar to the ones in your photoshop for sale btw :)

Also just noticed your in Uxbridge so if you need any help or info im only down the road in Northwood :thumbs: