nismo vs remus

s14akw

not seen a remus on a zed, i know they were popular with the MR2 crowd, nismo is expensive for what it is.

whats your budget? you can get good sound from the car for not too much money; in comparison to the nismo.

I had a nosey at the Remus the other day. I'd definately pick it over the nismo just to be different and there's not many about. Better value for money and every Remus exhaust I've heard sounds ace

well see i was leaning towards a remus but problem is my mate will be trading in his zed soon so im basically taking all his parts that i need from his and he has a nismo exhaust fitted lol (see where this is going lol). so i can get a nice sounding remus and be different or i can go for the prestigious nismo :bang:

imho i don't think the nismo is that special, it looks like stock and sounds only slightly better than stock. if thats the look your going for then fair do's but the remus would possibly be a good route.

although if your getting a nismo for peanuts you cant really complain.

I agree

I disagree. Having had a Nismo on my previous 350 the sound is awesome in comparison to the stock system when you give it the beans as anyone who follows a nimso equipped ZED will testify. But superb when motorway cruising or arriving home late so as not to wake the other 'alf :lol:

And to suggest it looks like the stock pressed metal system when the Nismo rear box is s/s and designed to sit lower to be more on display, is a little off the mark, I would suggest :dry:

And with high-flo cats it is even more awesome. But I admit to not having seen/heard a Remus so my jury is out on that one :surrender:

I agree

I disagree. Having had a Nismo on my previous 350 the sound is awesome in comparison to the stock system when you give it the beans as anyone who follows a nimso equipped ZED will testify. But superb when motorway cruising or arriving home late so as not to wake the other 'alf :lol:

And to suggest it looks like the stock pressed metal system when the Nismo rear box is s/s and designed to sit lower to be more on display, is a little off the mark, I would suggest :dry:

And with high-flo cats it is even more awesome. But I admit to not having seen/heard a Remus so my jury is out on that one :surrender:

+1 :teeth:

I had a nismo aswell Colin but it got sold and I bought something noisier :lol:

Feel free to call by my house mate and you can hear my scorpion.

To be honest people will argue to the death bit at the end of the day it's upto your budget and sound requirements. The nismo does come with the y-pipe which make it a good buy- especially if your getting it cheap. I've heard different nismo's and for some reason some are louder than others. It does have a nice tone and is built specifically with the car so there's no argument about whether it does the job. It's more about the money involed.

I've heard different nismo's and for some reason some are louder than others.

Thats down to the different engines used. For example the nismo sounds louder on a rev-up compared to a non rev-up engine ;)

mines is a rev-up. To be honest i thought mines was quite loud at first and then i heard others and they were quieter. yeah i will be at aberdeen meet and im on track at knockhill also