Why did you buy a Zed ?

jimgallaher

I've recently bought an 08 350Z GT coupe. I was in the market for a Ford Focus ST or at a push an RS , never even considered a 350Z. I'd been looking for a Focus for 3 months, had test driven several, and to be honest I was well impressed with the cars, but I'd been too late for all the clean low mileage examples I was after, I work shift work, so they were usually sold by the time I was on my days off. I was heading home after having a test drive in a 09 ST Focus, and on impulse called into a local car supermarket to see If they had any ST's, they did, but they were "dogs". It was there I spotted the 350Z, I asked if there was any chance of a test drive, there was, and I did !!!

What a revelation :teeth:

I drove the car on a 30 mile test drive, on B roads and some A roads, and on my favourite road, the B101, a smooth, windy mountain road (part of the Ulster motor cycle Grand prix circuit) I was hooked. I'd never driven a car like it !! The Focuses were a distant memory. I went back to the dealership, tried to play hardball, but bottom line was, I had to have that car. I spent the whole weekend on t'internet, researching the Zed, comparing prices, reading reviews etc and first thing Monday I bought the car :yahoo:

2 months on I'm still loving it, I use any excuse to go out in the zed, I get up at 6:30 on nice mornings and go for 50 mile "runs" to anywhere. I've never done this in any previous car, and I've owned 12 or more new cars. I've had several strangers complimenting me on my car, again I had never experienced this.

All and all its a fantastic car, and I ended up with it due to a chance sighting of it sitting in the dealership.

So how did you all end up with a Zed ?

Sorry that was a bit unfair mate. :surrender:

I drove one about 2 yrs ago from a nissan dealer and was a total dog, really went off them at that time and bought a "family car". Anyway got bored of that and was looking at the Mazada mx and rx. Didnt like the Rx one bit after the test drive & my good lady said about the 350z. I work all over the UK and on my travels i would call into dealers in the area and have a gander. I was falling for them by this time, around 2 months of looking and wishing....

A further 3 months of scanning the web, i found one, until i drove it, been ragged, soft top didnt work. Anyway continued my search and found another in Reading, booked a test drive, had a bit of a problem doing a deal with the Nissan garage, but got there in the end, 3 weeks later picked up the new car and never looked back.

Its my second wife :lol: Just an amazing car with a great forum full of great members.

Roll on my 370z roadster, in a few years time tho! :teeth:

I left uni desperate to get a Caterham and once I'd been working for a while and saved up enough I started looking for one. But as it was going to be my only car I decided in the end that it just wasn't practical enough. I then spent along time considering pretty much every car there is (sporty clios, evos, M3s, old Bentleys, TVRs, etc, etc) and narrowed it down to two choices: a 350Z or a VX220. I was leaning more towards the VX220 and the more I read about it the better it sounded but equally the more I read about it the worse it sounded for a day-to-day car. In the end I decided to go down the sensible route and buy a 350Z; funnily enough when I told people I had bought a nice sensible car, a 350Z, they looked at me like I was crazy.

When I first started looking at cars I thought that maybe I'd get a 350Z in a couple of cars time (if that makes sense?) as I surely wouldn't be able to afford one yet and it would remain a car to dream of owning in the future. I was very pleasantly surprised to find out that I could afford one (just!).

Since getting my car a friend at work has bought a VX220 and he took me out for a ride in it. It's a great car but I found out that I don't fit in the drivers seat properly and so I wouldn't have been able to get one anyway. But even before finding out I don't fit in a VX220 I decided that I had definitely made the right decision.

I watched a TT Z spank an Evo on youtube before I went to bed one night, had a bizarre dream involving said Z. Woke up in the morning, did an insurance quote thinking it would cost a fortune - it was cheaper than my current car & within a about 3 months I'd bought one :teeth:

I always imagined Zeds to be owned my middle aged men in mid life crisis - I was wrong, they are much much older on here :p

I always imagined Zeds to be owned my middle aged men in mid life crisis - I was wrong, they are much much older on here :p

:blush:

Might have to start a 50+ old farts thread... :lol:

We've got one for pets.

(bring on the jokes of old and smelling of .............)

I wanted something with lazy torque, a nice sound and rear wheel drive and a limited slip. I also wanted something that was comfy on crappy b roads which ruled out lots of other sports cars.

In the end it was an odd choice of 2 cars, the Z and an E39 M5.

In the end the running costs of the M5 put me off so went for the Z. I think the M5 might be my next car though...

One of the things that attracted me to the Z was the fact that the car is complete as built .......... no need to add things after purchase if you don't want to ......... too many other cars need a long list of ticks in the "optional extras' boxes .............................. all at great cost

Had all sorts of cars from small hot hatches through to Evo 7's, Cosworths, M3's, American Trucks, 2 seater convertibles etc etc and I dont think nothing really comes close to the all roundness of a Z. Ok out of previously owned cars there are quicker ones, slower ones, fun ones etc but overall the Z has a bit of everything to top the bill. I'm on my second one now and have no plans of selling it. Owned around 35 cars now in 10 years so very odd (the missus thinks!) that i've still got this one after 8 months!! The only other car I think of the same is the Integra DC5 Type R - awesome cars but not quite as much fun as a Z (rwd).

Chris