New Zed Owner

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to stop by and say a quick hi to all! After 3 years of living in Dublin (car limbo) I am moving back to the UK and in the end decided to get the 350z I have wanted for ages.

At the moment the car is based in the Stansted area, but when my move comes through I will be down Bournemouth way permanently

Below are some pics of the new car!

P1030358.jpg

P1030357.jpg

P1030355.jpg

On a more technical note, when I hit the accelerator from about 3-4k revs I hear this whining noise (until the roar of the engine drowns it out)

I think it is most noticeable cruising in 6th gear, if I get the engine above 3k the whine kicks in. Now the car is still well within warrenty, but i wanted to check with you guys first to see if it is defo something that needs checking out

Anyway, thanks lads

Rob

:welcome: hope you get to enjoy her soon.

wooohooo. Transfer is rolling on. Apparently the interview (last Tues) went real well and the offer is going up the ladder for approval! Should be in the UK by last week in August! :drunk:

Looking forward to all the :drive1

Thanks again for all the warm welcomes guys. Looking forward to being more active on teh forum and maybe making some events

Thanks guys, that was my first attempt at cleaning - car is kept at my mums house and she has A LOT of doves!!!

Since then I have read the guides on here, think my next clean will be a lot more involved!!!!!!! :teeth:

Sounds like you need a car cover, not that will help too much for the flighted ones liquid visiting cards. :dummy:

Thanks guys, that was my first attempt at cleaning - car is kept at my mums house and she has A LOT of doves!!!

Since then I have read the guides on here, think my next clean will be a lot more involved!!!!!!! :teeth:

Sounds like you need a car cover, not that will help too much for the flighted ones liquid visiting cards. :dummy:

that or a shot gun, but my mum wouldnt be too impressed with that approach :angry:

only a few weeks and it will be away from there, guess there a few more hours fun for me before then :clap:

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update on the status of the "noise" coming from my car

my mums husband was kind enough to take my car to the dealers and take the master technician for a drive. After which they acknowledged that there was a noise that was audible in most of the gears and they took the car in. They ran some diagnostics tests and decided it was my diff making the noise and have ordered the new part which should be in on the 18th.

My question is, would the diff be making this whine noise and if it is should the diff be damaged on a 58 plate with a little over 7k on the clock?

The dealer i got it from is part of a nissan chain and it was bought from and part ex'd back to the same chain.