300zx money pit horror story..

ikarus

I recently bought an item off a trader on ebay, via a few emails i discovered the full horror of this guy's story. I asked him if i could share this on the forum as a warning to others and he agreed. He has a 300zx and put a lot of money into a big engine build. Sadly for him it didn't happen and he lost a lot of money - hence a lot of parts on ebay. I should state that i cannot varify the story and it is obviously one sided, but i thought i'd share this as i was disgusted by it. I have kept his identity and the identity of the company involved off this thread. I would like to name the company as a warning to others as its a name that comes up from time to time. I don't think they are traders on our forum however.

Maybe a mod can pm me to clarify the position?

His words..

Yeah totally screwed me over. If you have seen my other stuff for sale I was building a 900bhp 300zx. I've been in the game a while and know what is involved to get that spec. Spent a fortune on parts all branded top parts. xxxx took on the job had it for two years and stripped the engine and car an that's all they did. Left it in such a mess I couldn't take it any where else as everything would have to be re done. They stole some my parts and never returned my 3k which I had part payed. Took on the job I think orig quote was about 5k ended up as 15k as they kept adding more to it. Keeping in mind that's labour only as I supplied parts. I was a push over, family stepped in and final result was taking everything away in in a mess. Ended up selling it as parts almost everything was brand new and because it was all high end gear proving difficult to move on. Everything I'm selling I'm taking a massive loss on.

They threatened us and used force

Sickening :thumbdown:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well it was four xxxx's so i can think of one place...

probably the same one i'm thinking of.

was over on MR2ROC recently and there was a thread on there talking about a certain place that had bodged the mapping for an engine conversion project.

You've only got one side of the story there chaps, so I wouldn't go announcing names without proof. If the guy in question wants to come over and share his tale then that's one thing, but to print hearsay and Chinese whispers isn't a good thing.

If it is the trader we all think then I've been there myself and wasn't entirely impressed so I can understand the resentment here for sure, I just don't feel comfortable posting up names and black marking companies when they have no right of reply. If the story is true then that's terrible, but at the same time I could pick a million holes in what little has already been posted.

I agree with you Ekona, but there are talks on other forums about this trader.

For the noobs like me that are thinking of doing some jobs to the engine, I can only reccomend to use the trader on here which are "tested" and approuved

Link to the other forum?

Rtbiscuit and ian did see threads of this place, dont want to slag anyone off but it would be good to know who to stay clear from, as I havne't got a clue who the company in question is.

As I said, when it comes to do my engine works I'll take the Zed to someone on here.

You've only got one side of the story there chaps, so I wouldn't go announcing names without proof. If the guy in question wants to come over and share his tale then that's one thing, but to print hearsay and Chinese whispers isn't a good thing.

Yes this is why a refrained from naming them. It would come as no surprise to those who think they know. For anyone who doesn't, just be careful who you go to. The mods here do a very good job of keeping an eye on approved forum traders for us all to benefit from, best to stick to those with a good reputation than to stray over to somebody who's background you may not know - even if they've been around for a while.

The full story can be found over on the 300zx forum where this guy is a member if anybody wanted to look into it - you need to join up though. I'm not going to speculate further, as far as I'm concerned this thread has achieved it's purpose.

+2 these things can get out of hand... I wouldnt mind hearing both sides of the story so let him get on her eand tell us and then invite the garage, nothing like a good banter :D

i think the best way for noobs who need advice is to ask, or to search, we do have proof but i cba with going into that, however if someone says

"I need to get some work done where should i go??"

a host of answers come back saying Abbey etc, then its up to the noob to either take the advice or not. If i were a noob etc.... :thumbs:

Allassandro considering where your based m8 there is only one direction you should go and thats down the m40, not up it :)

+2 these things can get out of hand... I wouldnt mind hearing both sides of the story so let him get on her eand tell us and then invite the garage, nothing like a good banter :D

The garage are already on here ;)

The garage are already on here ;)

:scare: pm me

if your getting any tuning work and its a nissan, the easy answer is go to abbey. there happy post count is through the roof, never hear a bad word, and its always well spoken of. as for the other garage.

the one i think it is; are on here and have posted before and there were complaints on here. i'm aware of other work they've done both on mr2roc.

i've never used them so have no complaint; so its not my place to say. as has been said by the mods. if aggrieved parties want to come forward then fair enough.

Not sure I see the problem with posting this in the format used today.

Nobody has been named and it serves as a decent reminder to people that not everyone with a ramp and a Snap-On tool kit should be trusted with their favourite toy.