Do you think this Z has had a knock ? UPDATE!

jollyranchers

If the guy is a guenuine registered trader he is not allowed to sell cat c/d cars , if however you think the car has had a knock he will have nothing to hide and give you the contact details of the last person who owned it for you check it out :D

your peace of mind eh :thumbs:

and it looks a tidy Z

Ste .

Mine's silver and to be honest every panel looks the wrong colour if I catch it at a funny angle so it could be the camera. I must admit, most silver Zed's I've seen seem to appear to different coloured bumper's to a slight degree - it is often the appearance of the same paint on plastic versus metal. Since I have had mine, I have started noticing the difference between the metal and plastic on loads of new cars - Audi's and Vauxhall's in particular.

I know other's will disagree, but for me, most second hand cars you buy need something doing to them. As long as it's not major and just tidying up I'm not too fussed. Given the style of the Zed, I would almost expect that the front bumper on an almost 7 year old car will have been resprayed, whether it be because of chips, scratches or a minor knock, so if it is out, it could just need re-seating.

It looks to me as though the driver foot well carpet has a patch of some sort over the top (unless it is a very small mat), but again it doesn't take much for carpet to get worn.

What I would say is I don't think the dealer pay's much attention to their ads:

"MOT-10-2010" and "12 MONTHS MOT"

"BREMBOW BRAKES"

"5 SPOKE ALLOYS" - anyone can see they are 6 spoke Rays

Go and have a look anyway if it's close, you have nothing to lose.

if you have a look at the drivers front wing it

doesnt seem in line with the bonnet ?

The panel looks fine. More a trick of the light. The left side profile photo is a little odd, hard to see with any clarity what the passengers side looks like.

350's are very commonly known for the difference in panel colour, between the plastic bumpers/A pillar cover/sills, being a marginally different colour to the metal bonnet/hatch/arches/doors due to the way they're painted. Depends on the light as to weather it's obvious or not. The brighter and lighter coloured ones usually being the more obvious.

It looks to me as though the driver foot well carpet has a patch of some sort over the top (unless it is a very small mat), but again it doesn't take much for carpet to get worn.

That black plastic mat is part of the carpet, it is supposed to be there :)

That black plastic mat is part of the carpet, it is supposed to be there :)

Mine doesn't have one! I wish it did as the carpet has started to wear where the previous owner didn't use a mat. Did they stop having these in the facelift models?

Mine is a UK 04 and has one Though I do have Z mats.

Looks like they removed it:

2005 - http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1869582.htm

2009 - http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1772529.htm

Thats a strange descision on design. Still, makes my dilemma about a fix easier. £680 for a new carpet at Chorley Nissan (I know I could get cheaper scrap etc) or a rubber mat stiched in which my trimmer said he would do for £20 :)

well went to have a look this morning

the car itself was not too bad , rays needed a refurb , paint was original bar front bumper and the passenger rear quarter has been sprayed at some point which were no biggys (picked up with my paint thickness guage !)

however the service history got me worried

2 owners

1st was nissan main dealer was an ex demonstator , the car did 27,000 miles in 1 year 3 months

in two months it had done 11 k! , no big problem as it was serviced afterwards

the next owner then bought it and did 8,000 miles in 4 years however it was only just serviced at 34,000 .

I know it has only just done 8, 000 miles since last service but i would at least get the oil changed after say 18 months anyway ?

am i being picky ?!

the other thing was the clutch biting point was right at the end of its travel ie biting point was not far off foot off the pedal is this normal for a zed ?

on the whole the car was ok and im sure he will sell

any comments?

I think the clutch bite in the Zed is quite high so wouldn't think that is much of a problem. As for the servicing, should be no problem if you keep it well serviced from now on. At the end of the day does the car feel right for you, price, condition & mileage. If not then keep looking until you find that special one.

To be honest, at the price point your looking at, your going to have to compromise slightly on certain things.....at this price it may be mileage, condition,spec or service history; just choose which one is most important to you....

To be honest, at the price point your looking at, your going to have to compromise slightly on certain things.....at this price it may be mileage, condition,spec or service history; just choose which one is most important to you....

my budget is 13k , went to see this one as it was cheap !

my budget is 13k , went to see this one as it was cheap !

Well then buy it and you have 3K to fix anything that is wrong with it. That will be more than enough for a new clutch plus all of the more common faults. Whenever you buy a used car you will find something somewhere that needs fixing.

the other thing was the clutch biting point was right at the end of its travel ie biting point was not far off foot off the pedal is this normal for a zed ?

This was an issue for me when I first picked it up, I could hardly drive the thing! I soon got used to it, although when I switch from my girlfriends golf I can be a little jerky...

I cannot get my clutch to slip using usual test of slow speed, high gear + a few revs + dump clutch so think it has life in it yet at 54k.

However it is normal for a pre facelift Z to have a high clutch apparently. Drive another and see if its the same.

The car looks good.

That low recent mileage would concern me - go on motinfo.gov.uk and carefully check the mileages of each MOT, see if it tallies with any other history you have. With regards oil changes, yes it would be better every year but at such a low mileage then I would gamble it will be fine.

A couple of things The bonnet on my09 sits up at the top and you have to push it down, so don't worry about that and from the factory mine is more shades of orange than JORDAN after a bad fake tan.

Plasic and metal take paint differently to be technical it's called Metameric effect. Different material sufaces will reflect light in a different way and although the sprayed colour is from the same gun it will look different indiffering light conditions. :thumbs:

God, been dying to get that of my chest. :lol::lol::lol: